WARNING...avoid Abbey Flooring, LLC, for deceptive & fraudlent practices!

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2023, 01:49 PM
Thumbs down WARNING...avoid Abbey Flooring, LLC, for deceptive & fraudlent practices!

I paid Abbey Flooring, LLC, Summerfield, (Owner Charles Abisalih) $3,000 for a floor job and after numerous delays and false claims I called a competitor and when he learned that, he called me and ranted with repeated "F--- You" comments to me. When I asked him if that was the way a businessman talks to his customer he repeated "F--- You" and hung up. When I asked for either my money back or my flooring he demanded an additional $1,575.20 to have my flooring delivered. Note that I can buy this flooring retail for $2,200 and he likely bought it for $1,500 or less as a commercial flooring company. Mr. Abisalih has also run an illegal golf cart rental business for several years at his home at 834 Journey Lane, TV, in violation of TV restrictions and Sumter County Code Enforcement. He has avoided any penalties or fines by manipulating the system with total impunity. Forewarned is forearmed!
Old 05-11-2023, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,888 Times in 5,317 Posts

Sorry it happened. But, never pay a contractor money in advance. If you used a credit card, dispute the charge with your bank. If you didn't, you are most likely wasting your time dealing with the contractor. I would not pay him any more money. The same story has been repeated about other contractors over and over and over on this website.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcruise6 View Post
I paid Abbey Flooring, LLC, Summerfield, (Owner Charles Abisalih) $3,000 for a floor job and after numerous delays and false claims I called a competitor and when he learned that, he called me and ranted with repeated "F--- You" comments to me. When I asked him if that was the way a businessman talks to his customer he repeated "F--- You" and hung up. When I asked for either my money back or my flooring he demanded an additional $1,575.20 to have my flooring delivered. Note that I can buy this flooring retail for $2,200 and he likely bought it for $1,500 or less as a commercial flooring company. Mr. Abisalih has also run an illegal golf cart rental business for several years at his home at 834 Journey Lane, TV, in violation of TV restrictions and Sumter County Code Enforcement. He has avoided any penalties or fines by manipulating the system with total impunity. Forewarned is forearmed!
I am very sorry for your experience. That really sucks. And I would think long and hard before I dealt with them.

I think your post was informative, but I have an issue with the title "avoid Abby Flooring...." which is very similar to someone else's post today "avoid xxx" Just like many of the complaints on here, I think you can expect push back from many people. They will analyze how many posts have you made vs how many complaints etc. I try to defend the people who post them, because I appreciate their sharing their experiences, which I can benefit from, just as much as anyone who replies with their positive experience there. I think if you title it "horrible experience with..." instead of directing people to avoid them, you are likely to receive fewer attacks.

Just my 2 cents (at most)
Old 05-11-2023, 11:02 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,773 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
I am very sorry for your experience. That really sucks. And I would think long and hard before I dealt with them.

I think your post was informative, but I have an issue with the title "avoid Abby Flooring...." which is very similar to someone else's post today "avoid xxx" Just like many of the complaints on here, I think you can expect push back from many people. They will analyze how many posts have you made vs how many complaints etc. I try to defend the people who post them, because I appreciate their sharing their experiences, which I can benefit from, just as much as anyone who replies with their positive experience there. I think if you title it "horrible experience with..." instead of directing people to avoid them, you are likely to receive fewer attacks.

Just my 2 cents (at most)
Totally agree with your suggestion of "softening" the title due to the vicious way "some" people will attack others over such things. Although they have no legal power, I hope the person who had this experience will take a few minutes to go to the Sheriff's annex and allow the Seniors vrs. Crime people take a full report of this. Also, when we had a similar incident with City furniture (taking money and never even ordering the furniture), Seniors vrs. Crime office also guided us in how to report to the Florida Attorney General's consumer crime department. It did take TWO YEARS, but.... we finally were made whole by City Furniture due to going through the state. It's worth it, but you have to have patience, that state office has a TON of attorneys working 24/7 due to all the this very type of thing that goes on in Florida. We also had the "idea" to never put down $$$ but...quickly found you can get very little done unless you do. In the case of city f. they will not order anything unless you pay for it "up front".
Old 05-12-2023, 02:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,888 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Totally agree with your suggestion of "softening" the title due to the vicious way "some" people will attack others over such things. Although they have no legal power, I hope the person who had this experience will take a few minutes to go to the Sheriff's annex and allow the Seniors vrs. Crime people take a full report of this. Also, when we had a similar incident with City furniture (taking money and never even ordering the furniture), Seniors vrs. Crime office also guided us in how to report to the Florida Attorney General's consumer crime department. It did take TWO YEARS, but.... we finally were made whole by City Furniture due to going through the state. It's worth it, but you have to have patience, that state office has a TON of attorneys working 24/7 due to all the this very type of thing that goes on in Florida. We also had the "idea" to never put down $$$ but...quickly found you can get very little done unless you do. In the case of city f. they will not order anything unless you pay for it "up front".
I think if you order furniture from City Furniture, you can use a credit card. Then, you have 60 days from the credit card statement date to dispute the charge with your bank. That is Federal law. Paying a contractor for a special order works the same way, but some contractors will not accept a credit card. In that case, I would find another contractor. Legitimate businesses should accept credit card payments.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 05-12-2023 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:28 AM

Complete misinformation!
Tom signed a contract for a complete flooring job! He then tried to scam Chuck Abbey and his business. When he got caught he tried to cancel the job which had special order materials. He refused to pay in full for the materials. In continuing his scam he hit multiple social media sites in an attempt to smear Mr Abbey and his business. Apparently this is at least the 5th business that Tom Cruise has tried to smear in social media. Kudos to Mr Abbey for not letting a repeat offender cheat him and his business by blatantly lying on social media, with the intent of getting something for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcruise6 View Post
Old 06-12-2023, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,731 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont4-150 View Post
Complete misinformation!
Tom signed a contract for a complete flooring job! He then tried to scam Chuck Abbey and his business. When he got caught he tried to cancel the job which had special order materials. He refused to pay in full for the materials. In continuing his scam he hit multiple social media sites in an attempt to smear Mr Abbey and his business. Apparently this is at least the 5th business that Tom Cruise has tried to smear in social media. Kudos to Mr Abbey for not letting a repeat offender cheat him and his business by blatantly lying on social media, with the intent of getting something for nothing.
We've (recently) seen a couple of these types of claims made here in TOTV together with a refutation of the claim by either the business or (in this case, apparently) by someone familiar with both the business and the person who made the complaint. It is a good reminder that every coin has two sides.

Legitimate concerns aired on this site should be welcome, but if ax-grinding becomes an issue, it sort of negates the value of the "information" being presented, to say nothing of the fact that false or exaggerated claims made against a business impacts the livelihood not only of the business owner but also his/her family and anyone who may work for them. Libel is a crime in Florida as in most other states: Fla. Stat. § 836.01 addresses the particulars as well as the penalties, and I am pretty sure that if someone knowingly defames a business by making false statements about it, they can be held legally responsible even if the statement is made on a website.
Closed Thread

Tags
flooring, f---, asked, called, repeated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.