27 people aboard Carnival cruise test positive for covid 19

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2021, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
All 27 were vaccinated, had mild or no symptoms, and were in isolation, according to the statement. The tourism board said 99.98% of the ship’s crew was vaccinated, as well as 96.5% of its passengers.

The positive cases were among 26 crew members and one passenger on the Carnival Vista, which is carrying over 1,400 crew and nearly 3,000 passengers, the board said in a statement. The ship arrived Wednesday in Belize City.

27 people aboard Carnival cruise test positive for COVID-19

Wow, 99.98% of the crew were vaccinated, and 26 of them got covid.

It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated I tell you! (sarcasm)

How could this happen?

Obviously, someone boarded the ship and already had covid, most likely a crew member. Maybe all the crew got Pfizer shots? Maybe some of them forged a vaccine card to keep their job?
Or maybe as science has been telling you ….the shot makes you a host for the virus. This is why it is not a vaccine but a shot. Because it CAN NOT STOP YOU from getting the virus. They have said said since DAY ONE you can still get and carry the virus but all you sheep just listened to the left media mob……now it has cause even a bigger problem
Old 08-14-2021, 10:00 AM

I never give enough credit to what my wife has taught me. When this pandemic started, she said "I have a hard time being frightened by a virus I don't even know I have, unless I get a specific test for it".

That statement is a perfect description for what happened on this Carnival Cruise. The ONLY meaningful information given was that ALL the positive test patients were either mild or no symptoms at all! Remember how these tests are given. Nose swabs. If there was a test for EVERY germ, just think what we would find in a nose swab!

My takeaway from the OP is that the vaccinations worked 100% in the case of that cruise. NO ONE WAS EVEN SICK.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We enjoy cruises. However, until “herd immunity” becomes a reality we will pass on taking a cruise. To each his own…
Herd immunity is not going to happen. I read estimates last week that said that with this Delta variant, the herd immunity level would be about 97% vaccinated. Much different from before. Also estimated that it will be at least two years to vaccinate everyone in third-world countries willing to be vaccinated. Better to get as much protection as possible now.

Studies are showing that spending time in close quarters with someone shedding virus particles will lead to vaccinated people catching such a load that it overwhelms their vaccine. (Most crew members on cruise ships sleep in dorm rooms with many levels of narrow bunks with little space between bunks. There’s a good chance that most of the sick crew members bunked together. For all I know, they may also share their bunks with other crew members as shifts change.) Also, as mentioned, the J&J vaccine, one shot, is less effective. Worse, there are Chinese vaccines that are even less effective, and the Russian one is even worse. The Russians and Chinese have been making their vaccines available in many countries from which crew come, including Central America and Asia and Eastern Europe. I hope this will get straightened out.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:17 AM

It only takes one unvaccinated person to spread the virus. Everyone should be tested before boarding.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRita View Post
Herd immunity will never happen with this type of virus.
Sure it will, if enough people either get vaccinated or get infected with the virus. Seems there is no escaping it if your not vaccinated so we will get to herd immunity eventually. It would be great if it was sooner than later though.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emkay56 View Post
Or maybe, just maybe the vaccines don’t really work😳 So tell me again…why should we get vaccinated?
The vaccines do work to keep us out of the hospital and to prevent severe symptoms and death. That is a pretty good reason right there to get vaccinated. Those folks who are fully vaccinated and run into problems with hospitalization are those who are immunocompromised. That is very well publicized at this point and it is also well known that those folks did not elicit a strong immune response from the mRNA vaccines. This is the reason immunocompromised people are eligible for booster shots now. Folks with strong immune systems are still very protected from death with these mRNA vaccines.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Sure it will, if enough people either get vaccinated or get infected with the virus. Seems there is no escaping it if your not vaccinated so we will get to herd immunity eventually. It would be great if it was sooner than later though.
This is nonsense. How can you achieve herd immunity when the virus, in less than a year, has already begun to breakthrough vaccine immunity in large numbers?

Even if we managed to get to herd immunity in the USA, how you going to manage to vaccinate the other 7.5 Billion people on earth?

Gee, maybe we could close our borders.

Herd Immunity 'Not A Possibility' With COVID-19 Delta: Oxford

Herd Immunity 'Not a Possibility' With Delta: AstraZeneca Developer
Old 08-14-2021, 11:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Or maybe as science has been telling you ….the shot makes you a host for the virus. This is why it is not a vaccine but a shot. Because it CAN NOT STOP YOU from getting the virus. They have said said since DAY ONE you can still get and carry the virus but all you sheep just listened to the left media mob……now it has cause even a bigger problem
Seriously? Where in the world did you get that idea? Uh, don't bother, I think I know. ROTFLMAO!!!

