Water Softener...

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Been here ten years and never had a water softener in either of the two houses we owned. I've decided to get one installed. A few years back there was a guy who was mentioned on here who I believe lived in TV and installed them for around $500. Sure it is more now but I need some advice on the best. Not interested in spending thousands of dollars just want a softener. Thanks in advance.
Fleck is the best, by far, and used by professionals in New England. You can get a whole system retail at Walmart for about $700. Installation is simple requiring only basic diy plumbing skills if you want to install a bypass for convenience. It includes a resin tank, the resin, a regeneration valve and a tank to hold salt.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:34 PM
Default Ron

Do not waste your money. Had a small cheap one like you are talking about when we bought our house. It failed a few months later and we took it out. Personally I think the
Villages water at least on the north end is better than soft water. Less mineral deposits on showers and toilets than with softener and no salt deposits. A little chlorine taste and oder but you will have that with water softener unless you get a special filter. Less body itch and no difference on laundry. Bought a chlorine filter for refrigerator on Amazon for drinking water that takes 100% of chlorine taste and oder out. Much better water without water softener!
Old 12-15-2021, 04:04 PM

Culligan
Closed Thread

Tags
softener, water, installed, years, $500

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.