Ban on transgender women running in 2024 Olympics

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2023, 10:37 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts
Default Ban on transgender women running in 2024 Olympics

It has been announced that transgender women are banned from running in the 2024 Olympics against women. Some transgender comments about denying them the opportunity to participate. They are not being denied the opportunity. They just have to compete against people of their biological sex. Kind of like letting a heavyweight average boxer compete against a lightweight boxer. XY against XY, not XY against XX. Sports events are looking for the best, not the best imposter. If an XX wants to compete against an XY, let it happen, If a lightweight wants to compete against a heavyweight, let it happen. Go up to your best not down to your best.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

That is the correct thing to do, transgender people do not lose their muscle structure and it is true that men going up against women, the men will win most of the time. I reverse it is an uphill battle for them so it is fair for them to compete. It is most fair for woman working to compete to be able to compete equally.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:23 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Where are the woman's right people? So unfair.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
If they were women, I'd agree.

Had a client once who woke up one morning and thought he was a chiropractor. Made a sign and put it in his apartment window facing the street: "Dr. _____, Natural Healing". He got mad as heck when I told him that he wasn't a chiropractor and that he had to take his sign down: even threatened me with a lawsuit, claiming I was depriving him of his right to make a living. Fortunately, a visit to his Psychiatrist and a day or three wait for the new med to take effect took care of the issue: he was back to being who he always was.

Sometimes, reality stomps on in and crushes our most cherished fantasies.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Apples to apples.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I'm a women's rights person and I think this is great news. It is very unfair for women to have to compete against a man in women's clothing.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:51 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I think it is vile to target transgender people whose lives must be difficult enough without being used as pawns in political ploys.

Attacks on transgenders — both verbal and physical attacks — are part of a movement to dehumanize others — and the number of people who are susceptible to joining in the hatred is appalling.

And don’t get me started on the incongruity of using “holiness” as an attempt to veil hatred and to obsess about what is between someone else’s legs. If an adult decides to do something totally legal, why should anyone else care.

BUT, that being said, I agree that transgender women should not be competing against female athletes who were born female. This is not just about the Olympics, it is about all levels of sports, from informal competitions to the awarding of scholarships. Height and strength can make all the difference in athletic competition……

Let’s be fair.

Boomer the Moderate (an endangered species)
Old 05-11-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
If they were women, I'd agree.

Had a client once who woke up one morning and thought he was a chiropractor. Made a sign and put it in his apartment window facing the street: "Dr. _____, Natural Healing". He got mad as heck when I told him that he wasn't a chiropractor and that he had to take his sign down: even threatened me with a lawsuit, claiming I was depriving him of his right to make a living. Fortunately, a visit to his Psychiatrist and a day or three wait for the new med to take effect took care of the issue: he was back to being who he always was.

Sometimes, reality stomps on in and crushes our most cherished fantasies.

I think that is a silly and completely illogical response to serious issue. No individual or family with children facing a sexual identity issue takes this lightly or treats it as a running joke. No one “wakes up one morning” deciding they are actually of a different sex - it is typically the consequence of years of nagging doubts, frustration and fear, and incredible heartache from trying to fit into the expectations of others and facing the most incredible cruelty when they don’t. Most Villagers are old enough and experienced enough to have met people from all walks of life and know that we are not all cut from the same cloth and sexuality is not some hard and fast rule that everyone fits into neatly. I am not speaking to the issue of athletic competition but to all the demeaning, thoughtless, crude and silly comments that this issue provokes.
Old 05-11-2023, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
It has been announced that transgender women are banned from running in the 2024 Olympics against women. Some transgender comments about denying them the opportunity to participate. They are not being denied the opportunity. They just have to compete against people of their biological sex. Kind of like letting a heavyweight average boxer compete against a lightweight boxer. XY against XY, not XY against XX. Sports events are looking for the best, not the best imposter. If an XX wants to compete against an XY, let it happen, If a lightweight wants to compete against a heavyweight, let it happen. Go up to your best not down to your best.
So you're saying - someone who was born with the female anatomy, grew up that way, but "came out" as a transgender male, getting all the appropriate medical treatment BEFORE entering Olympic trials - including breast removal, hysterectomy, and hormone treatment to produce more masculine traits including lowering of voice and facial hair growth..

They should be trying out in the WOMENS' Olympics trials. Because he was born female and that's how you want it to be. Right?

