Please don't consider Tesla solar for anything!

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts
Default Please don't consider Tesla solar for anything!

2 more Tesla Solar customers file lawsuit over unauthorized loans - Business Insider

Elon should never be trusted with anything of yours.

He is a sociopathic narcissist of the highest order.

sportsguy
Old 12-12-2020, 04:46 PM
DAIII
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
2 more Tesla Solar customers file lawsuit over unauthorized loans - Business Insider

sportsguy
I love my TESLA system (car and home) but I never got a loan (gave SS#) or worked with Elon directly.

Best of luck
Old 12-12-2020, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:

sportsguy
I can’t figure out the big to do about the whole Tesla thing? Not for me, but the guy sure has made lots of money, I’ll give him credit for that.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I can’t figure out the big to do about the whole Tesla thing? Not for me, but the guy sure has made lots of money, I’ll give him credit for that.
Unless his space division is profitable, the auto division has never been profitable. Never!
Old 12-12-2020, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Unless his space division is profitable, the auto division has never been profitable. Never!
Ford and GM aren't doing well either, their focus is now shifting to electric and autonomous vehicles and getting out of the gas cars. Don't know any solar companies that are widely successful (lot has to do with regulation and lobbying). Not sure why the OP has a problem with Musk, he can't have money invested with him, don't believe he has invested in a competitive business but I could be wrong.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-12-2020, 11:18 PM
Sage

Not exactly. SpaceX is a separate company from Tesla. SpaceX is privately owned and Tesla is publicly traded. Tesla, which makes electric cars and solar power generation and storage equipment, has been profitable for the last 5 quarters. Albeit, they do make a fair amount of money selling carbon credits but they have been profitable for the last 5 quarters. The vast majority of their revenue comes from the sales and service of their electric cars.

Quote:

Last edited by biker1; 12-12-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Musk is a genius.
Cranky, controversial he may be, but he had an idea and went for it.
Without people and their visions like his, we would still be driving ox carts.
JMO.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:

sportsguy
Sorry sportsguy. I don't believe these complaints. First, $80k loans don't magically appear 6 years after a transaction. Secondly, disputes to a credit bureau under FCRA guidelines not adequately addressed by a creditor within 30 days must be removed from one credit report. Therefore letters can't just be "ignored".
Old 12-13-2020, 07:24 AM

Usually PPA agreements involve a third party and at the end of the agreement the consumer has the option to purchase, remove or refinance the remaining balance on the purchase. A PPA doesn’t run forever. There is a start and end, usually with a balance remaining.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

If you have read Ayn Rand, you would see Musk As a Hero of Capitalism . I salute him for leaving California. He also has created thousands of jobs and wealth for those that have believed in him
Old 12-13-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I guess some people just hate those who try to change things for the better. You are wrong about the profit. Tesla had made a profit the last five quarters:

Tesla racks up another profitable quarter with boost from regulatory credits - The Verge
Old 12-13-2020, 08:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Ford and GM aren't doing well either, their focus is now shifting to electric and autonomous vehicles and getting out of the gas cars. Don't know any solar companies that are widely successful (lot has to do with regulation and lobbying). Not sure why the OP has a problem with Musk, he can't have money invested with him, don't believe he has invested in a competitive business but I could be wrong.
GM's problem is bad business. My son-in-law ordered a new GM SUV in August. All the dealer can tell us is that it was built the 1st of Nov. The dealer still doesn't know where it is or when the suv will be delivered. I asked if they had Onstar???

Ordered my daughter a BMW X7 in mid October. She already has almost 2,000 miles. American built in SC and delivered to us at the Performance Driving School in less than 6 weeks. Followed the build on line from start to finish.

Sorry Tesla but I still need to hear the sounds of all that power in my cars. Glad they are making money and built in America.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
GM's problem is bad business. My son-in-law ordered a new GM SUV in August. All the dealer can tell us is that it was built the 1st of Nov. The dealer still doesn't know where it is or when the suv will be delivered. I asked if they had Onstar???

Ordered my daughter a BMW X7 in mid October. She already has almost 2,000 miles. American built in SC and delivered to us at the Performance Driving School in less than 6 weeks. Followed the build on line from start to finish.

Sorry Tesla but I still need to hear the sounds of all that power in my cars. Glad they are making money and built in America.
I have an Audi from Germany it’s almost 8 yrs old and 41000 miles.
Will not get electric car the country does not have charging stations and next car will be made overseas again. Ford and GM has issues
From Detroit worked into auto industry for decades
Old 12-13-2020, 10:34 AM

Never made money on cars . Only profit comes from sale of carbon credits
Old 12-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage

There are over 80,000 charging plugs in the US at over 20,000 charging stations. Plus, every home can serve as a charging station. The number of charging stations continues to ramp up as electric car sales increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
I have an Audi from Germany it’s almost 8 yrs old and 41000 miles.
Will not get electric car the country does not have charging stations and next car will be made overseas again. Ford and GM has issues
From Detroit worked into auto industry for decades
Closed Thread

Tags
order, highest, narcissist, sociopathic, trusted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.