The vaccine makes it more difficult for the virus to infiltrate human cells. The vaccine makes the immune system launch a response to attack the virus and not allow it to replicate in the cells, therefore lessening the amount of hosts it can infect. Un-vaccinated people are fueling the virus much more so than vaccinated people. Vaccinated people are not contagious nearly as long as an un-vaccinated person so right then and there, there is a huge difference between which group are fueling the pandemic. This is not a pandemic of vaccinated people. It is a pandemic of the un-vaxxinated. Un-vaxxinated people are the ones filling up hospital beds and are dying. The numbers are the proof.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Which "variant?" There are seven variants of Covid.
With more to come because ALL viruses mutate. There will NEVER be "herd immunity" because it is found/replicates in several different animals vs "only" humans....but people don't want to face that fact. It is a virus....it WILL continue to mutate. Focus needs to be on EFFECTIVE TREATMENT.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb2458 View Post
It only takes one unvaccinated person to spread the virus. Everyone should be tested before boarding.
In the same token, it only takes one vaccinated person who is contagious, to spread the virus. Protect yourselves out there. Either get yourself vaccinated or wear an N95 mask and keep away from others when indoors.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:31 AM
Default please stay off the internet your not doctors

27 people that tested positive on a cruise is just a headline. To draw any conclusions you have to understand testing which is way more complicated the just a positive test .

Heres what's important . Vaccines work .

Some advice
If you are looking to catch or spread Covid (JUST GET ON A CRUISE SHIP) You may live or die or kill some one.. Sounds like a blast
Old 08-14-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
All 27 were vaccinated, had mild or no symptoms, and were in isolation, according to the statement. The tourism board said 99.98% of the ship’s crew was vaccinated, as well as 96.5% of its passengers.

The positive cases were among 26 crew members and one passenger on the Carnival Vista, which is carrying over 1,400 crew and nearly 3,000 passengers, the board said in a statement. The ship arrived Wednesday in Belize City.

27 people aboard Carnival cruise test positive for COVID-19

Wow, 99.98% of the crew were vaccinated, and 26 of them got covid.

It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated I tell you! (sarcasm)

How could this happen?

Obviously, someone boarded the ship and already had covid, most likely a crew member. Maybe all the crew got Pfizer shots? Maybe some of them forged a vaccine card to keep their job?

Hence the problem with the vaccine. Fortunately, no one got seriously ill but they could have or spread it to a passenger who would get very ill. IMO, these ships are dangerous incubators for disease in the best of times.

I think we must admit now that the vaccinated can contract the virus and give it to others, but it keeps symptoms manageable for most, but not all. Another question I have is can you get it again? We have no clue as to whether those who have the spike protein antibodies from the vaccine but also get COVID anyway will acquire natural immunity so you don't get the same virus twice. I think not.

Wanna bet that a vaccine resistant and dangerous variant will originate on a cruise ship? I hope I lose that bet but unfortunately I don't think I will.

Last edited by Escape Artist; 08-14-2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
So that’s just it, the vaccinated are spreading it more, since they have milder cases, thus not staying home in bed, but are up out and about more. Maybe it’s more of a pandemic of the vaccinated?
Don’t get me wrong, I support vaccinations, just trying to be rational in an un-rational America.
Try harder, that post doesn't cut it
Old 08-14-2021, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
With more to come because ALL viruses mutate. There will NEVER be "herd immunity" because it is found/replicates in several different animals vs "only" humans....but people don't want to face that fact. It is a virus....it WILL continue to mutate. Focus needs to be on EFFECTIVE TREATMENT.
And this makes it different from thousands of other viruses out there ---how??????
Old 08-14-2021, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I agree with that. Just my "gestalt" based on 40 years experience practicing medicine and dealing with a variety of issues, but I think there is something seriously wrong with the tests.

And my other observation cannot be tested either----Let's say we give our children the Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine. We just give it and that is that. What we DO NOT do is test them every other day for Varicella antigen, like we are doing with athletes for COVID. And what would we find if we did? Same with flu shots, which are far, far less effective than either Varicella or COVID vaccines? Do we test those vaccinated every day for the flu???

It would make a lot more sense to just vaccinate, then ONLY test those who develop symptoms later.
I agree IMO the testing maybe flawed. Maybe they need to 3 out 5, or 4 out of 7 tests before they say people has Covid.
Closed Thread

Tags
crew, vaccinated, statement, 99.98%, board

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.