I mean he's stronger, taller, has facial hair, no longer has a woman's reproductive system, or breast tissue. His hormonal balance is now that of a natural-born man, nothing more, he's not taking "extra" hormones but rather - hormone replacement. Just like a woman going through menopause takes hormone replacement. Except this one is for men, not women. But he'll be competing as a woman.

Because that's what you want.

I say - okay. That's fine.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I think it is vile to target transgender people whose lives must be difficult enough without being used as pawns in political ploys.

Attacks on transgenders — both verbal and physical attacks — are part of a movement to dehumanize others — and the number of people who are susceptible to joining in the hatred is appalling.

And don’t get me started on the incongruity of using “holiness” as an attempt to veil hatred and to obsess about what is between someone else’s legs. If an adult decides to do something totally legal, why should anyone else care.

BUT, that being said, I agree that transgender women should not be competing against female athletes who were born female. This is not just about the Olympics, it is about all levels of sports, from informal competitions to the awarding of scholarships. Height and strength can make all the difference in athletic competition……

Let’s be fair.

Boomer the Moderate (an endangered species)
I also feel that transgender males/females shouldn't be competing for teams of the gender that doesn't match their biology. But if they compete in teams that DOES match their biology, then you'll have transgender women - who were born biologically male - competing against men. Tall women with no facial hair, no *****, wearing bras, competing with men. Because they were born with a ***** even though they no longer have one. That makes zero sense.

I'd rather see all sports open up to all genders. No more male teams and female teams. People can be on the teams selected on the merits of their abilities rather than what reproductive organs they were born with, or currently have. Yes, men are typically taller than women. But the average "random tall guy" still can't play basketball as well as the "tall chick with the full 4-year basketball scholarship at UConn."

And many of those college basketball men can't hold a candle to some of the Women Huskies.

So pick your teams with men, women, transgender, cisgender, nonbinary, whatever. If they can do the job, then they're on the team.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

If a person's chromosomes are XY, he is biologically a male and should only be allowed to compete against other males, no matter the surgeries, hormones, clothing he chooses to wear and so on. It is not fair to let him compete against biological females having XX chromosomes. It is that simple.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-11-2023, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If a person's chromosomes are XY, he is biologically a male and should only be allowed to compete against other males, no matter the surgeries, hormones, clothing he chooses to wear and so on. It is not fair to let him compete against biological females having XX chromosomes. It is that simple.
And if a person's chromosomes are XX, she is biologically a female and should be allowed to compete against other females, no matter the surgeries, hormones, clothing she chooses to wear and so on. It's not fair to let her compete against biological males having XY chromosomes. It's that simple.

Good luck with that for womens' basketball, baseball, and hockey teams. That transgender male being forced to play on womens' teams because he has XX chromosomes is gonna clean up.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
And if a person's chromosomes are XX, she is biologically a female and should be allowed to compete against other females, no matter the surgeries, hormones, clothing she chooses to wear and so on. It's not fair to let her compete against biological males having XY chromosomes. It's that simple.

Good luck with that for womens' basketball, baseball, and hockey teams. That transgender male being forced to play on womens' teams because he has XX chromosomes is gonna clean up.
What is it about the transition process do you think will allow a formerly-female body to now "clean up" against presently-female bodies? Does the transition process redefine bone and muscle structure in some way when going from female to male? The process certainly doesn't appear to redefine those structures when going from male to female.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
What is it about the transition process do you think will allow a formerly-female body to now "clean up" against presently-female bodies? Does the transition process redefine bone and muscle structure in some way when going from female to male? The process certainly doesn't appear to redefine those structures when going from male to female.
We may never know......................signed out after your post.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

I realize that logic is not everyone's forte, so I will try to help.

You are the only person I have ever heard state "It's not fair to let her compete against biological males having XY chromosomes."

I think there is a very simple and logical reason why no one else has stated that.

In fact, if a transgender man is receiving hormone therapy (also known as performance enhancing drugs) that person should not be allowed to compete against biological women. She can cut off or add whatever body parts she wants, she can dress in any way she wants. But if she is taking testosterone, that is PEDs, and that should disqualify her from competing against biological females.

You can TRY to twist this any way you want. You can try to assign negative intent of hatred or discrimination all you want. But you are wrong. The basis for this whole discussion is fairness of competion. If you have an unfair advantage based on biology or testosterone therapy, you do not get to compete against those who do not have that unfair advantage.

Last edited by Cybersprings; 05-11-2023 at 09:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
compete, women, transgender, lightweight, boxer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.