Secured Roofing & Restoration

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2020, 11:33 AM
Default Secured Roofing & Restoration

Has anyone used Secured Roofing & Restoration for roof replacement? They are all over our neighborhood turning in insurance claims.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I know nothing about this company, but NEVER, NEVER, sign an assignment of benefits document to the contractor. Ifg you do, you have given ALL control to the contractor, he decides the quality of the shingles, the schedule, and all other aspects of the project, and he get paid directly, you have no say.
Back to your original question, call Seniors against crime and the BBB to see if they have any info.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

If this is the same company with the same name there is one BBB complaint, but it sounds like a somewhat confused consumer. I can't tell whether the salesman was misleading or not. I do see that the owner replied to the BBB complaint

The Florida business license was issued in 2018 registered to Ernest Aulls. He seems to be a registered agent for lots of businesses.

It seems to be open season on getting new roofing and claiming storm damage. I can hardly wait to see how much my homeowner's insurance will be going up to cover these claims. We are at about 1/4 of the homes on my street so far.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

The correct and honest way to file an insurance claim is to call your insurance company and ask them to send out an insurance adjuster. If they deny your claim, and you think they are wrong, then call a reputable roofer for a second opinion. That is the proper way to do it. But, don't allow any roofer to represent you for an insurance claim. My opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
secured, restoration, roofing, insurance, turning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.