Warning: All Seasons Rooms

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Beats me but apparently you signed an affidavid to that affect agree it was a cat 2. Do you have a copy>?
Yes, we do have a copy of that but it doesn’t say anything about being subject to water leaks. He may have mentioned it but we know lots of people here with enclosed rooms that have no issue so didn’t give it much thought. The important point here, I think, is that it leaks in the exact same spot every time. This is a clear indication of an installation issue. If the leaks were in random places, I would tend to think the Cat 2 issue was applicable. The owner has never once come out himself to look at the problem. It was a $20,000 investment for us and we had hoped it could be resolved but he obviously does not stand behind his work. Blaming it on the Cat 2 issue is a cop out.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Whoa

no matter how flat the pancake is, there's always two sides to it....

I've done business with this company. The owner is an honest businessman. He enclosed my lanai and also did work for two of my cousins in TV. He and is crews are professional, they show up on time, they clean up and do quality work for a fair price.

Something doesn't add up...I suspect that there's a few missing pieces to this story

Here's my follow-up experience with All Season Rooms. We had All Season Rooms enclose our lanai 5 years ago...last year during a heavy rain we had a leak

I called Chip (the owner) and he said that he had two fellows that would be in my area in a couple of days and he'd send them over.

Two days later his crew showed up at 6pm... the caulking had dried out in two areas....they re-caulked everything and we're fine

I wonder if the OP gave the owner a load of BS ???
As I mentioned to you in a private message, having a leak after two years which was due to dried up caulk is completely different than a spot that has leaked from day 1 and persisted for 2 years in spite of numerous attempts to fix it.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
Yes, we do have a copy of that but it doesn’t say anything about being subject to water leaks. He may have mentioned it but we know lots of people here with enclosed rooms that have no issue so didn’t give it much thought. The important point here, I think, is that it leaks in the exact same spot every time. This is a clear indication of an installation issue. If the leaks were in random places, I would tend to think the Cat 2 issue was applicable. The owner has never once come out himself to look at the problem. It was a $20,000 investment for us and we had hoped it could be resolved but he obviously does not stand behind his work. Blaming it on the Cat 2 issue is a cop out.
Is there a spec for category 2?
Old 04-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Is there a spec for category 2?
Florida building code definition:

"Category II: A roof or a covering of an outdoor space with enclosed walls. The openings are permitted to be enclosed with translucent or transparent plastic or glass. The space is defined as nonhabitable and unconditioned."

Category 2 sunrooms are usually built with acrylic windows. This is the most common type of sunroom as going up to the next category is usual a substantial jump in $$$. Acrylic windows are a plexi-glass like material however they look just like glass to the untrained eye . Acrylic windows intended to be removed during hurricane force winds and are not totally water tight. They keep out 99.9% of water but some drips can still get through.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post

"Category II: A roof or a covering of an outdoor space with enclosed walls. The openings are permitted to be enclosed with translucent or transparent plastic or glass. The space is defined as nonhabitable and unconditioned."

Category 2 sunrooms are usually built with acrylic windows. This is the most common type of sunroom as going up to the next category is usual a substantial jump in $$$. Acrylic windows are a plexi-glass like material however they look just like glass to the untrained eye . Acrylic windows intended to be removed during hurricane force winds and are not totally water tight. They keep out 99.9% of water but some drips can still get through.
Very interesting, puts a new spin on this
Old 04-21-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post

Thanks for that clarification. As I said previously, ours are double paned glass. He can call it Cat 2 all day long but it’s his definition not the FL building code.
Closed Thread

Tags
owner, time, water, mopping, warning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.