Village Cycles - Two thumbs up

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Default Village Cycles - Two thumbs up

Just wanted to let you know that I had a great experience at Village Cycles. I purchased a new bike from them last week and the owner Mark couldn't have been more helpful. I wanted to replace the saddle and pedals and it all went very smooth. I had it down to three different bikes and ended getting the one I really wanted. I would highly recommend them for anyone in the market for a bike. Next up golf cart.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
nkrifats

Thanks, I will have to check them in July when we get there full time.
Wife wants a bike.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:41 PM

If you want a specific brand of bike tell them I went in thinking they only had Giant, Raleigh, Jamis, and Felt. I was either going to get a Raleigh or Jamis from them or a Surly Long Haul Trucker from another shop but brought up the Surly brand to them and the next thing I know I am getting sized up for the Surly and an hour later (I have the gift of gab) the bike was ordered.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Default Village Cycles

Hi Pat-RI. I heartily endorse your comments about Village Cycles. We rented from them in the past and will rent again when we come for March. Mark's Mom is also terrific - couldn't have been more accommodating. When we finally make our move to TV and need to replace/service our bikes, this will be the place! Where in RI. Brother lives in Westerly and daughter graduated from PC!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

I've had wonderful service from them as well. They worked on my older model Raleigh mountain bike, and never would do more work than what they honestely felt it needed. Then I upgraded to a new road bike; ended up getting a left over Felt bike they had in stock that was an incredible deal, cheaper than anything I could find on the internet. They custom-fit it to me, and I just love it. Very knowledgeable people, and great service.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:45 AM

Just purchased two bikes from Village Cycles. Steve could not have been more patient and informative. Needed direction, since many years since we have been on bikes. He spent as much time as needed, even for helmet choices. Definitely recommend these guys to everyone!!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

What a truly lovely thread. It is so nice to read nothing but positive comments. If I'm ever in the market for a bike again, I will definitely be going there.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Great owners and excellent staff.

I highly recommend them ... and I know a thing or 2 about bikes.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_RI View Post
Just wanted to let you know that I had a great experience at Village Cycles. I purchased a new bike from them last week and the owner Mark couldn't have been more helpful. I wanted to replace the saddle and pedals and it all went very smooth. I had it down to three different bikes and ended getting the one I really wanted. I would highly recommend them for anyone in the market for a bike. Next up golf cart.
I bought 2 bikes from a neighbor shortly after we moved here....I heartily agree ...so personable and helpful....
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM

Wildwood Cycles on 44/301 is awesome - give it a try...
Old 06-25-2014, 04:15 AM
Veteran member

Really like going to Village Cyclery,,, Mark is the best. Have known him for a long long and did I say long time. Great cast that work their.. Steve A. who works there is also on the Florida Masters Team. Great competitor and very knowledgeable on cycling.
I have always nothing but postive things things to say about them.

I recommend Mark's place to all. HIGHLY
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.