Suggestions for Car Dealerships/Used/New

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Veteran member
Question Suggestions for Car Dealerships/Used/New

I will be moving to TV Land and altho I would be very happy with a golf cart and dont need a vehicle. I am sure occasions will arise when I wish I had one. Any recommendations for used/new dealerships would be greatly appreciated. I am not looking for anything fancy, will only need the car once in a blue moon. I am very happy with using the golf cart. Any info for where to go and who to avoid hehe would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you
Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Eternal Member

My next door neighbor got rid of his car. If he needs a ride he calls a cab or limo service depending on where he is going. He also rents a car on occasions. His justification for getting rid of the car was no car insurance, registration, maintenance, etc. With those savings he can afford the occasional taxi, limo, rental.

No sure why you want to contact a dealership unless you just want to find a place to rent a car. Lots of rental places in the telephone book.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 AM
Veteran member

Thank you Zcaveman, those are excellent ideas, I didnt think of a taxi or renting a car if I need one . I was wondering about the dealerships in the area for when my son drives me down he could take me around to a few to find a small vehicle. But like your neighbor, I like that idea of no hassles with a car. I guess all I would need a car for is grocery shopping (I love to cook lol) and searching for furniture etc., but I am sure I could work that out and just take more trips for groceries and get out of my habit of doing a big once a month grocery run. Thanks for the ideas!!
Jeannne
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Gold member

Jeanne most of us use our golf carts for grocery shopping.
There is always Souther lifestyles furniture co right in Sumters Landing and also another furniture store near Spanish Springs in another shopping center.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again
Smile

There are many new/used car dealers within range of TV. I had a Smart car for a while (dealer in Orlando) those are perfect for someone in TV.
Small/nimble/quick and room for several bags of groceries.
I would suggest not buying a car from a private party. At a dealership you will get the proper paperwork
Florida is very strict on insurance/title/plates etc. When you buy from a private party you can not take it till you have insurance/tags/etc. or you can have your license suspended.
Also remember that when you move here they require you to get a Florida license within 10 days.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Veteran member

Thank you obxgal....that is great to hear that groceries will fit in the golf cart, actually now that I think about it, I wont be buying as many groceries as I do now, thank you very much.

Thank you otherbruddaDarrell (great screen name lol ) that is great advice, so glad you told me.....whewww I didnt know I only had 10 days to get a Florida license!

Appreciate the replies!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Eternal Member

You can buy a nylon shopping bag for $49 from any golf cart store that you clamp on in the rear where the golf clubs go. We do our weekly shopping and put everything in the shopping bag after we leave the store and have no fear of bags sliding out of the cart on turns.

I have seen several accidents where someone was parked on the side of the road retrieving spilled bags from the middle of the road.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Platinum member

Jeanne:

Z's right, the mesh bag is wonderful. In fact, since I'm not a golfer (which is, admittedly, almost heresy here!), my bag is permanently there. It holds a huge amount - just pack it carefully. That is, remember to put the big can of coffee in first, the eggs and bread last!

SWR
Old 09-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

Jeanne,

I agree the "Big bag" is a must. I also use the cloth bags and place them in the big bag, they offer some protection and make it much easier to load and unload.

I must admit I love love love the Golf Cart!!!

Halle
Old 09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Gold member

I am hoping to shop via golf cart when we relocate to TV. I already use my own bags and I have two large bags that are thermal so you can carry frozen or cold products home in them. So I am looking forward to using them in the golf cart.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Veteran member

Thank you guys and gals! A big bag it is...perfect solution to my dilemma! The golf shop will be one of my first stops. .
Before my son leaves, I will go and do one big grocery run and stock up as much as I can, then buzz around in my lil golf cart when I need more groceries...sounds like fun.
Thanks again,
Jeanne
Old 09-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Gold member

We have one of the big bags for shopping also and we have a full size cooler in it at all times. Never know when you want to pick up some icecream. Just throw one of those frozen ice things in it.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

With all the stores around here it does not take long to get home anyways. Hey...kitchens are optional in TV... I know a guy that has not used his in over 3 years except to make coffee!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.