Toll Free Conference Calling Services?

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Sage
Default Toll Free Conference Calling Services?

TOTV folks are always so resourceful. Here's a service provider I'm looking for....

I'm working on my high school reunion committee for next year. We are all pretty well dispersed and as more have retired we don't have access to as many 'business' services as before.

We'd like to conduct 2-3 conference calls a month, less than 10 participants, via a toll free phone number. Some are more computer literate than others, so we are shying away from skype or gotomeeting.com for now.

Has anyone, in their business or other endeavors enlisted a reasonably priced conference call provider? We don't want to eat up too much of our budget on phone communications. I've looked at a couple (e.g. Office Depot) and they charge around 5c per minute per participant or about $30 for a one hour call for 10 people.

Any ideas or leads???

Many thanks.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

Try www.freeconferencecall.com It has worked fine for me in business and for personal use for years.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage

Freeda... Thanks for the recommendation. I came across that site in my searching yesterday but seemed like there had to be a gotcha. Other than paying your own LD charges... I use ECG consolidator at 3c per minute, is there any other charge on your phone bill? I don't get it...how do they make money?

I'm willing to try it if it is what it says.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

No, there is no charge for the calls. I think they offer other services for which there is a charge; and perhaps (?) get advertising/affiliate income from other companies; other than that I'm not sure. But the free conference call is legit and many people with our company have used it for years. Neither the moderator nor the attendees on the call are charged anything.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Sage

Freeda...many thanks. We will give it a try. I was hoping to find someone with "ears"-on experience and you came through!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.