Toilet Tip

Old 05-21-2024, 01:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise Beach View Post
We had one fail at the dishwasher connection and thought we had a pump failure on the dishwasher. That same week we had one fail at a toilet so we replaced all. Our house is almost 8 years old. I always felt they were hard to turn off and in anyway so I’m glad to be rid of them.
I would have the expansion tank above your water checked to see if the pressure is correct. The wrong pressure can pop the junk valves.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Last week, I had Mike Scott Plumbing replace the plastic push-pull valves on my 2 toilets with quarter turn metal valves. The total fixed cost was $213 ($69 for each valve plus a $75 trip charge). I know that some people have replaced every plastic valve in their house, and I also know there are cheaper ways to replace the valves. But, the toilets occasionally need to be repaired with a new gasket, or a new fill valve. Now, I know that I can turn off the water to the toilets and have more confidence that I will not encounter a leaking valve that would require the water to be shut down for the entire house. To me, the peace of mind was worth the cost.
When I replaced my toilets I also replaced the push/pull valves with the same valves you have.
Now two years later neither valve
will close.
Would have been better off with the old valves.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:06 AM

This is a pretty simple DIY project and not worth paying a plumber hundreds $$$ to do. For those of you who may not feel that you have the necessary skills to do this, I suggest that you google the repair type and then look at the YouTube videos on the topic. There are hundreds of videos that will walk you step by step through virtually any kind of home repair.
Old 05-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,070 Times in 1,039 Posts

i like the Mike Scott company, i've used them a few times, & was impressed with their honesty on repairs, professional conduct and helpful attitudes.

Tags
valve, valves, toilets, turn, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.