Whole House Water Softener

Old 03-23-2024, 05:24 AM
Default Whole House Water Softener

Anyone know a company that will repair Kinetico systems?

Any company BUT Kinetico by Central Florida Water Systems in Leesburg. They came out and messed with our system, said couldn't fix it because it was too old. It now leaks water in the garage and I have been tried for a week to get someone out to fix it and can't get any response from them!
Old 03-23-2024, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post

Any company BUT Kinetico by Central Florida Water Systems in Leesburg. They came out and messed with our system, said couldn't fix it because it was too old. It now leaks water in the garage and I have been tried for a week to get someone out to fix it and can't get any response from them!
Sometimes the expert are right.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:48 AM

just buy new
Old 03-23-2024, 09:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Kinetico makes their own products, they are propritary (sp). You have to use a Kinetico dealer to get parts. You're stuck with the dealer network
Old 03-23-2024, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:

If you paid by credit card, you may have the option to complain to the CC company which may get the attention of Kinetico.
Since you say it is leaking, this may be a connection that needs to be tightened, the worst case would be the resin tank is leaking which as I understand it is unrepairable. You did not state the age of the unit, if over 10 years old, I agree with getting a replacement.
Your other option will be to search this site as there are several plumbers that get good reviews and have one of them look over the unit to see if it can be fixed.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:

Is it valved so that you can bypass the softener and stop the leak?
Old 03-24-2024, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Kinetico makes their own products, they are propritary (sp). You have to use a Kinetico dealer to get parts. You're stuck with the dealer network
Thanks for your answer.

To "Simplesimonsays" it wasn't that I necessarily just wanted to have this system repaired but I need to have the water leak stopped and I have been trying to reach Kinetico for a week with no return phone call!
Old 03-24-2024, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

A water softener should have valves that allow you to bypass the system. If your system doesn't, I would suggest that you hire a plumber or someone else to install the valves. It doesn't need to be a water softener technician.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:44 AM

I am looking at their models online. They all have bypass valves. Should be a 90 degrees turn and the leak will stop while maintaining service to your home (of unsoftened water).

I live in Sabal Chase. I removed mine and cannot tell the difference. I am thinking about a Nova whole house filter, but do not see the need for a softener.

For a definitive answer, Home Depot, Lowe's, and Amazon sell hard water test kits for about $10.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the information "retiredguty", I will check that out.

Tags
water, fix, kinetico, systems, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.