Tile Floor Cleaning

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2019, 05:14 AM
Question Tile Floor Cleaning

Our home has all tile flooring. This is our desire, but I am unsure of the best way to maintain and clean it.

Specifically I am asking:

1) What do you find the best damp mopping product for regular cleaning?

And,

2) Do you use a company to come in periodically to do a thorough cleaning of all the tile and grout? (If so, who do you find is a good contractor for this work?)

Any other words of wisdom about how you maintain / tips & tricks you use on your tile floors would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

I started out using a Swiffer, but discovered the “old” version of a mop and water with Mr. Clean works for me. Maybe it’s a bit much, but I use two buckets: one for clean water, and the other to squeeze out the dirty mop.

We just had SureClean come in and clean the grout/tiles for all our tile. Boy, are they good! This is after 4 years of living here full-time. Don’t know (yet) that I would do it once a year from now on, but definitely worth it. Great people, knowledgeable, on time, decent cost.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I started out using a Swiffer, but discovered the “old” version of a mop and water with Mr. Clean works for me. Maybe it’s a bit much, but I use two buckets: one for clean water, and the other to squeeze out the dirty mop.

We just had SureClean come in and clean the grout/tiles for all our tile. Boy, are they good! This is after 4 years of living here full-time. Don’t know (yet) that I would do it once a year from now on, but definitely worth it. Great people, knowledgeable, on time, decent cost.
Curious about cost and sq. Ft.
Called another compamy, $2400 for 1800 sq. Ft., thought high.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Our home has all tile flooring. This is our desire, but I am unsure of the best way to maintain and clean it.

Specifically I am asking:

1) What do you find the best damp mopping product for regular cleaning?

And,

2) Do you use a company to come in periodically to do a thorough cleaning of all the tile and grout? (If so, who do you find is a good contractor for this work?)

Any other words of wisdom about how you maintain / tips & tricks you use on your tile floors would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
We've got tiling, but we had some great advice when we were looking for the tile. We were told to buy the best we could afford and get a very neutral color with a matching grout color. We bought a quarry tile in varying shades of beige, so no two tiles are exactly the same color which basically means the dirt does not show too much.

However, because I could not find anyone to do a really good job I started to do it, I scrub it .... once a year I scrub the area that get the most wear on my hands and knees - how much longer I can do it is the question - My tile is 20" square and I scrub probably 8 tiles at a time and the next day I do 8 more etc. etc., until the floor is done. I also have a steam mop and clean the kitchen and walk area with that every few days or so, it does a passable to good job. I should add that we have room size throw rugs which really helps.

But, thanks to the other posters for the information on who they are using, there will come a time when I can no longer do the hands and knees thing!!!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-26-2019, 09:34 AM
fw102807

I have a Bissell Crosswave and think it is the very best thing since sliced bread. Total separation of clean and dirty water, easy to do and easy to clean when you are done.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:32 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

I'm in-charge of our tile.

For cleaning, I use Armstrong Tile Cleaner from Lowe's.

I do like PineSol for the smell..........can leave streaks.

I do use Swiffer Wet Jet for a quickie clean.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
We've used too. They do a great job.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'm in-charge of our tile.

For cleaning, I use Armstrong Tile Cleaner from Lowe's.

I do like PineSol for the smell..........can leave streaks.

I do use Swiffer Wet Jet for a quickie clean.

Thanks Mr. HELPFUL.

dew you air dry, or dew you towel dry the floors
Closed Thread

Tags
tile, cleaning, maintain, find, words

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.