ServiceSmart....bad company!

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Veteran member
Default ServiceSmart....bad company!

One year ago in December I signed up two properties with this company for an annual contract. (Pest Control, Lawn Care). They made huge promises about improving a portion of the corner lot of the house I live in. The area now is worse than a year ago. The sod has huge circles where the grass is dead. Several weeks back the owner (Kenny) came to my house and agreed to re-sod this area. It has now been five weeks and nothing has been done. I have called five or six times for the owner to return my call to no avail. Today I called again. They are just not reputable and will tell you most anything on the phone to satisfy you but do not follow through. Since I paid for both properties up front in order to save some money I tried to get a refund back in the Summer but they have refused. I would never use them or recommend that anyone use ServiceSmart. :

Last edited by TimeForChange; 10-05-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems, that is the problem with paying up front. I fired them, was only paying every 3 months. I do my own lawn now, will not be long before I fire myself!!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
One year ago in December I signed up two properties up with this company for an annual contract. (Pest Control, Lawn Care). They made huge promises about improving a portion of the corner lot of the house I live in. The area now is worse than a year ago. The sod has huge circles where the grass is dead. Several weeks back the owner (Kenny) came to my house and agreed to re-sod this area. It has now been five weeks and nothing has been done. I have called five or six times for the owner to return my call to no avail. Today I called again. They are just not reputable and will tell you most anything on the phone to satisfy you but do not follow through. Since I paid for both properties up front in order to save some money I tried to get a refund back in the Summer but they have refused. I would never use them or recommend that anyone use ServiceSmart.
It's very rarely a good idea to pay for anything in advance. Especially lawn care. We paid three months in advance for lawn mowing back in 2007, not a lot of money. But the guy disappeared into the woodwork. Lesson learned.

Service Smart has a bad reputation on TOTV. It's good to check using the Search button above, before spending money on any Contractor.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
One year ago in December I signed up two properties with this company for an annual contract. (Pest Control, Lawn Care). They made huge promises about improving a portion of the corner lot of the house I live in. The area now is worse than a year ago. The sod has huge circles where the grass is dead. Several weeks back the owner (Kenny) came to my house and agreed to re-sod this area. It has now been five weeks and nothing has been done. I have called five or six times for the owner to return my call to no avail. Today I called again. They are just not reputable and will tell you most anything on the phone to satisfy you but do not follow through. Since I paid for both properties up front in order to save some money I tried to get a refund back in the Summer but they have refused. I would never use them or recommend that anyone use ServiceSmart. :
Did you go to their office in Ocala and demand a refund? I did and I got mine. You have to be super insistent. I think I was a down right witch, but I got my refund. I had about 2 months left on my contract, too. Hope it works for you!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, I may go on Thursday.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Thanks but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
It's very rarely a good idea to pay for anything in advance. Especially lawn care. We paid three months in advance for lawn mowing back in 2007, not a lot of money. But the guy disappeared into the woodwork. Lesson learned.

Service Smart has a bad reputation on TOTV. It's good to check using the Search button above, before spending money on any Contractor.
In my almost 70 years I have owned many homes in several States. I said in my post that I have two houses in TV. I was trying to save a little money. Lawn Care (mowing) is no where near the same as lawn care. Especially with a large company like SSmart. Thank you for telling me info I already knew. If they have such a bad reputation why is there not a page where this is discussed?
Old 10-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Veteran member

Sent you a private message. Plan to go to Ocala tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Veteran member

Sent you a PM. Plan to go tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Platinum member
Default There are

Quote:
In my almost 70 years I have owned many homes in several States. I said in my post that I have two houses in TV. I was trying to save a little money. Lawn Care (mowing) is no where near the same as lawn care. Especially with a large company like SSmart. Thank you for telling me info I already knew. If they have such a bad reputation why is there not a page where this is discussed?
Do a search and you will see many postings listing the lousy service they charge you for and not do.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Do a search and you will see many postings listing the lousy service they charge you for and not do.
I ask about them last DEC with zero response. It's easy for you to come here now and tell me what to do like you know everything. Yes, I am very upset and there should be a place where those of us can go and find out easy who the crooks are.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Quote:
If they have such a bad reputation why is there not a page where this is discussed?
As I said, it's good to use the Search Button to research Contractors. There are many archived threads about Service Smart.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-05-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Quote:
I ask about them last DEC with zero response. It's easy for you to come here now and tell me what to do like you know everything. Yes, I am very upset and there should be a place where those of us can go and find out easy who the crooks are.
No need to call out Jima64 who is giving you good advice. There have been many previous threads on TOTV about Service Smart. If you had called The Better Business Bureau, they would have told you about many complaints registered against SS.
Closed Thread

Tags
area, house, weeks, back, called, servicesmart, owner, huge, ago, company, properties, year, phone, satisfy, follow, reputable, paid, bad, refused, recommend, cussad, summer, refund, order, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.