StoneRise Granite

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Gold member
Default StoneRise Granite

I spent 4 years planning my kitchen renovation and ended up selecting Granite slabs from Ultimate Granite and using StoneRise Granite in Ocala as my Fabricator.

StoneRise did a great job in Template Layout, and installation of my new granite. It is just beautiful.

But... (this is what sets them apart as a GREAT company to work with) the granite slab in my dishwasher-sink-refrigerator run had a natural flaw that was right in the middle of my work area. It also would make the granite hard to keep clean.

James, who handles customer service, immediately sent someone out to repair my granite. After more than 3 hrs of buffing and polishing and scratching his head, Ryan called James and told him it could not be repaired.

The only fix was to tear out my sink, re cut a new slab and reinstall that run of granite. I was heartbroken, but James insisted that StoneRise would do the right thing and told me to go and pick out the slab. I was able to get the last slab of my granite and they did a wonderful job of tearing out the flawed granite run and replacing it.

My kitchen looks fantastic. I highly recommend them. They are excellent craftsmen and they also stand behind their material and work, which is so very important.

They have the integrity to go above and beyond to make it right. I have had friends look at my flawed granite and tell me that it would be much too costly for StoneRise to eat the cost and replace it. But that is exactly what they did!

I have 3 vanities and a surface in an alcove that I will be doing in granite as well. I wasn't sure if I would use StoneRise until after this kitchen problem was resolved. Now I know that I can trust them to do all my work. They are very customer oriented and really care about the outcome and customer satisfaction.

I can highly recommend them! Tell them Dotti sent you!
Old 03-05-2018, 08:13 AM

I recommend them also. Made my home look beautiful
Old 03-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Default Great work and price!!

Steve, Kirk and staff did a great job of installing Granite in our kitchen and baths. Thanks for quality product and work.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
I spent 4 years planning my kitchen renovation and ended up selecting Granite slabs from Ultimate Granite and using StoneRise Granite in Ocala as my Fabricator.

StoneRise did a great job in Template Layout, and installation of my new granite. It is just beautiful.

But... (this is what sets them apart as a GREAT company to work with) the granite slab in my dishwasher-sink-refrigerator run had a natural flaw that was right in the middle of my work area. It also would make the granite hard to keep clean.

James, who handles customer service, immediately sent someone out to repair my granite. After more than 3 hrs of buffing and polishing and scratching his head, Ryan called James and told him it could not be repaired.

The only fix was to tear out my sink, re cut a new slab and reinstall that run of granite. I was heartbroken, but James insisted that StoneRise would do the right thing and told me to go and pick out the slab. I was able to get the last slab of my granite and they did a wonderful job of tearing out the flawed granite run and replacing it.

My kitchen looks fantastic. I highly recommend them. They are excellent craftsmen and they also stand behind their material and work, which is so very important.

They have the integrity to go above and beyond to make it right. I have had friends look at my flawed granite and tell me that it would be much too costly for StoneRise to eat the cost and replace it. But that is exactly what they did!

I have 3 vanities and a surface in an alcove that I will be doing in granite as well. I wasn't sure if I would use StoneRise until after this kitchen problem was resolved. Now I know that I can trust them to do all my work. They are very customer oriented and really care about the outcome and customer satisfaction.

I can highly recommend them! Tell them Dotti sent you!
Here's what I'm not clear on. If you purchased your granite from Ultimate granite, why wouldn't they be on the hook for the defective slab?
Old 03-13-2018, 03:19 PM
Gold member

I did pick my slabs at Ultimate, both the originals and the replacement slab. But my contract was with StoneRise. I’m not sure how they worked it out between the two companies.
Both Adam at Ultimate and James at StoneRise were very good about communicating with each other and getting that last remaining slab reserved for my re install.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Here's what I'm not clear on. If you purchased your granite from Ultimate granite, why wouldn't they be on the hook for the defective slab?
First you choose a granite installer. Then he sends you to a couple of places to choose granite. Every granite place has a lot of different granite choices. But... suppose you walked into Ultimate Granite, or another granite warehouse, first off. They may give you some recommendations for installers, but they are not going to come out and install your granite.

You want the best granite installer possible. He's the one who will map out your countertop on the granite itself, cut it, finish it, install it. He should also be the one who sees an imperfection in the granite, but hey, stuff happens. Great that OP's installer made good on it. I imagine he got some sort of relief from Ultimate Granite as well.

At closing, we learned that our granite sold our house. It was really cool granite, and I'll miss it! And I have to thank UptownGirl for showing us her granite and recommending the installer.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:35 PM

Ultimate Granite will take care of any problem. Ultimate Granite loves The Villages.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:44 AM

Oh Dottie,
How I wish I could write the same glowing report on Stone Rise. Hopefully it will happen. I really like all the people at the company and love giving business to family owned and operated companies. However, we are in month 3 waiting for them to replace a mis-cut quartz piece that resulted in an ugly seam at the sink in our kitchen. I would consider living with it, but it's embarrassing when guests see it and ask what happened.
Now that the snow birds are leaving, I will give them another call. Maybe they'll have time to fix the problem and we can move on to new counters in the bathrooms and laundry room.
Ruth Mytty
Old 05-29-2018, 05:56 PM

Me too! They did a wonderful job on my kitchen. James really worked with us to finish the job which another contractor abandoned as it was too big for them. I recommend them
Old 05-30-2018, 07:57 AM

I am sorry to say my experience was just the opposite. Sorry I went to them.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 AM

This is why I prefer a company that handles the whole process. I went with Magma Granite and Marble as they have the granite or 10 manufactures of quartz. They do the laser template, fabrication and installation. They also have sinks and faucets. A one stop shopping for me. If they didn't have exactly what I was looking for in Granite they showed be pictures from other suppliers or I could go to the other suppliers to select for myself. They had a large selection in Wildwood and the granite slabs are in an indoor warehouse so I didn't have to stand out in the rain or sun. I am glad it worked out for you. I suggest Magma Granite as they do it all and have great customer service too.
Closed Thread

Tags
granite, stonerise, work, slab, customer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.