Warning: All Seasons Rooms

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2022, 07:02 PM
Default Warning: All Seasons Rooms

We have tried numerous times over the last 3 years to get this company to fix a leak in our enclosed lanai. The owner has sent several people out to try and solve the problem but we are still mopping up water every time we have a hard rain. The last time we communicated with the owner he did not even reply. Buyer beware.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
We have tried numerous times over the last 3 years to get this company to fix a leak in our enclosed lanai. The owner has sent several people out to try and solve the problem but we are still mopping up water every time we have a hard rain. The last time we communicated with the owner he did not even reply. Buyer beware.
Have you contacted BBB?
Old 04-03-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Have you contacted BBB?
Yes we have.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes we have.
and what happened?
Old 04-03-2022, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Seniors vs. crime?
Old 04-03-2022, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Whoa

no matter how flat the pancake is, there's always two sides to it....

I've done business with this company. The owner is an honest businessman. He enclosed my lanai and also did work for two of my cousins in TV. He and is crews are professional, they show up on time, they clean up and do quality work for a fair price.

Something doesn't add up...I suspect that there's a few missing pieces to this story

Here's my follow-up experience with All Season Rooms. We had All Season Rooms enclose our lanai 5 years ago...last year during a heavy rain we had a leak

I called Chip (the owner) and he said that he had two fellows that would be in my area in a couple of days and he'd send them over.

Two days later his crew showed up at 6pm... the caulking had dried out in two areas....they re-caulked everything and we're fine

I wonder if the OP gave the owner a load of BS ???

Last edited by davem4616; 04-03-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Find the leaky spots and apply good quality caulk.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Whoa

I've down business with this company. The owner is an honest businessman. He enclosed my lanai and also did work for two of my cousins in TV. He and is crews are professional, they show up on time, they clean up and do quality work for a fair price.

Something doesn't add up...I suspect that there's a few missing pieces to this story

Here's my follow-up experience with All Season Rooms. We had All Season Rooms enclose our lanai 5 years ago...last year during a heavy rain we had a leak

I called Chip (the owner) and he said that he had two fellows that would be in my area in a couple of days and he'd send them over.

Two days later his crew showed up at 6pm... the caulking had dried out in two areas....they re-caulked everything and we're fine

Your right there is more to the story such as a second side.
Old 04-19-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Whoa

I've done business with this company. The owner is an honest businessman. He enclosed my lanai and also did work for two of my cousins in TV. He and is crews are professional, they show up on time, they clean up and do quality work for a fair price.

I’m glad you had a good experience with them. We found Chip to be a personable and professional person, thus the reason we selected him to do our enclosure. He has sent numerous crews over to try and fix the problem but it has become apparent that a little more caulking here and there is not the answer. It ALWAYS leaks in the same spot when we have rain in that direction so we know where the problem is but he has given up trying to solve it. He’s saying he told us it was a Cat 2 room and not guaranteed to be water tight but the fact that it is only in one spot is an indication that there is probably an installation problem. We reported him to the BBB and will take no further action at this time. We will need to find another contractor to fix the issue, I’m sure at considerable cost. One of his big selling points is that he guarantees all of his work. Unfortunately for us, he didn’t.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
and what happened?
This appears to be the contractor's response to BBB regarding the OP's review (not complaint) as posted on BBB.com:

All Season Rooms Response

04/06/2022

Mr. & Mrs. ******, We were just out at your residence on February 28, 2022, to address all issues you were having. When we contracted back in October 2019, we went over the various categories of sunrooms available. You chose to go with a category 2 sunroom, knowing that the sunroom was not water resistant, and signed an affidavit to that effect, required by Sumter County. We have always come out and serviced your lanai enclosure as soon as we could. Please note we did have a phone number change in November 2021. Our new phone number was changed to 352-322-1192 & of course you do have a direct cell number to Chip. We take pride in servicing our customers; however, we cannot take responsibility for leaks on a CAT II sunroom, but we will always try to service you as best we can around our current installs.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

Note that there are 5 categories of sunrooms. CAT 1 is a screened in room, CAT 2 is usually an acrylic panel room that is not guaranteed against water penetration, and CAT 3 is a glass room that is designed to resist water penetration.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This appears to be the contractor's response to BBB regarding the OP's review (not complaint) as posted on BBB.com:

All Season Rooms Response

04/06/2022

Mr. & Mrs. ******, We were just out at your residence on February 28, 2022, to address all issues you were having. When we contracted back in October 2019, we went over the various categories of sunrooms available. You chose to go with a category 2 sunroom, knowing that the sunroom was not water resistant, and signed an affidavit to that effect, required by Sumter County. We have always come out and serviced your lanai enclosure as soon as we could. Please note we did have a phone number change in November 2021. Our new phone number was changed to 352-322-1192 & of course you do have a direct cell number to Chip. We take pride in servicing our customers; however, we cannot take responsibility for leaks on a CAT II sunroom, but we will always try to service you as best we can around our current installs.
Very interesting. There are two sides to every story. Thanks for posting
Old 04-19-2022, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

A thought just occured to me. Years ago we had work done on our home. When heavy rains came we had a leak that no amount of caulk/sealant could fix. Turns out that the work had opened a tiny seam allowed water to travel from the roof, down the inside of the wall. The caulk around the window was keeping the water in the wall. The source of the problem was nowhere near where the trouble appeared.
Good luck. Hope you get it fixed.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:54 PM

We have double paned glass, not acrylic panels so I’m not sure what qualifies us as a Cat 2

Last edited by dsnrbec; 04-21-2022 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
We have double paned glass, not acrylic panels so I’m not sure what qualifies us as a Cat 2
Beats me but apparently you signed an affidavid to that affect agree it was a cat 2. Do you have a copy>?
Closed Thread

Tags
owner, time, water, mopping, warning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.