The Village Transportation. Very Disappointed

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2017, 10:12 AM

I recommend Village Airport Van Service. They provide excellent service and it is door to door. You don’t need a taxi to shuttle. Call them at 352-241-2000 or go online at info@villageairportvan.com. Great company.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:54 PM

I have used them also for the past 3 years always on Time always pleasant
Old 12-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Just booked a return trip for friend $15 for cab, and $40 for shuttle. That’s $5 more per cab and taxi since October

Last edited by asianthree; 12-12-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katss View Post
Just used Uber for the 1st time from airport to Villages as we have had great success with Uber in CA. What a treat--faster, cheaper, better, private car, friendly driver, door to door service. No more waiting an hour and a half for a big shuttle bus to fill up. Seems our flights never coordinate with shuttle service. In checking prices for return trip, it could be more expensive than the shuttle--still worth it. We schedule Uber ahead of time at home and have never been left with a "no car available" message.
How much did Uber cost from the airport to The Villages?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
How much did Uber cost from the airport to The Villages?
If you put the Uber app on your phone it will give you the cost. Right now from the southern end of the villages it is $138.31
Old 12-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
If you put the Uber app on your phone it will give you the cost. Right now from the southern end of the villages it is $138.31
Wow, that's really high. Our car service is $85, door to door.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:31 PM

We were VERY disappointed when we booked round trip,and then were told by very rude BOSS at airport we had no reservation when we arrived home from flight with wheelchair 82 yr old grandma and 7 yr old twins!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobev55 View Post
We were VERY disappointed when we booked round trip,and then were told by very rude BOSS at airport we had no reservation when we arrived home from flight with wheelchair 82 yr old grandma and 7 yr old twins!
With what service?

When The Villages owned and ran The Villages Transportation is was dependable and run well.

I am just betting they are sorry they sold the name along with the business. Just my stupid opinion.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,666 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Agree. I like the absence of numerous stops as with Villages Airport Van. It’s unfortunate the names are so similar. Some confusion seems to exist between the two companies in this thread.
Agreed. My wife recently made a reservation with Villages Van to bring us home. She thought she contracted with Villages Transportation. Fortunately, I had a copy of the confirmation email, and all went well. We could easily have been standing at the airport debating with the driver.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Our airport Uber trip TO the Villages was about $65. However, trying to schedule Uber BACK to the airport comes up at a ridiculous $155 If you position your pick up one step outside the villages (pick a place on 441 just off Buenas Aires or even any street in Spanish Springs ) the price drops back to the $65 range. Obviously The Villages has found a way to put a surcharge on Uber pickups inside the Villages. Outrageous and totally ticks me off that The Villages can't handle the heat of competition.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Our airport Uber trip TO the Villages was about $65. However, trying to schedule Uber BACK to the airport comes up at a ridiculous $155 If you position your pick up one step outside the villages (pick a place on 441 just off Buenas Aires or even any street in Spanish Springs ) the price drops back to the $65 range. Obviously The Villages has found a way to put a surcharge on Uber pickups inside the Villages. Outrageous and totally ticks me off that The Villages can't handle the heat of competition.
Do you have a credible support for this outrageous claim?

First of all, The Village Inc, The Morse corporation, sold the Village Transportation to another company several years ago. It appears to be the Morses business plan to establish the needed businesses to support the Villages and then to sell them as they have done with several restaurants and the Village Entertainment and the Newspaper. They are not dummies and they seem to have tried to get buyers who would run them to their standards but so far have not. They really did a great job running the Villages Transportation and I don't think the owners now even come close.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Why are you blaming The Villages , when you have an Uber problem?
Old 12-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Do you have a credible support for this outrageous claim?

First of all, The Village Inc, The Morse corporation, sold the Village Transportation to another company several years ago. It appears to be the Morses business plan to establish the needed businesses to support the Villages and then to sell them as they have done with several restaurants and the Village Entertainment and the Newspaper. They are not dummies and they seem to have tried to get buyers who would run them to their standards but so far have not. They really did a great job running the Villages Transportation and I don't think the owners now even come close.
Cost from airport is low because there are numerous Uber rides available. The driver does not know where you are going till pickup. Ride back from TV to airport is more due to the lack of Uber drivers in TV. There maybe be a Uber driver within few miles radius of SS so it would be less, again driver has no way of knowing where you are going till you hop in the car. Developers have no control over Uber drivers, they are independent contractors.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Cost from airport is low because there are numerous Uber rides available. The driver does not know where you are going till pickup. Ride back from TV to airport is more due to the lack of Uber drivers in TV. There maybe be a Uber driver within few miles radius of SS so it would be less, again driver has no way of knowing where you are going till you hop in the car. Developers have no control over Uber drivers, they are independent contractors.
Taken Uber many times outside The Villages. The driver knows your destination and how much the charge is. The app tells you who the driver is, what kind of car, and how much the charge. Also updates you on the time the driver will be at your pick up destination.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Knew people who were staying at the Waterfront. They went to City Fire for a while, and when they found out it closed st 11 they tried Uber to get them to Margarita Republic.. They said the driver informed them that The Villages would not let him take the fare. Could just be the driver's call or there is some control over Uber here.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
driver, taxi, arrived, shuttle, lsl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.