Stay away from Suntrust Bank

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2021, 03:28 PM
Default Stay away from Suntrust Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoyne77 View Post
In the past I have cashed checks there, this is the first time they wanted to charge. I picked up my dad, went back and called the darn check for free. ������
You say your "sick" father is 87 years old. So you go get Dad and bring him to the bank to save $7.00? What intelligence and concern you exhibit! I do hope Dad wasn't too sick, and can find better assistance for future financial transactions.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Why didn’t you just go to the bank your accounts are with and cash it? I have never used sun trust, but citizens never charges me if I need to cash a check no matter what bank the check is written on
Because you are an account holder at Citizens! Apples and Oranges
Old 01-11-2021, 06:09 AM
Default Check cashed on Suntrust Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffjobs View Post
The pools could be used if the villages staff have someone at the entrance allowing a certain amount of people in at a time. Limit to an hour or so. This could be done only using specific pools. If the Villages say staffing this idea would be difficult, use the gate attendants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackpot View Post
That is not true. Wells Fargo does not charge any fees for checks drawn on their bank. That is absurd. If I were him, I would have been ****ed.
I agree with the poster - the check is made out to you, IT'S YOUR MONEY , not theirs.

Big companies, financial institutions, especially cable and cell phone companies, will "charge" and fee you to death. As much as they feel they can get away with.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Never had issues with Suntrust and used them for my father's trust account while he was still alive. I used them for a while afterward for myself. They were probably one of the best banks I ever dealt with when it come to securing my money.
DonH57, I hear what your saying but you said you used them yourself. Of course if you’re a member of that bank you wouldn’t have any issues with them & you could cash a check for your father but that a check for a family member to Wells Fargo or another bank, I bet you could cash your family members check at one of these. Of course you like Sun Trust, you’re a member there. Change banks once & I bet you Sun Trust won’t cash a check for you then!
Old 01-11-2021, 10:45 AM

IMHO it seems pretty selfish for you to make your 87 year old sick father move his accounts from a bank that he has been happy with and is located close to him for your convenience. Why didnt you cash it at your own bank instead of dragging your sick dad to the bank?
Old 01-12-2021, 05:35 PM

Several folks complained about banks charging a fee for cashing checks for non-account holders. Years ago banks did cash checks at no charge but things have changed because interest rates are so much lower now. In the good old days banks were eager to get people to open savings or checking accounts and deposit money because banks are allowed by law to loan out $10 for every $1 in deposits and they could make a good money on the interest on these loans. Remember when banks were advertising all the time for retail customers and would give you a toaster for opening an account? But today interest rates are so low they're not making as much on loans so are charging fees for services that were formerly free. If you don't like Sun Trust Bank and want to get back them take out a $100,000 home mortgage from them at less than a 3% interest rate and as you make your monthly payments think how much less they are making from you than if you'd taken out the loan in 1981 and were paying 17% interest.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoyne77 View Post
In the past I have cashed checks there, this is the first time they wanted to charge. I picked up my dad, went back and called the darn check for free. ������
Wow! You got your sick 87 year old Dad out of the house to go to the bank over $7? In the words of Judge Judy "Outrageous"!!!
Old 01-13-2021, 12:48 PM
Veteran member

Wells Fargo will not even let me put money in my granddaughters account because I am not on the account. Seriously?
Old 01-13-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Wells Fargo will not even let me put money in my granddaughters account because I am not on the account. Seriously?
Of course they won't let you do that. It could be construed as money laundering.
Closed Thread

Tags
suntrust, cash, stay, wth, account

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.