Window treatments

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Default Window treatments

We are looking for someone who can help,design manufacture and install decorative window treatment,valance/curtains for our new home.Any recommendations would be appreciated.Thanks
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am sure that you know that custom window treatments are very expensive and what with our common HUGE sliders we really have a big expanse to cover.

I found really nice drapes at JC Penneys in Ocala and I have a wonderful husband who hung them on the nice rods we found there too.

If you should consider that type of window covering a great person who calls himself "The Village Hangman" can put up the rods and drapes.

Just an idea.

Friends paid over 5k for their window treatments that are custom.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Default Very Good, But Seriously Expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake5798 View Post
We are looking for someone who can help,design manufacture and install decorative window treatment,valance/curtains for our new home.Any recommendations would be appreciated.Thanks
I recommend Decorating Den in Leesburg. Ms. Brown came to the house and we went through lots of fabric samples, etc. First class job. We had custom cornice with side panel drapes made for the living room sliders and cornices for the cafe area slider and 2 windows plus tab top drapes with covered buttons for 4 windows in our master bedroom. Took about 6 weeks for the order to be delivered. 2 guys came and installed the window treatments and steam pressed the drapes onsite. I knew going in that this was very expensive solution to buying ready made. I spent weeks checking all the usual places for ready made and just could not find what I wanted that fit our windows. I even checked into making my own cornices and sewing the drapes myself. Quickly decided I did not want all that work and then have skirmishes with my hubby over hanging them. Like I said, very expensive but very good as well. Our project was $7,900 with discount. Please keep in mind that fabric choice, accent features such as covered buttons, tab tops and box pleats all add extra to the price. I am sure we could have gotten by a bit cheaper with simpler window treatments. But this is my forever dream home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.