Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

front page new york times may 24 2020 - Bing

The NYT Front Page - Sunday, May 24, 2020
Old 09-22-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm sorry, but 6 pages ago on this thread you posted the same ridiculous claim regarding "viral loads" and chances of getting COVID from a vaccinated person. So now, 6 pages later, you will get the same response:

Point of clarification before that post misinforms even more people:

Vaccinated people who have breakthrough and carry the virus can have viral loads equal to the unvaccinated. HOWEVER, the percentage of those vaccinated people carrying the virus is very, very low. A number of posts that refer to "viral load" are making it sound like just as many vaccinated people are running around with the same viral load as the unvaccinated. That is far, far from true. It's sort of like stating that fully clothed people who contract poison ivy in the woods have exactly the same lesions as naked people who ran through the woods without stating that 95% of the naked people got poison ivy while only 0.1% of the clothed did. Which group do you think will need the most calamine lotion?
Please point to a study that says unvaccinated are more likely to carry Delta Covid Viral load vs vaccinated. Dr. Walensky of the CDC explained last month, while the COVID vaccines remain incredibly effective at preventing serious illness and death, “what they cannot do anymore is prevent transmission.”
I disagree with the poison ivy comparison. We KNOW vaccinated people have the same viral load as unvaccinated. Your comparison would suggest there would be lower viral loads in vaccinated (lower lesions in clothed poison ivy victims) Assuming you are equating cloths with vaccine, the vaccinated have the same viral loads as the unvaccinated.

Last edited by Wyseguy; 09-22-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:19 PM
Sage

Sweden. 2020. showing coffins of people who died from Covid. - Bing images

France is overwhelmed by Covid deaths. 2020 - Bing images

Covid deaths in South America. Hospitals overwhelmed. - Bing images

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-22-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:32 PM

Need a 4th j-an?
‘He did everything right,’ Oklahoma teacher still contracts COVID-19 despite having three Pfizer shots - NewsBreak
Old 09-22-2021, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Oxford study showed similar percentage and similar viral loads of the Delta Variant in vax'd and non vax'd.
A vaccinated individual who contracts Covid and dies is just as dead as an unvaccinated individual who contracted Covid and died.

A vaccinated individual who becomes infected with Covid can carry similar viral loads as the unvaccinated individual.

The difference is in the likelihood that a vaccinated individual will become infected in the first place.

The vaccine makes this much less likely - not impossible, but not likely. I believe there have also been studies that show that vaccinated individuals who become infected are contagious for fewer days but I can't find that link right now.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-22-2021, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Oxford study showed similar percentage and similar viral loads of the Delta Variant in vax'd and non vax'd.
I educated you 3 times about this already, I am not going to repeat it for a 4th.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage

Access Denied

permanent damage to lungs from covid-19 - Bing images
Old 09-22-2021, 01:00 PM
Default Increases in Coronavirus Cases Are Happening Mainly in States With Stricter COVID-19

Increases in Coronavirus Cases Are Happening Mainly in States With Stricter COVID-19 Rules
‘He did everything right,’ Oklahoma teacher still contracts COVID-19 despite having three Pfizer shots - NewsBreak
Old 09-22-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
A vaccinated individual who contracts Covid and dies is just as dead as an unvaccinated individual who contracted Covid and died.

A vaccinated individual who becomes infected with Covid can carry similar viral loads as the unvaccinated individual.

The difference is in the likelihood that a vaccinated individual will become infected in the first place.

The vaccine makes this much less likely - not impossible, but not likely. I believe there have also been studies that show that vaccinated individuals who become infected are contagious for fewer days but I can't find that link right now.

The studies I have read agree with your last statement, that the viral loads are the same for the first 7-8 days, then the vaccinated individual's viral load drops at a faster rate than the unvaccinated for the next three to four days.
As for carrying viral loads, studies I read show both vaccinated and non are equally likely to carry DELTA viral loads, though vaccinated are more likely to be asymptomatic. This could be a greater risk, as they are likely unaware that they are a transmitter. I would think this is why they are saying if you at risk, regardless of the vaccine start to wear your mask again.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Increases in Coronavirus Cases Are Happening Mainly in States With Stricter COVID-19 Rules
??? Where did you get that idea?

Is there a site that ranks Covid restrictions? Certainly, California, New Jersey, and New York would rank high on that list but they are among the states with the smallest increase. Florida must be one of the least restrictive states and led the pack with the current surge.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-22-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Is there a site that ranks Covid restrictions? Certainly, California, New Jersey, and New York would rank high on that list but they are among the states with the smallest increase. Florida must be one of the least restrictive states and led the pack with the current surge.
Florida is not even in the top ten. Texas is not on the list either.
Data was last updated Sept. 20. New cases are measured per 100,000 people.

Louisiana

Seven-day change: 100 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 1,344

Wisconsin

Seven-day change: 50.08 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 2,863

Alaska

Seven-day change: 30.84 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 750

Montana

Seven-day change: 25.02 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 712

Wyoming

Seven-day change: 23.3 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 464

North Dakota

Seven-day change: 19.91 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 350

Michigan

Seven-day change: 14.68 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 3,723

Connecticut

Seven-day change: 6.78 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 748

New Jersey

Seven-day change: 4.81 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 2,133

Maryland

Seven-day change: 3.16 percent increase

Seven-day moving case average: 1,245

I will post the article as well if you like.

Take nothing for granted. You would think FL and TX led the pack, from the way the TV is reporting.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:

Florida is doing better than NY and NJ. I expanded the list to all 50 states. Again, watching TV one would think FL and TX were the two states with the highest rates. This is yet another reason why people do not trust what is being reported. I'd like to add, the gov't restricting the monoclonal meds to Fl comes across as a very petty, partisan issue. Definitely divisive.

Last edited by Wyseguy; 09-22-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You are quoting data from a single large gathering in a single county in one state that involved less than 500 people. IN NO WAY can that be extrapolated into the hundreds of millions that have been vaccinated. Try again.
LOL You haven't cited any scientific data backing up your assertion that " the percentage of those vaccinated people carrying the virus is very, very low."

Try again.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:07 PM

Hi Gracie: I sincerely feel terrible that you are so petrified and concerned. It is horrible what the "news" media is doing, instilling fear to the point of paralyzing people. I respect your choices and hope you are able to enjoy an unrestricted life again soon.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
LOL You haven't cited any scientific data backing up your assertion that " the percentage of those vaccinated people carrying the virus is very, very low."

Try again.
The percentage of people vaccinated who carry a viral load is "most likely" many times what is reported. Assuming the claim that the vaccine makes for very mild or even asymptomatic cases, the probability that many positive vaccinated covid Delta carriers are unaware.
Closed Thread

Tags
stage, oxygen, hospital, vaccinated, blood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.