Shout out for Mike Scott plumbing

Old 05-02-2024, 07:06 AM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Warranties have very little to do with the useful lifespan of any product. If everyone did as you say, manufacturers would shorten their warranties to sell more products. The average lifespan of almost every product, including water heaters, is much longer than their warranty. Typically, new vehicles are only warranted for 3 years, and most other products have only a one year warranty.
Actually not totally correct. Depending on your water, the anode rod which slows the corrosion in the hot water tank will only last so long. Usually it’s expended by the time the water heater warranty is done. After that, It’s a gamble on when the minerals, etc, start eating away at the inside of your tank. We replaced a neighbors hot water heater at 7 years old here in the Villages and removed the anode rod and confirmed this. That said, if you are a gambler then do nothing and wait for the tank to leak then replace it and any water damage that might occur. Rarely, the tank just lets loose but that can also happen and then you will be in a world of hurt. So it’s actually best to plan on replacing the water heater after the warranty is done. Here in the Villages the original tank is warrantied for 6 years. You can purchase a new one with a 12 year warranty. The idea is to replace the tank as planned maintenance vs paying double when the tank leaks or lets loose for an emergency replacement. I’ve also heard of insurance companies cancelling your policy if you don’t replace the heater after a certain period. Hope this helps!
Old 05-02-2024, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,886 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Actually not totally correct. Depending on your water, the anode rod which slows the corrosion in the hot water tank will only last so long. Usually it’s expended by the time the water heater warranty is done. After that, It’s a gamble on when the minerals, etc, start eating away at the inside of your tank. We replaced a neighbors hot water heater at 7 years old here in the Villages and removed the anode rod and confirmed this. That said, if you are a gambler then do nothing and wait for the tank to leak then replace it and any water damage that might occur. Rarely, the tank just lets loose but that can also happen and then you will be in a world of hurt. So it’s actually best to plan on replacing the water heater after the warranty is done. Here in the Villages the original tank is warrantied for 6 years. You can purchase a new one with a 12 year warranty. The idea is to replace the tank as planned maintenance vs paying double when the tank leaks or lets loose for an emergency replacement. I’ve also heard of insurance companies cancelling your policy if you don’t replace the heater after a certain period. Hope this helps!
Apparently, there are a lot of gamblers who own water heaters. I don't know anyone who has replaced a 6-year-old water heater that was working fine because of "planned maintenance".
Old 05-02-2024, 07:52 AM

Please explain more about the TECO Rebate form you submitted. Are you now using electric or gas to heat your water? What were you using to heat your water? Where did you obtain the form? Which Village do you live in? Here's my understanding of the Program:

Rebate Amounts
Depending on your current setup and the type of water heater you choose, rebate amounts vary:

Natural Gas Water Heater Options Replacing an Electric Water Heater Replacing a Natural Gas Water Heater
Tank Water Heater $550 $350
ENERGY STAR Tank Water Heater $650 $400
Tankless Water Heater $700 $550
It’s important to note that the rebate amount cannot exceed the total cost of the equipment, installation, and any necessary piping or venting.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkorn12@aol.com View Post
Please explain more about the TECO Rebate form you submitted. Are you now using electric or gas to heat your water? What were you using to heat your water? Where did you obtain the form? Which Village do you live in? Here's my understanding of the Program:

Rebate Amounts
Depending on your current setup and the type of water heater you choose, rebate amounts vary:

Natural Gas Water Heater Options Replacing an Electric Water Heater Replacing a Natural Gas Water Heater
Tank Water Heater $550 $350
ENERGY STAR Tank Water Heater $650 $400
Tankless Water Heater $700 $550
It’s important to note that the rebate amount cannot exceed the total cost of the equipment, installation, and any necessary piping or venting.
You understand rather well.
Was Using gas.
Now using gas.
Got form on web site.
Which village I live in is irrelevant.
To fully understand here is the web site.
Rebates
Old 05-02-2024, 08:24 AM

what was the cost, I am looking to replace mine
Old 05-02-2024, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avigg View Post
what was the cost, I am looking to replace mine
$1200. 50gal

Tags
water, heater, scott, plumbing, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.