Conversation Between Schaumburger and mar/bob

Conversation Between Schaumburger and mar/bob
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 36
  1. mar/bob
    06-22-2013 02:34 PM
    mar/bob
    Hi Laura,
    Thx so much for your help in doing a new post. It was so easy.
    I hope you can read it. I am sure you lost a pet aalso.
    Once we sell and get to TV you are welcome to stay anytime.
    You seem to be a really nice lady.
    Please keep in touch.
    Love,
    Mary Ann
  2. Schaumburger
    06-22-2013 03:41 AM
    Schaumburger
    Mary Ann, Forgot to say, when you press the button say that says "Post Thread" a box will pop up for the title of the thread, and other box for the text of your thread. Once you get done with typing your post, scroll down until you see the button "Submit New Thread" or "Preview Post" (if you want to preview your post first for typos. Then hit "Submit New Thread" button. If you want to add or correct a typo, press the "Edit" button to correct or add something. Hope that helps. Have a nice weekend.
  3. Schaumburger
    06-22-2013 03:35 AM
    Schaumburger
    Mary Ann, Go to the section of TOTV that you want to post in, for example, The Villages General Discussion. Find the button towards the left of the screen that says "Post Thread" or "Start Thread." That should do it. Good luck selling your house! Hope you will be a frog soon. I am thinking about buying a house in TV next year and renting it out during snowbird season or most of the year, but I have a lot of number crunching to do to see if that would work for me. It's hard to look for a home in TV when you can only come down for a week or two at at time. I know a few people on TOTV have bought preowned homes by just seeing them on the internet; I am not sure I could go that route.
  4. mar/bob
    06-21-2013 03:10 PM
    mar/bob
    Hi Laura,
    I was wondering if you could tell me how I make a new post. I have been looking
    around and sure don't remember how I did the 1st one.
    We are finally listed and people are looking. Hope for the best.
    Mary Ann
  5. Schaumburger
    06-09-2013 12:21 AM
    Schaumburger
    Mary Ann, Sorry for not replying to your e-mail. I adopted a new cat on June 1; I have not been on TOTV for the past 8 days. TV was great as usual. I think prices are going up somewhat for preowned -- I have seen more than one preowned patio villa with a sales price of over $160K. Whether or not the seller gets their asking price is another thing. I went to an open house for a new patio villa in the Village of Hillsborough that was only about 1.5 miles from Brownwood. $144K plus $12K bond. I'm thinking about buying preowned maybe next year and renting the house out year round for a couple of years, but I would have to run a lot of numbers first to see if this would work for me. It would make me somewhat nervous to be a long distance landlord, although I know a lot of people in TV do this. I'm hoping to go back to TV in the fall for a week. I might do a LSV if I go back in the fall as I have actually not done one of those, just always rented someone's house for a week.

Laura
  6. mar/bob
    05-29-2013 07:27 PM
    mar/bob
    Hi Laura,
    How was the trip to TV? Had to get another Realtor so it is going up 6-5.
    Are prices much higher?

Mary Ann
  7. Schaumburger
    04-07-2013 06:50 PM
    Schaumburger
    Hi Mary Ann and Bob,

Hope your house sells soon and you can be frogs by Labor Day. I will be in TV from May 16 to May 26, renting in Del Mar, a few blocks south of Spanish Springs. I really like that area even though there is no new construction in that area, but I like the mature landscaping. June of last year when I rented in Mira Mesa the Spanish Springs town square was under remodeling, so there was no dancing at SS last June. Sure am looking forward to going back to visit TV. Wish it was for good. Take care.
    Laura
  8. mar/bob
    04-07-2013 12:37 PM
    mar/bob
    Hi Laura,
    Saw your msg on TV and that you are going to TV next month. Wish I was also.
    These increases are not doing us any good as it does not go up here in PA.
    We will be in TV in Aug to buy something if all goes as planned here.
    I sure will be upset if this does not sell.
    Have a great time at TV

Mary Ann & Bob
  9. Schaumburger
    03-24-2013 04:05 PM
    Schaumburger
    Hi Mary Ann and Bob,

I have not been on TOTV too much in the past few weeks -- too much going on after work between my volunteering as an English as a Second Language tutor and a couple of long choir rehearsals as my church choir gets ready for Holy Week and Easter. I hope you will be able to find an affordable house in The Villages. It will be quite a while before I will be able to buy anything in TV as I still have a few years left on my mortgage on my townhouse here in Chicago. TV will probably be built out or close to being built out before I can buy anything, so more than likely I will have to buy a resale, but that's OK.
    Take care.
    Laura A/K/A Schaumburger.
  10. mar/bob
    03-24-2013 08:56 AM
    mar/bob
    Hi Laura,
    Have you noticed the increases at TV? We no longer can buy the Gardenia or the Iris.
    I think they went to high and my salesman said going again mid summer.
    I wish I could find an Iris resale.
    How long till you can move to TV?
    Our home is only worth $150,000 so we are not rich enough for $250,000.
    I have become a little depressed with this.

Have not seen you on TOTV to much.

Mary Ann & Bob
You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.