I need a rapid PCR COVID test...not the kind that cvs or walgreen's does

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2021, 07:08 AM
Default Cvs

The CVS on 466 does the test that you need and they have appointments available as early as tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:17 AM

Go to the Discount Pharmacy on SR 44-- between Brownwood and 301, on the north side of SR44. It's in Freedom Plaza. The Rapid Antigen Test takes about 5 minutes. It costs $8.10 with Insurance (Medicare, Part D). Other Insurances cover this too. The Cruise Lines accept this.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:36 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
So, if you can present evidence that you've received vaccination against COVID, must you still provide COVID test results? That seems unreasonable, but then I don't do a great deal of sailing.
Nope. Its not unreasonable. Just because you are vaccinated doesnt mean you are immune. Its an excellent idea by the cruise lines to mandate both. I wouldnt want to be confined to a ship with the possibility someone is a carrier
Old 09-19-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSonja View Post
there is a place in Orlando that does exactly what I need. I'm trying to find a place closer. I checked with my cruise line and it wants a PCR test. But thank you anyway.
We just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Mardi Gras. I stressed out about the kind of test we needed. We ended up with a rapid test from CVS. The molecular tests are only required for the unvaccinated. Our tests from CVS worked out fine.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:57 AM

A friend just got a pcr test at cvs on 441, results took about 36 hrs although I think they quoted 48.
Appts online. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
I, too, am in the same "boat," (pardon the pun!). Our cruise next weekend accepts the rapid test and I was able to find a CVS down in Clermont that will do it and guarantee results within 48 hours of sail, as mandated by the cruiseline. You can't book any longer than 13 days out and it took me being online on that particular website from midnight until after 2 a.m. on the13th day to get my husband and me booked for that test to satisfy the cruiseline's requirements. BS?? For sure!! I could test negative 48 hours out and then positive at 72 hours for all we know, BUT, those are the hoops we jump through to be able to live our lives despite Covid. I also had no interest in paying $175/pp (as I'd heard someone did over in Winter Park) for the test, just to be able to satisfy these requirements. IMO, if the cruiselines is mandating negative testing to cruise, they should be providing said tests at the pier at no cost to you! In a perfect world, huh?? Good luck to you in finding the testing you need in the time frame you need it done!!
That’s so funny ! Cruise lines provide free tests! On a cruise with face diapers 6 feet apart like cattle.couldn’t wait ? I bet they increased prices 30% from February 2030
Old 09-19-2021, 08:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSonja View Post
not the rapid test, the PCR rapid test....there used to be one on 441 near WAWA that is now permanently closed...I would have to go down to Orlando for this particular test where I can get the results in an hour.

any information for this test that you might have would be helpful..

thank you,

sonja
Paramount on 466 but I think it like 4 hours or next day
Old 09-19-2021, 08:06 AM

Try Diaggo 1 833 434 2446..They come to your house to give the test...(nice).. and results within 24 hrs...
Old 09-19-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
OP has a good question for travel by plane etc and some countries one must have a PCR test not just the rapid one. Anyone know where near TV one could get it?

Ok, I looked in it. Which I should have before farming out the question…duh…

CVS on county road 466 will do molecular PCR and other tests. You need to book on line CVS.com/Covid - appointments go quickly.
no, it must be a RAPID PCR TEST...no other one...that is the only one accepted by my cruise line...thank you...
Old 09-19-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

We were booked on a cruise leaving the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Test requirement within 1-2 days of departure. One of the days being Thanksgiving. Hence one day, Friday to get the test.....and hope results arrive in time.
A pre-boarding anxiety we do not need.

Then the issue of wearing a mask in almost all venues/enclosed areas of the ship...end result..... wearing a mask most of the time.

No thanks.....we regretfully cancelled....with a full refund as the cruise line is very much aware of the impact of their rules.

Offering full future cruise credit or refund.

We will try again after the first of the year as the current requirements are valid through 12/31/2021.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
So, if you can present evidence that you've received vaccination against COVID, must you still provide COVID test results? That seems unreasonable, but then I don't do a great deal of sailing.
yes, exactly, both, the line i'm going on does covid tests on each passenger and crew every single day while on board.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmum View Post
Paramount Urgent Care on 466 does rapid tests. I had my results in about an hour. Be prepared to wait a few hours, tho, it can be crowded. ( After you register, you wait in your car.)

I don't need a rapid test. I need a RAPID PCR TEST. Ty.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
We are going to Dominican republic in January and will need a PRC test to get back into the US even if I have both shots.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkorn12@aol.com View Post
Go to the Discount Pharmacy on SR 44-- between Brownwood and 301, on the north side of SR44. It's in Freedom Plaza. The Rapid Antigen Test takes about 5 minutes. It costs $8.10 with Insurance (Medicare, Part D). Other Insurances cover this too. The Cruise Lines accept this.
My cruise line does not accept that test. My cruise line needs the gold standard, a rapid PCR test...many many thanks.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:32 AM
Default Covid Testing

I had one done at The Villages Hospital on 441. I recieved the results in a few hours. I was referred to there by The Villages Health Care. They have a website to book appointments. The site opens Sunday at 9AM and you can book your appointment.

Enjoy your cruise.
Closed Thread

Tags
test, rapid, pcr, orlando, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.