Atlanta cops being charged.

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2020, 08:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
So because charges have been filed that makes him automatically guilty? The charges amount to nothing but opening arguments. The Defense still get their chance to present their case. Why can't you understand that? Or are you just being obtuse?
I've come to the realization that some people truly see the world differently. They firmly believe they see "the truth" and the rest of us don't. (I'm parsing my words here... almost choking.)

I can read history books and read about the death, poverty, starvation, and destruction that results from their ideas, but to them, they see rainbows, unicorns and utopia... all the while decrying the lunacy of our selfish (and apparently, racist) beliefs.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-17-2020, 08:33 PM

To stop this foolishness just have the legal fee come out of the police pension fund. Maybe then they’ll do the right thing and serve and protect.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
So because charges have been filed that makes him automatically guilty? The charges amount to nothing but opening arguments. The Defense still get their chance to present their case. Why can't you understand that? Or are you just being obtuse?
///

I just read the Admin's post/notice to all members, so in that vein and in the spirit of what they're trying to do...I've chosen to delete my response.

NOTICE ALL REGISTERED USERS (poke here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
Dear TOTV users,

Talk of The Villages was originally created as a forum for Villagers to come together easily, and discuss happenings across the town and beyond. However, in recent months, we have seen a surge of posts that violate our site guidelines, and have impacted the general mood across the forum.

Let us remind you that posting about politics is strictly forbidden. This includes the mention of political parties, political individuals, or any political topics. Even with warnings and reminders of this rule, users continue to post about politics. We will now begin giving out one week temporary bans to any user who violates this rule. If users continue to defy this rule, longer or even permanent bans will be given.

In addition, discussion on TOTV should remain kind and respectful. Negatively directed posts are not allowed. Negative posts directed at other users will be deleted, and any user who continues to disregard this rule will be subjected to a temporary ban.

We understand that during these tumultuous times, it is cathartic to come to the forum and discuss everything happening on the news and in our community. We encourage open discussion, and welcome everyone with different backgrounds and viewpoints. To reflect this, we have decided to create a new sub-forum dedicated solely to current events and news. On this side of the forum, users will be able to discuss everything happening in the world, and those who do not wish to participate, can easily ignore this sub-forum. This sub-forum will still adhere to site guidelines, and will be moderated according to these rules. This means there will still be no political discussion allowed. All we ask from our users is respect towards each other, regardless of differing opinions, and respect towards our site guidelines.

Lastly, please note that the General Discussions Forum is meant for topics related to The Villages, Florida. This includes topics related to buying in the area, and for things related to living in The Villages. The New Members Forum is meant for new members to the site who wish to introduce themselves to everyone on the forum. If you post a topic that does not fit these descriptions, your post will be moved to the correct forum.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 06-17-2020 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
To stop this foolishness just have the legal fee come out of the police pension fund. Maybe then they’ll do the right thing and serve and protect.

Now THAT would be very interesting to watch.

Add laws limiting the "qualified immunity" for cops and I'll bet things...WOULD change.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Actually, I was thinking just THE OPPOSITE! The estate of Mr. Brooks should have to pay for the mess HE CREATED by driving while intoxicated, assaulting two police officers (WITHOUT PROVOCATION!), stealing and then firing a taser at a police officer, and all the aftermath and trauma he caused law enforcement. What are we up to... 4 felonies, at least for Mr. Brooks? Wow... doesn't sound like he was making good choices.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by B767drvr; 06-17-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

Here's a crazy idea... OBEY THE LAW and LAW ENFORCEMENT when they come to clean up the mess you (Mr. Brooks) created.

Last edited by B767drvr; 06-17-2020 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:00 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Actually, I was thinking just THE OPPOSITE! The estate of Mr. Brooks should have to pay for the mess HE CREATED by driving while intoxicated, assaulting two police officers (WITHOUT PROVOCATION!), stealing and then firing a taser at a police officer, and all the aftermath and trauma he caused law enforcement.
Justice is pretty crazy huh?
Steve
Old 06-17-2020, 09:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Justice is pretty crazy huh?
Steve
Sure is. I honestly can't imagine why any sane individual would enter law enforcement today, or continue unless close to retirement, given all the liability for split-second decisions while being physically attacked/life threatened by law-breakers. We pay these people poorly, give them minimal training, a pat on the back, and wish them "good luck" dealing day in and day out with the worst of humanity.

Last edited by B767drvr; 06-18-2020 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:20 PM
Gold member

I'm hearing word that in one police precinct in Atlanta, all the officers are calling in sick. Geez....I hope they get better.
Steve
Old 06-17-2020, 09:41 PM
Gold member

Well they want to defund the police

Search Twitter - Atlanta pd

Steve
Old 06-17-2020, 10:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

2. Rolfe (the skinhead looking shooter cop) kicked Brooks...as Brooks was laying on the ground dying.

Calling a bald person a Skinhead looking cop is derogatory. It is obviously an attempt to associate inappropriately. Isn't this almost the same as being racist. As a bald person, I feel unjustly accused. Why would someone make that association unless they were unfairly attempting to convict? Makes one suspect of such bias.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:02 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Actually, I was thinking just THE OPPOSITE! The estate of Mr. Brooks should have to pay for the mess HE CREATED by driving while intoxicated, assaulting two police officers (WITHOUT PROVOCATION!), stealing and then firing a taser at a police officer, and all the aftermath and trauma he caused law enforcement. What are we up to... 4 felonies, at least for Mr. Brooks? Wow... doesn't sound like he was making good choices.
What estate? He was a loser, a child abuser and career criminal.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-17-2020, 11:05 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Seems like the DA has some of his own legal problems to worry about.. GBI investigating DA Paul Howard over use of nonprofit
The DA is of questionable character at best. He should be disbarred and locked up!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-17-2020, 11:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What estate? He was a loser, a child abuser and career criminal.
Yeah... I was being generous.

Somehow, the innocent taxpayer will have to pay for the mess Mr. Brooks chose to create.

Last edited by B767drvr; 06-18-2020 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:10 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
And Ted Williams, paid commentator by Fox, should be believed over all of those who see it differently...because?

As far as being "overcharged," we'll see...as that is also arguable.

I think that falls under the phrase..."throwing the book at them."

1. Brooks was shot in the back,TWICE, while running away and not being a deadly threat to the cop (not only is a taser not considered a "deadly" weapon, it was useless after being discharged twice).

2. Rolfe (the skinhead looking shooter cop) kicked Brooks...as Brooks was laying on the ground dying.

3. The other cop (Brosnan), stood on Brooks shoulder...as Brooks was laying on the ground dying.

4. Brosnan 'policing' the brass from the gun, before any attempt at rendering aid to Brooks...who was laying on the ground dying.

5. Rolfe crowing "I got him" after shooting Brooks (twice, in the back, as a reminder).

6. Brosnan is volunteering to be a state witness and step over that "thin blue line"...that has allowed all too many other LEO's in getting off.

Knowing all of these facts, I predict it won't even go to court...but a plea deal will be worked out.

Hopefully, if justice is served...Rolfe will serve a very long time in prison.

I also predict, that there will be a concerted effort to obfuscate/divert/distract/insert "whataboutism"...into this issue/thread.

But back to my question...has anyone (given the additional facts revealed today), changed from their original position?

If not...why not?
In Georgia a taser is a deadly threat
Closed Thread

Tags
limb, kidding, atlanta, minds, changed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.