Television move

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Default Television move

Looking for a recommendation for someone to move CenturyLlnk cable box from one side of the living room to the other and install it to a new TV. The modem and router will stay on the existing side of the room.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesquare View Post
Looking for a recommendation for someone to move CenturyLlnk cable box from one side of the living room to the other and install it to a new TV. The modem and router will stay on the existing side of the room.
Do yourself a favor cut the cable and go with YouTube we did , kept phone line, and computer line.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Have you considered using WiFi for your TV. The CenturyLink box should be able to connect to your router. If not, then maybe a new box needed.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Have you considered using WiFi for your TV. The CenturyLink box should be able to connect to your router. If not, then maybe a new box needed.
There is an yellow ethernet cable connected to the modem , what's that for??
Old 09-19-2020, 06:42 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

I did not think Century Link did TV any longer - only phone and internet - that was what they told me when they said I would need to go to Direct TV if I stayed with them 2 years ago - I went to Comcast and everything is much better than before.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:27 PM
Default Do you have a cable TV outlet on the new wall

Quote:
If you have the BNC outlet you can just move the cable, and likely then need to make sure that this outlet is live. This wiring is outside at my house and the Centurylink tech or any TV tech can set this up. Independent TV sales places usually have one.

If you don’t have the BNC outlet then one would have to be installed. Again the independent TV tech might also do this. Also the Centurylink person.

I have gone to YouTubeTV, uses WIFi instead of cables. It is likely that Centurylink which has combined with Directv, and they have a streaming service Directv Now, so you might be able to use WIFi if the new TV has WIFi.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 PM
Default Ethernet cable

Quote:
My CenturyLink system has two boxes, one for the incoming fiber optic to be converted to electricity, and this is connected to other which is the WIFI router. These two are close together usually, they are connected by an ethernet cable, and my cable happens to be yellow, but they can be other colors. Separately when I had CenturyLink TV, there was a small box that plugged into the wall via the round Cable, called a BNC cable. The small box takes the cable signal, unscrambles it, often times has the Digital Video Recorder equipment, and sends video to the TV. The WiFI router also has a port to connect your computer directly, also an ethernet port. I don't have the small box for the TV anymore, but it might also have other ports, other ones than the video wires to the TV.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Call Century Link and have their tech come out these guys know their stuff and will set you up correctly ,recently had a internet issue and they completely updated and removed unneeded equipment.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:14 AM
Default Streaming

Switch to streaming. No boxes!
Old 09-20-2020, 06:31 AM

I agree. Go to streaming or try an attic antenna or both. I do both. I get 63 OTA channels then supplement with Sling TV for $30/mo and 40 more channels. It’s fantastic! For some people the OTA channels may be enough and they’re FREE!
Old 09-20-2020, 06:57 AM

CenturyLink offers wireless cable boxes. Call them and see what it would cost to convert ! Might be cheaper that having an additional outlet installed.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Call century link - they will assist you
Over the
Phone.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
That was a way to connect computer if computer didn't have wireless connection
Old 09-20-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Call tom!3526178868 he is the best guy in villages for installing anything to do with them and he’s like he type of guy to answer your question for free
Old 09-20-2020, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

CenturyLink is a nightmare! Get out of your contract ASAP! They raised my rates constantly and pushed for a dish. No way! I’m with Comcast now and at least I don’t have to call them every month regarding a price hike. I will be cutting the cord as soon as I’m out if contract in a few months. I wish Verizon had FIOS here. They were the best.
Closed Thread

Tags
move, side, room, router, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.