Wood floor

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2021, 10:00 AM
Default Wood floor

I am looking for someone to sand my wood floors and refinish. I haven't had any luck finding someone.

If anyone knows of someone please let me knowll

Thanks
Old 10-22-2021, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

OP, you need to be sure these are real wood floors (aka SOLID wood), I am guessing the reason you cannot find anyone is they are guessing you have a floating or engineered floor which typically cannot be sanded and refinished. If you have real wood, then I would just start calling all of the flooring companies to see if they offer this service. If it turns out you have an engineering type floor, I would plan on replacing it.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

I had real hardwood floors in Virginia that were prefinished. Getting them sanded and refinished was very messy and expensive, and the finished product was nowhere close to the original prefinished appearance. One problem that I had was that dust particles settled on the floor while it was drying and created a surface with "dust nibs". I would try to avoid having someone refinish the floor. It would be much better to replace the wood with laminate or pre-engineered wood planks. Real hardwood floors are a rarity in The Villages, and I have not seen anyone advertising to refinish them.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:41 AM

I’ve done it multiple times because we own rental properties. There should be companies around that offer that service. You need to be prepared to leave for at least one week, however. Fumes, no walking on floors, and to eliminate dust. If I had to do it again I would cover them with luxury vinyl. Easy to install and replace damaged sections.

Tags
wood, knowll, finding, luck, floor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.