Again, and again, and again

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2022, 08:45 AM

A study of mass shooters:

Two Professors Found What Creates a Mass Shooter. Will Politicians Pay Attention? - POLITICO
Old 06-02-2022, 08:47 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
#8 - get rid of social media
you are on social media?
Old 06-02-2022, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
you are on social media?
Your correct, TOTV is the only social media I have ever used. So far, no wack job mass murders have sought out instant rock star status through TOTV “old retired people” media. And despite a lot of complaining, no one has gone postal over dog poop, bad parking, poor golf conditions, increased happy hour prices, or having to share the MMP’s with various users.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
And despite a lot of complaining, no one has gone postal over dog poop, bad parking, poor golf conditions, increased happy hour prices, or having to share the MMP’s with various users.
Avocado did go postal over the Property Tax increase.

Old 06-02-2022, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

And then disappeared. Johnny One Note?????????
Old 06-02-2022, 10:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Oh Geez, that's easy. You're not gonna like the answer though:

1. Two-parent homes for raising children;
2. A stay-at home parent;
3. Put away "participation trophies" and teach kids that heartbreak and losing are life lessons and doing so gracefully is important;
4. Return to discipline. Kids are your responsibility to society, NOT your new cuddly best friend for you to pamper and indulge;
5. Return to a shared moral code. In the past, it was Christianity and regular church attendance;
6. Return to community norms. No more, "but it's their culture to be rude" excuses. Abide by community standards or face social ostracism;
7. A return to accountability and personal responsibility for one's actions and behaviors.
We would have to stop the world and restart again to accomplish this.

Don't know about any of you people, but I'm a senior citizen looking for my eternal life
someplace else.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
We would have to stop the world and restart again to accomplish this..
Wrong, as with anything............to move forward, you have to take a first step.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:

Naaaa, he didn’t kill anyone, he just got more upset than most.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Wrong, as with anything............to move forward, you have to take a first step.
See, some of us consider that moving backward not forward. As with many things moving forward can be painful. The industrial revolution was the start of all the things listed, should we return to pre-industrialization? That was a lovely bucolic time.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
you are on social media?
Problem is...how do you get back to this??

Can't change the divorce rate, with the current divorce rate you'll always
have a one parent home.

And in my opinion with such high divorce rate leads to trophy for all....bc the one parent household is always competing against the other parent, daddy got you this...well I'm gonna get you this better thing. In addition their is resulting guilt that the child is hurting mentally from the split...hence the trophy isssue...Oh no, you did great, you're the best, you made an excellent effort, heres a trophy.

Religion issue...well that's a tough one. I do believe, yes allot pulled away in almost defiance, but things within the catholic church was a major factor.

Yea, respect...well we all know that starts at home. Here's a conundrum...my grandkids are allowed to sit at the dining room chair with their feet on the seat, drives me nuts...at my house when they sit on a counter stool that way....its not allowed..."get you feet off the seat".....you can not imagine the looks....first the grandkids at me....mean grandma...then over to their parent, like I'm speaking another language...then the parent will "explain " well, they are used to doing......
I dont really care....
Anyway, sorry to go on...but I guess we gotta get the feet out of the seat...so to speak.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Well, I wish we could live the world ElDiabloJoe suggests, but here's a couple of things we could actually do now.

1. Re-open the insane asylums and make it possible to once again commit dangerous lunatics, like we used to do back before we had mass-murders by dangerous lunatics every other month.

2. Make Big Tech apply the same powerful algorithms they use to detect people pointing out that the Covid Vaccines don't work, to detecting the ravings of the next murderous lunatic, as he documents in detail on-line his plans to commit mass murder.

Just a couple of alternative common-sense ideas, since everyone seems to have a "common sense" plan these days to remove 400 million guns, which might be a little more difficult than simply locking up the lunatics.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
See, some of us consider that moving backward not forward. As with many things moving forward can be painful. The industrial revolution was the start of all the things listed, should we return to pre-industrialization? That was a lovely bucolic time.
Nonsense.
Congrats.................................the worst post of 2022 award.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Well, I wish we could live the world ElDiabloJoe suggests, but here's a couple of things we could actually do now.

1. Re-open the insane asylums and make it possible to once again commit dangerous lunatics, like we used to do back before we had mass-murders by dangerous lunatics every other month.

2. Make Big Tech apply the same powerful algorithms they use to detect people pointing out that the Covid Vaccines don't work, to detecting the ravings of the next murderous lunatic, as he documents in detail on-line his plans to commit mass murder.

Just a couple of alternative common-sense ideas, since everyone seems to have a "common sense" plan these days to remove 400 million guns, which might be a little more difficult than simply locking up the lunatics.
I agree with No. 1. But, I don't see how your No. 2 would acccomplish much unless you are going to deny people their legal due process. I don't like red flag laws because they allow people, who are not part of the justice system, to take away legal rights without any due process. They take away your rights, and then you are guilty until you can prove that you are innocent.

The problem with "common sense" ideas is that there will never be universal agreement on what constitutes common sense, especially in today's world.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Oh Geez, that's easy. You're not gonna like the answer though:

1. Two-parent homes for raising children;
2. A stay-at home parent;
3. Put away "participation trophies" and teach kids that heartbreak and losing are life lessons and doing so gracefully is important;
4. Return to discipline. Kids are your responsibility to society, NOT your new cuddly best friend for you to pamper and indulge;
5. Return to a shared moral code. In the past, it was Christianity and regular church attendance;
6. Return to community norms. No more, "but it's their culture to be rude" excuses. Abide by community standards or face social ostracism;
7. A return to accountability and personal responsibility for one's actions and behaviors.
Funny, no mention of the guns used. Like that is not part of the problem?
Old 06-02-2022, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

We can discuss this over and over until the cows come home and not sure what will ever be accomplished.
Closed Thread

Tags
tulsa, hospital, killed, answer, killings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.