Who has used PODS

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 AM

If you have more stuff than a POD holds you can consider what we used which was ABF Trucking. They deliver a trailer to your home, 9' high, 8' wide and 27' long. Then we hired local movers to load it. Then ABF picks it up and delivers it to your location at your direction. We then hired another local mover to unload it. Cost was actually better than PODs. Let me know if you want any more details.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Platinum member

We also used ABF Trucking in Sept. 2010. We loaded it with the help of family members and used 20' of the 28'. Set up the partition with the lock. They used the 8' with freight that was coming to FL anyway. We unloaded here with the help of a Villages Charter High School kid who has his own business here helping people move in & out. We had 3 days to load, held here 2 days in storage til we got here from MA and had 3 days to unload but these kids unloaded it in 3 hours. They were neat and careful with our things and very professional. Young man's name is Troy 352-874-8958. I've recommended him to several neighbors moving in and all have been impressed. ABF was by far the least expensive and the more flexible company to deal with.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Default Raynan, your post was very timely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
We also used ABF Trucking in Sept. 2010. We loaded it with the help of family members and used 20' of the 28'. Set up the partition with the lock. They used the 8' with freight that was coming to FL anyway. We unloaded here with the help of a Villages Charter High School kid who has his own business here helping people move in & out. We had 3 days to load, held here 2 days in storage til we got here from MA and had 3 days to unload but these kids unloaded it in 3 hours. They were neat and careful with our things and very professional. Young man's name is Troy 352-874-8958. I've recommended him to several neighbors moving in and all have been impressed. ABF was by far the least expensive and the more flexible company to deal with.
We just got a call earlier that the help we were counting to unload the POD was not going to be able to come over on Sunday. I was going to post on here to see if someone knew who I could call at such a late date and there was your post. I gave Troy a call and he is going to be there on Sunday morning to help us.

I am so glad this forum is here with all the wonderful folks on it!

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Default Troy was a NO-Show!

I had contact Troy and he had agreed to come over to assist us in unloading our POD on Sunday 12/26. However he NEVER showed up NOR did he call to say he wouldn't make it! As of tonight we have still not heard back from him!

Jim and I unloaded the POD ourselves into the garage by about 1:30 or 2. We still were hoping that Troy got the time mixed up and would help get the stuff into the house. No dice. We slowly got everything into the house and in place. The POD was picked up this morning, so we don't have to worry about being in violation of deed restrictions.

The only item that I couldn't help with was the dining room table glass-top. That was WAY TOO HEAVY! But when the "cable guy" came by to get our cable installed today, he helped Jim lift it up onto the table.

I don't know what happened, but we surely CANNOT recommend him.

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.