SMI Construction, looking for anyone who has or is using them

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Default SMI Construction, looking for anyone who has or is using them

I am in the middle of construction with this company and having many delays and changes to original plans. Want them to finish but would like to hear from others who dealt with them before considering other options.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:14 AM
Veteran member

We had Johnny make a permanent room out of our lanai, and not just by adding windows.
We took out the sliding doors, raised the floor, ran electric and cable throughout, finished the walls, etc., and it looked like an extension of the house, not an add on.
We also added a room off the master bedroom; access was through a closet. Even the roof had to be extended and you would never be able to tell.

We were very happy with the work which was so well done.

Since that time, however, I have read a number of complaints, which is a real shame.
I don't know what has happened between the time our work was done and now, but obviously SMI has a serious problem.
You might want to check out prior threads to see the issues others have had.
I wish you good luck.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:45 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. I had checked them out before I started with them and they had gotten rave reviews. I think he got to big too fast. Now he says he is downsizing or going into the granite business because he can't get help. Unfortunately, I am paying the price. It has been months and nothing is complete. Good to know that my initial feeling about him was right. Thanks again.
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, finish, plans, original, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.