Tile Flooring

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Gold member
Default Tile Flooring

It's a long story but I have to have tile laid over the concrete and coating on my lanai. On this visit to The Villages, I have been looking for tile. I looked at several stores the last time I was here and more on this trip. I've narrowed it down to two stores: Bowen Tile in Ocala and A.N.W. Flooring in Belleview.

Bowen recommends contractors to lay the tile and and A.N.W. does everything themselves.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these two companies
Old 12-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I do not know anything about either company, however, Dan of Tile in style did my neighbors lanai, and they were very happy with the finished product. Exact same as the project you describe. He can be reached at 610 496 7320 (cell).
Old 12-30-2015, 07:20 PM
Sage
Smile Tile

Alexander Tile did our lanai just this week and I was going to write them a review but have been busy, so now seems like the perfect time. Our lanai was not even and it was a painted cement floor so it was a challenge. James and Kristyn from Alexander Tile and Marble spent two days here laying our lanai tile and we couldn't be more pleased. It looks so beautiful. All of the neighbors have been coming over to see our beautiful enclosed lanai and have been asking who did the tile job. They gave us a very fair price and were here on time and stayed until the job was done. Thanks guys! I hope you get plenty more jobs from TOTV.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

A second vote for Alexander Tile & Marble. Fair price and excellent work.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:18 PM

Robert Hance spent 15 consecutive hard working days tiling our 2300sq ft space. Call him ...you will not be disappointed.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTile&Marble View Post
It is important to remember that these companies are going to send out a random installer whom you will know nothing about. It is important that you make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing especially since most Patios here in The Villages are not level and if someone doesn't know what they are doing a job can get messed up very easily.
With Alexander Tile you will only get my wife and I on your job. We come highly recommended here on TOTV and you can read all our reviews and recommendations at the top of the page under the contractors reviews/ratings.
I get my customers great deals on tile from floor shoppe and floormasters. You pay the lowest price and I don't make a penny off the tile.
If you are interested in would love to talk with you. Please feel free to call us at 352-753-4888
Thanks and happy new year,
James and Kristyn
James and Kristyn not only laid the tile for our entire home, they also installed our backsplash and assisted with helping us to locate the materials we needed. Very hard workers, best in The Villages.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Closed Thread

Tags
tile, bowen, flooring, stores, a.n.w, thoughts, trip, narrowed, contractors, lay, recommends, ocala, belleview, companies, concrete, coating, laid, long, story, lanai, visit, time, looked, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.