SMALL CLAIMS CT OR CHAPTER 558 fund:

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Question SMALL CLAIMS CT OR CHAPTER 558 fund:

Advanced Construction & remodeling , etc. and they may also do home inspections under his wife’s name per internet research..OWNER RICHARD ORTENGREN. This construction company has installed windows and new door on my lanai which has been nothing but a nightmare The lanai has been leaking a lot of water since the first day it was installed in June. I was returning back to NY and he said not to worry he will fix it. To date although he says he will fix it and has returned to attempt such; it is still leaking badly and he is blaming it on the original construction from the builder. He has not returned any phone calls and I am returning to my home in Duval soon and would like to resolve this mess;
I am currently still working in NY and planning toward retirement.
I had read an older thread about how to handle “bad contractor problems” by filing some kind of paper work. Can anyone please advise. What steps to take to begin a formal complaint.? Can I have a Lien set again the renewal of his license
Help!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

One place to start would be the Seniors Vs Crime Offices, there are two in TV. Seniors Vs Crime is a special project of the Florida Attorney General's Office and they assist citizens in dealing with business disputes - no charge for their services. Both offices are located with the sheriff's departments in TV. The Marion County Office in on Mulberry Lane (near Route 42 and Buena Vista and close to the Mulberry Rec Center) in the Marion County Sheriff's Department. They are open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 AM until 2 PM. The Sumter County Office is located on CR 466 near Morse Boulevard in the Sumter County Sheriff's Department (and the Sumter County Government Annex Building). Same office hours except they are also open on Thursdays. No appointment necessary - just drop in. Bring any necessary paperwork pertaining to your complaint such as contracts, payments, credit card bills, emails, letters, etc., and they will talk with you, take your complaint, and explain what they can do to assist you.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Default small claims court

Thanks Bryan..I was able to bring up the form on line to register the complaint and spoke to a gentleman there today. He seemed very helpful. Really appreciate the information..Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 05:17 AM

Beth, was your problem resolved?? We are thinking about signing a contract with Advanced and have spoken to a number of people that seem to be very happy with their home projects. We have gone out and looked at their work and so far all seems excellent. Maybe yours is just part of the one percent that happens?? Please respond as we of course are concerned.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bryan. What very good information to know. Thank you for telling us about Seniors Vs. Crime!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Default Lanai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamike View Post
Beth, was your problem resolved?? We are thinking about signing a contract with Advanced and have spoken to a number of people that seem to be very happy with their home projects. We have gone out and looked at their work and so far all seems excellent. Maybe yours is just part of the one percent that happens?? Please respond as we of course are concerned.

Thanks
TAMIKE..My problem hasnt been resolved, now he is blaming the manufacturer who he claims may only be contacted through him.
I may be the 1%..I would advise you not become the 2%.
Last year I posted on TOV and asked if anyone had ever used Advanced, no one responded..However many gave names of other companys who I stupidly did not use. Please PM me if you want my address and you can go take a look.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.