Television move

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Default Ethernet cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
My CenturyLink system has two boxes, one for the incoming fiber optic to be converted to electricity, and this is connected to other which is the WIFI router. These two are close together usually, they are connected by an ethernet cable, and my cable happens to be yellow, but they can be other colors. Separately when I had CenturyLink TV, there was a small box that plugged into the wall via the round Cable, called a BNC cable. The small box takes the cable signal, unscrambles it, often times has the Digital Video Recorder equipment, and sends video to the TV. The WiFI router also has a port to connect your computer directly, also an ethernet port. I don't have the small box for the TV anymore, but it might also have other ports, other ones than the video wires to the TV.
What I have is the yellow ethernet cable going from the modem directly to the CenturyLink Prism box. There's two other wires coming out of the wall to the modem. We want to move ONLY the prism box to the other side of the room and connect it to our new TV. The CenturyLink box only has three wires going in it . 1. power 2. HDMI cable and 3. the ethernet cable . I would need some one to run the ethernet cable up the existing wall from the modem ,across the ceiling and down the wall on the other side and attach it to the CentuyLink box.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts

If your TV is a “smart TV” you can connect a router to the Century Link home run location and stream the TV signal using wi-fi. I’d suggest going further and installing a “mesh point” system to extend the range of the wi-fi signal throughout the house.

Visit Best Buy and have one of their techs explain the mesh point systems to you. There are several brands being sold at Best Buy.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts

I described wireless streaming of your TV signal in another post in this thread. If you choose to use a wired connection, pulling an Ethernet cable from the Century Link home run up a wall, through your attic, and down thru the wall near your TV is not at all difficult. An electrician could do it, or even a handyman.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:18 AM

Any reliable electrician can "move" your cable connection. It is not cheap but who wants to crawl around in the attic. Some of the other options/suggestions might be an option. I have Xfinity for cable and internet; it is reliable, the internet speed is amazing, but it is expensive.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Call tom!3526178868 he is the best guy in villages for installing anything to do with them and he’s like he type of guy to answer your question for free
This is not the correct number for this service. It was a Tom but he doesn't provide the above mentioned service.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesquare View Post
Looking for a recommendation for someone to move CenturyLlnk cable box from one side of the living room to the other and install it to a new TV. The modem and router will stay on the existing side of the room.
What TV does Century Link provide for you? I've had Century Link internet since 2011 and the price has been guaranteed for life and I've only had one outage in 9 years, and only lasted a couple of hours. I've had Directv since 2008 but inquired about their Prism TV a couple of years ago and they said they stopped Prism TV as of 2018, I heard they had too many drop outs and pixelizations, and said they only offer Directv, which of course I already had.
Closed Thread

Tags
move, side, room, router, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.