3 more Minneapolis officers charged Derek Chauvin charges elevated

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2020, 01:11 PM

For insight into these riots...Have a look at this video. It’s from 2017, but this guy nailed it! He was part of BLM but recognized that the movement had been hijacked. Civil unrest/ nov. 4th @kingchaziel - YouTube
Old 06-04-2020, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,543 Times in 2,589 Posts

One thing that wiil be interesting, will be finding any sort of neutral jury for the trial of the four ex policemen.
Thay have already been found guilty on all counts by the media, and a large majority of the public.
And for sure, if the accused do not go down for the max on all counts, or God forbid get off, what is left standing after the latest 'protest,' wont be after that verdict or sentencing.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The looting is a side-effect of riots. It is not related directly to George Floyd's murder at all. It's what happens in ANY community when there are riots, no matter what the reason for the rioting. It also happens when people panic. This happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Whoever was near the store - no matter what their color was - they were the ones doing the looting. It also has happened during Black Friday sales - except in that case, the looting precedes the rioting.

The riots are happening not exclusively because of George Floyd. But because of the overall racism that hasn't stopped occurring since the beginning of slavery in the USA, before the Civil War.

This past week was a trigger. Not a cause. The cause has always been here. Until the concept of superiority among one group or another ceases to exist, the cause will continue to always be here. And there will eventually be another trigger.
You are absolutely correct. I would add also that 400 years ago, because of greed for cheap labor, it could be called America's 1st immigration mistake. We are STILL making that cheap labor mistake. And I am not talking about any ethnic or racial group. It is a numbers versus resources and labor mistake with A.I. and robotics only 20 years away. The US could have 40% permanent unemployment. No more legal or illegal immigration is needed.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Given the laws that have been passed and the backing of a strong and coveted union, even the very worst of cops (even with overwhelming evidence against them)...have been hard to successfully prosecute.

Everyone in the "System" knows this and gives the bad ones, even more confidence...that they can get away with what they do.

And the good cops (the overwhelming majority) also know this, so peer pressure and history...keep them from speaking up.

That is but one area, where more needs to be done if fair and equal justice for ALL...is to ever prevail.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
From my perspective, this whole thing is not about the murder of one man, although that murder is a travesty and must be addressed directly. So happy to see the new charges. I was in the middle of the riots in Detroit in 1968. That was right after the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King, if you remember. Kids in my high school were rioting, right in front of our eyes. It was frightening and wrong then, as it is now. HOWEVER, it was and is today, a way (however wrong) of getting people’s attention about a systemic issue in our country: racism. It went underground for a very long time and over the past 5 years or so, it has been rearing its ugly head again. Racists and haters have somehow received a message that it’s ok to openly show hate toward people that don’t look like them, think like them, don’t believe in the same God as them, and more important, people that they put in a position lower than they are. It sickens me and I will never accept people behaving in that way. So I am all for the protests and will support protesters against inhuman, racists treatment of other people forever. Rioting, burning, looting, killing, are not ok, ever. But we need to pay attention, once and for all. You can never have peace within a society where one group of people see themselves as superior to another because of the color of their skin, their religion, their gender, their country of origin, their sexual orientation, their anything. PERIOD!
True clarification of a difficult subject.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
From my perspective, this whole thing is not about the murder of one man, although that murder is a travesty and must be addressed directly. So happy to see the new charges. I was in the middle of the riots in Detroit in 1968. That was right after the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King, if you remember. Kids in my high school were rioting, right in front of our eyes. It was frightening and wrong then, as it is now.

HOWEVER, it was and is today, a way (however wrong) of getting people’s attention about a systemic issue in our country: racism. It went underground for a very long time and over the past 5 years or so, it has been rearing its ugly head again. Racists and haters have somehow received a message that it’s ok to openly show hate toward people that don’t look like them, think like them, don’t believe in the same God as them, and more important, people that they put in a position lower than they are.

It sickens me and I will never accept people behaving in that way. So I am all for the protests and will support protesters against inhuman, racists treatment of other people forever. Rioting, burning, looting, killing, are not ok, ever. But we need to pay attention, once and for all.

You can never have peace within a society where one group of people see themselves as superior to another because of the color of their skin, their religion, their gender, their country of origin, their sexual orientation, their anything. PERIOD!
Very well stated...THANK YOU!
Closed Thread

Tags
minneapolis, officers, charged, derek, chauvin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.