Shiplap on lanai ceiling

Old 02-05-2024, 10:08 PM
Default Shiplap on lanai ceiling

We are looking at putting Shiplap on our lanai ceiling. Looking for recommendations and cost. Would love to see pictures.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,178 Times in 2,262 Posts

I cannot help with a reference or photos, however you might want to check the orientation of the rafters in this area. I am guessing they will be perpendicular to the long walls, which would suggest that the shiplap would need to be installed in the direction of the long walls or additional firring strips or similar would need to be installed so you would have something to attach the shiplap to.
I think Doc's restoration does this type of work, you could try contacting them.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,178 Times in 2,262 Posts

I cannot help with a reference or photos, however you might want to check the orientation of the rafters in this area. I am guessing they will be perpendicular to the long walls, which would suggest that the shiplap would need to be installed in the direction of the long walls or additional firring strips or similar would need to be installed so you would have something to attach the shiplap to.
I think Doc's restoration does this type of work, you could try contacting them.

Old 02-06-2024, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandtammy View Post
We are looking at putting Shiplap on our lanai ceiling. Looking for recommendations and cost. Would love to see pictures.
We used Brian Terry Vinyl. They are outstanding, and do this type of work quite frequently. In fact, a lot of the newer homes in the newer sections of The Villages have this on their lanais and front porches. There are multiple siding companies who do this work, but Brian Terry Vinyl enjoys an outstanding reputation. We chose non-vented soffit (vinyl). To be installed properly, all of the existing drywall is first removed. Then the installers add furring strips so that the span of nailing locations is not farther than 12" apart (to prevent the non-vented soffit, which you refer to as shiplap) from sagging. The non-vented soffit is super easy to clean, and does not require painting. The strips come in two lengths, 12' and 12'6". Because we didn't want any overlapping sections, our job required four of the longer lengths due to our lanai design.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0728.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	102679  

Last edited by photo1902; 02-06-2024 at 02:49 PM.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
We used Brian Terry Vinyl. They are outstanding, and do this type of work quite frequently. In fact, a lot of the newer homes in the newer sections of The Villages have this on their lanais and front porches. There are multiple siding companies who do this work, but Brian Terry Vinyl enjoys an outstanding reputation. We chose non-vented soffit (vinyl). To be installed properly, all of the existing drywall is first removed. Then the installers add furring strips so that the span of nailing locations is not farther than 12" apart (to prevent the non-vented soffit, which you refer to as shiplap) from sagging. The non-vented soffit is super easy to clean, and does not require painting. The strips come in two lengths, 12' and 12'6". Because we didn't want any overlapping sections, our job required four of the longer lengths due to our lanai design.
Brian Terry did an excellent job for us installing a pergola behind our lanai. I would happily use them again for another job.

Tags
shiplap, lanai, ceiling, love, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.