Stay Away From Service Smart

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2018, 09:33 AM
Angry Stay Away From Service Smart

Warning to anyone considering using Service Smart. We paid for an annual contract with them to maintain our lawn and shrub chemicals. We found out the chemicals being used are diluted more than the instructions call for from a former employee. Not that it matters because they refuse to come out. I called every day and was told someone would be by.We went and reported them to crimes against seniors and was told we were number 386. The complaint was filed with the Florida Attorney General's office. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Whoever you use please only do a monthly contract. We lost a lot using Service Smart, who still refuses to honor our contract, yet they are still soliciting new business in Fenney.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:38 AM

You should have checked here first, many complaints.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Gold member

First of all, welcome to the Villages, you must be new. SS has an F rating from the BBB and has cheated hundreds of Villagers out of money and services when year long contracts have been signed. Never sign a year long contract, no matter ow much discount they offer. The only way I've seen that people get a refund is if they go and sit in the companies office and wait there, all day if necessary, until someone gives you a check.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 06-21-2018, 08:07 PM

Thought there was no soliciting in the villages yet I see SS trolling Fenney for new residents all the time. Came to our house 5-6 times when we arrived. Happy I went with intuition and hired Dean's.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydan View Post
You should have checked here first, many complaints.
Yep.

I think there should be a flyer in the developer packet for new owners...warning them about SS.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:04 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Yep.

I think there should be a flyer in the developer packet for new owners...warning them about SS.
Agree. But wait...they’re a DS advertiser!
Old 06-22-2018, 10:20 AM

I had SS when I first bought here in TV. Trouble from the beginning. They eventually killed most of my shrubs and a beautiful holly tree. Wrote several letters to them with pictures. No Reply. Called every other day for a couple of weeks, no reply. Definitely a bad company to deal with.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

can't believe they are still in business !!!!!!
Old 08-20-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherFife View Post
Warning to anyone considering using Service Smart. We paid for an annual contract with them to maintain our lawn and shrub chemicals. We found out the chemicals being used are diluted more than the instructions call for from a former employee. Not that it matters because they refuse to come out. I called every day and was told someone would be by.We went and reported them to crimes against seniors and was told we were number 386. The complaint was filed with the Florida Attorney General's office. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Whoever you use please only do a monthly contract. We lost a lot using Service Smart, who still refuses to honor our contract, yet they are still soliciting new business in Fenney.
Thanks for your post about Service Smart. We are having very similar problems with them. We keep calling, they keep saying "Someone will be out," and our lawn grass keeps growing! 😞
Old 08-20-2018, 08:40 AM

Service Smart - the absolute worst lawn mowing service to deal with. Worst customer service and worst employees. They would come in, cut the grass. If they did weed whack, they would not blow off any lawn cuttings. Our lawn was absolute mess after only six months with them.
Closed Thread

Tags
contract, smart, service, chemicals, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.