Adios, Mr. Potato Head

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2021, 08:22 AM
Platinum member

obviously many only get their news from one source and fail to research better....

Hasbro clarified that while the brand is changing, the actual Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head characters will still live on and be sold in stores. In a picture posted on Twitter, the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” names are less prominently displayed at the bottom of the box, instead of the top
Old 02-27-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Just keep my Law & Order, Blue Bloods and Chicago PD running to infinity and I’ll be just fine.
Chicago PD not so much fun these days since they stopped putting bad guys in the cage and beat on them.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

The Good Old USA used to be vibrant, interesting, hard working and playing, colorful, and a great place to live and raise a family. It wasn't perfect by any means, but many times in the past we tried to work together to overcome problems or issues.

But now our country is rapidly becoming 360Million+ Shades of Grayness.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	download (22).jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	88394  
Old 02-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Default Chicago PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Chicago PD not so much fun these days since they stopped putting bad guys in the cage and beat on them.
I love Chicago PD. I want the cage back! Lol
Old 02-27-2021, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacDQ View Post
I just have one question that perhaps one of you could answer for me.
Without a Mr & Mrs potato head where to baby potato heads come from.
They adopt illegal potatoes
Old 02-27-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
There is no such thing as majority rules or common good any more, it is simply who screams the loudest or has the most viral posts.
That’s exactly right. The vast majority of people are totally against this type of idiocy. The problem is the silent majority stands by and does nothing about it. I just read where Loudoun Country, Virginia just removed Dr. Seuss from its schools because they feel it could have racial undertones. They are also considering the removal of Shakespeare. What needs to happen is we to need to start fighting back. I wonder what would happen if Hasbro found twenty five thousand people demonstrating outside its corporate headquarters in Rhode Island. If we stopped supporting these institutions of higher education by refusing to send our kids to them. If we stopped buying products from companies that bow down to these people. I think you would see a big difference. If we continue to do nothing I am afraid we will wake one morning living in a country like Russia or China. It may not happen in our lives but I think our kids are heading down a dark road. It’s time we started to speak out and cancel the cancelers.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

Whatever happened to the times when men were men and women were women, when you could tell ethnic jokes, when certain words weren't "forbidden", and deviant behavior was just that, and not publicly accepted.
A by-product of that was that we grew "thick skin" and didn't let the little things bother us.
Today, this nation is full of wimpy, crybaby sissies who want their cake and eat it too.
So, so, sad.
Thank God I'm old and won't live to see the result of all this destruction.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
Whatever happened to the times when men were men and women were women, when you could tell ethnic jokes, when certain words weren't "forbidden", and deviant behavior was just that, and not publicly accepted.
A by-product of that was that we grew "thick skin" and didn't let the little things bother us.
Today, this nation is full of wimpy, crybaby sissies who want their cake and eat it too.
So, so, sad.
Thank God I'm old and won't live to see the result of all this destruction.
It must be very difficult to be a comedian these days, the only thing you can make fun of is yourself, and even that would upset some wackjob.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Mr. Potato Head - Wikipedia

Much ado about NOTHING.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:53 AM

Their are too many weirdos in our country today who want to change everything that has made our country exceptional!! Has the educational system contributed to the brainwashing of the children who have grown up believing in non-genders, transexuality, a new world order and communist philosophy? If not the educators, then who? It’s up to parents to find out what their children are being taught!
Old 02-27-2021, 10:02 AM

Resistance is futile. You WILL be assimilated!
Old 02-27-2021, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Alas, poor Mr. Potato Head! I knew him, Horatio (that's Shakespeare, mutilated)

and you too, Mrs. Potato Head.

Mr. Rogers is likely in the on-deck circle. Some things I don't quite understand anymore.

Mr. Potato Head brand goes gender-neutral, dropping "Mr." title
Since I was from the prehistoric days, I went straight to 1st grade like ALL kids in my location and time. I barely ever knew that Mr or Mrs Potato head even existed to this day. So, if whoever today is in charge of putting the Potato family out as toys ......if they want to scrub away the gender profiles, I would not care. It is NOT any of my business. They can do as they please on that one. I am NOT the toy police.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:59 AM
Default Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
That’s exactly right. The vast majority of people are totally against this type of idiocy. The problem is the silent majority stands by and does nothing about it. I just read where Loudoun Country, Virginia just removed Dr. Seuss from its schools because they feel it could have racial undertones. They are also considering the removal of Shakespeare. What needs to happen is we to need to start fighting back. I wonder what would happen if Hasbro found twenty five thousand people demonstrating outside its corporate headquarters in Rhode Island. If we stopped supporting these institutions of higher education by refusing to send our kids to them. If we stopped buying products from companies that bow down to these people. I think you would see a big difference. If we continue to do nothing I am afraid we will wake one morning living in a country like Russia or China. It may not happen in our lives but I think our kids are heading down a dark road. It’s time we started to speak out and cancel the cancelers.
Yes!! Finally someone with the courage to speak out about how to deal with this nonsense! We can’t just sit here and mock the “woke-ers.” We have to DO something to show them we’re not going to sit still for this! Hitting these companies in the wallet is the way to do it. Don’t buy their products. Write letters to their CEO’s. Protest loudly. What they’re doing is just the first step on the road to taking away our freedom to think for ourselves. We can make fun of it, but our children and grandchildren will suffer if these morons take over our school curricula, as they’re trying to do. The destruction of everything we hold dear about this country is their goal. Grandparents can have powerful voices. Use them!
Old 02-27-2021, 12:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Oh for the halcyon days when public misogyny, sexism, prejudice and discrimination were not only condoned, but even encouraged. This push towards a fairer, kinder, more equal and empathetic nation, will be the ruin of us yet. Unless, like myself and tens of millions of others, you believe that these are worthwhile goals for a developed country.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:46 PM

Thanks for answering my question.🤔
Closed Thread

Tags
potato, head, adios, circle, on-deck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.