Conversation Between stuckinparadise and 66vetter

Conversation Between stuckinparadise and 66vetter
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 17
  1. stuckinparadise
    06-24-2013 12:41 PM
    stuckinparadise
    Hi Frank,
    We should be in town by this Friday (hopefully Thursday night). We are so excited about finally be permanent Villagers! Hopefully, we'll see you this weekend. Cable is coming over on Saturday and our golf cart should be ready for pickup that same day.
  2. 66vetter
    06-23-2013 06:26 AM
    66vetter
    Don and Heidi,
    Well unless you have renewed your employment
    you will be in The Villages in less than a week.
    Hope all is going as planned. If I can be of
    assistance let me know.

Jan Toombs is still in Scotland but will be home
    On July 2 I believe. The Carews will be here
    for a week July 8th (across the street from you)
    Karen and I will organize something for you to meet
    some neighbors
    Be careful driving down

Frank
  3. stuckinparadise
    02-22-2013 12:02 PM
    stuckinparadise
    We will be back on March 9 -10 for a short visit. We talked with Scott from Tri-county landscaping (he did the work). He said the palm looks pretty bad but will check it in about a week. He said if it doesn't improve, they will replace it (it's under warranty). We plan to put palm food on the one in the front when we get there in March. It may be a little orangey colored but it is quite healthy. We had a wonderful time in Costa Rica. I'm going to try to post some pictures.
    Have a great day!
    Heidi
  4. 66vetter
    02-21-2013 05:06 PM
    66vetter
    Don and Heidi,
    Next time your inThe Villages we will have to have a drink together or something. Missed you again this time. Too chilly to be out?
    What did you think of your new palm? Is it okay

Hope you had a good time in Costa Rica
    Frank
  5. stuckinparadise
    01-22-2013 07:23 AM
    stuckinparadise
    Good Morning Frank,
    Sorry we missed you over the weekend. The landscaper finished our back yard and re-routed the sprinkler system (yet again) and I think we now have everything under control. How are you guys doing? Hopefully we will see you two on our next visit. We will be done there on Feb. 8 and are flying out to Costa Rica on the 9th. We will return on Friday, Feb., 15 and will be at the Villages until Monday, Feb. 18th. Have a great day!
  6. 66vetter
    12-04-2012 04:33 PM
    66vetter
    Heidi,
    They are called " Pocket Gophers". They are vegetatarian. Al is working to investigate how to get rid of them. He heard vinegar water. Look them up on internet. Cute little fellers!
    I will be with Al tomorrow and will see if he has anything figured out.

Frank
  7. stuckinparadise
    12-03-2012 02:42 PM
    stuckinparadise
    Hi Frank,
    I hope everything is well with you. How is your wife's father? Please tell her our thoughts are with her.
    I do have a question for you. Do you have any idea how to get rid of gophers? We noticed giant mounds in Al's yard when we were at our home during Thanksgiving. Our friend's said they went by on Saturday and saw several mounds in our yard. Don called our exterminator but they don't do anything about moles or gophers. If you have any suggestions, please let us know. The pest control man we use said you could put pinwheels in your yard and that chases them out. Sounds like a joke but we are willing to try anything to prevent our lawn from being torn up. Thanks in advance.

Heidi
  8. 66vetter
    11-27-2012 05:03 PM
    66vetter
    Heidi,
    I wish I had seen you this weekend. We too were busy with kids. Had to go to the beach (it was freezing) to Disney etc. I went over there after your email today but the main purple meter was floode with water and I could not see if it was on or not.
    I thoughtso done was at you house Monday as there was a car in your drive. I thought you guys were still there?
    I did notice the port a potty is in your drive instead of on the lawn where it was. Did Don need quicker access?

We may begone in Dec from 16 -27. Karen's dad is not well and even though we had not planned on it we may be going back to Indiana.
    Let me know if I or Al can assist in any way

Frank
  9. stuckinparadise
    11-26-2012 09:55 AM
    stuckinparadise
    Hello Frank, Sorry we missed you during our stay over Thanksgiving. I hope you had a wonderful holiday! We will be back down again for Christmas (21 - 25) so we hope to see you then. The pool should be finished in about 2 to 3 weeks! It's really looking good. Don has to call them about the irrigation system. We tried to run it on Sunday and system 1 is messed up. It isn't getting any pressure for some reason. I'm sure they will get it all figured out. Again, thanks for you help and we hope to see you soon.
  10. 66vetter
    11-13-2012 12:58 PM
    66vetter
    Don and Heidi,
    I will check meter today to see usage sine last reading. Yes T&D did fix the line. Al turned the main back on for them. Hopefully all is well.
    Alot of activity going on over there the last couple days.
    Frank
You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.