The Big Con

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2020, 05:14 AM

The agenda is clear. Corporate America has now stepped up to the tune of 3/4billion dollars to all of these black non-profits.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:33 AM

Facts don't matter to non-thinkers and radical liberals. Teaching personal, critical thinking is becoming non-existent in today's academia, and slowly but surely is being replaced by lemmings or "useful idiots". Many young people without proper direction from home are begging the questions: "what should I do?", "what should I say?", "how should I act?" What's more scary is we already have a generation of lemmings begetting lemmings.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:45 AM
Default Video is excellent

Thank you for the video link. Very informative. Many men giving their perspective. As Denzel Washington states, it all starts with the family.

My six year old grandson has no idea what color his friend is, what ethnicity or religion he might be. He just knows he likes his friend, they like to do things together.
Maybe we can learn from our grandchildren. It is their future we should be trying to build.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I watch very little news these days because it's all negative and much is absurd. But the local Orlando news came on tonight after the golf tournament and stayed tuned for a short while. I see there are still demonstrations going on in Orlando and I assume other cities as well. What I couldn't figure out is what these people want? There were a lot of Black Lives Matter signs and some saying No Justice, No Peace.
I agree. Black lives matter. Now what. But the ones that really confuse me are the ones calling for justice. The cop that killed the guy in Minneapolis along with several of his fellow officers are in jail awaiting trial. What else would they like to see happen in that case.
The have arrested the perpetrator, charged him with a crime and will be
bringing him the trial. That is justice.
All of these calls for defunding police departments is nonsense. Politicians that who are agreeing with it are simply pandering for votes. It will never happen.
So I'm asking, what has to happen to get these people to stop these demonstrations?
A fat check, free housing, free food and drugs.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryc7878 View Post
Thank you for the video link. Very informative. Many men giving their perspective. As Denzel Washington states, it all starts with the family.

My six year old grandson has no idea what color his friend is, what ethnicity or religion he might be. He just knows he likes his friend, they like to do things together.
Maybe we can learn from our grandchildren. It is their future we should be trying to build.

Exactly.

Hate, racism, bigotry and prejudice aren't born with our children...it's totally taught.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb1950 View Post
Facts don't matter to non-thinkers and radical liberals. Teaching personal, critical thinking is becoming non-existent in today's academia, and slowly but surely is being replaced by lemmings or "useful idiots". Many young people without proper direction from home are begging the questions: "what should I do?", "what should I say?", "how should I act?" What's more scary is we already have a generation of lemmings begetting lemmings.
Lemmings can be found on both sides of the spectrum. Don't even have to look that hard.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:03 AM

to the contrary...stats show many of the inner city children (white, brown or black) are born out of wedlock. No divorce necessary. Some of the children never know who their fathers are. The fathers roam the streets impregnating women and shirk their fatherly duties. They know the government (or gangs like The Crips and MS 13) will take care of raising their mistakes.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I will retract any of this if just one person can show me just one solid and useable suggestion or idea that has been brought forward from our social leaders, the churches, law enforcements, political leaders, community activists, etc.etc. What
we have seen are meaningless slogans, labels, pontifications, etc etc. Does this sound familiar, "we need reform, we need to defund police, we need to take action, we need to recognize the errors of the past, and so many etc.'s it's not worth writing them down. There is a reason for this. It is too complicated a problem and so broad, the screamers for change, actions, etc are just not smart enough to try to provide concrete plans. All they know is how to generate riots, discontent, protests etc and pretend to help control them with "LABELS". Where do you start with the complications that brought theses terrible problem(s) to our door. This is not a one
plan or solution fits all. A detailed plan has to be brought forwards that addresses
the years of neglect of the plight of the black person, the years of raising children with the psychology that they are entitled, the build up of crime in the housing projects because of the failure to have a solid 2 parent family, the schooling system
both k-12 and College and Universities who have neglected to participate in the
need to assist to correct past abuses, a long range plan that can be applied to ensure
the action plans continue to be promoted. These are just a smattering of the need
for detail plans to disrupt the on going black issues. It is a disgrace that we have not
seen a single detailed plan to go after the many issues to solve the complicated needs of this community of people. I am personally sick of the label's and want to see the details behind the meaningless labels.
Another white person pointing out how black people should be.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:20 AM

There isn't a real plan. Personally, I believe that there will be no progress until both sides of the issue come to the table with concrete proposals of what each will give as well as take. I don't believe you can legislate this, nor force a one-sided solution down anyone's throat. I think the current over-the-top acquiescence by politicians in and out of Congress is only to save their jobs in this election year, and to ingratiate the population they are heavily courting. Celebrities busy trying to portray their superior moral authority with their nonsense yapping about what they are gonna do (nothing, but donate money that they need to write off as charity for taxes anyway) may fool some because a 'name' is attached to their cause... see if it puts food on your plate. I believe we missed out on a big opportunity to have the races more fully integrate at the childhood level in schools, 50 years ago, when you-know-who joined with the segregationists in supporting stopping busing for that purpose. Those who went through that experience have fared much better in jobs and even health, than their counterparts who didn't get that opportunity to get to know others in everyday interactions and get a more solid education. So - bottom line, I think the current method of trying to solve this is only creating even more hate and discontent where it was and creating it where it wasn't. I for one am very angry that I can't buy a copy of the Oscar winning movie Gone With the Wind on Amazon, but I can buy a DVD called All Cops are Bastards. (just a very small example that I thought I could give without getting into anything heavy). No offense intended to anyone, we all have our own opinions and though we may not agree - it's okay, I still enjoy living here and have very much enjoyed being away (for the most part) from the overwhelming political nonsense I lived in, in DC. It's much less stressful here!
Old 06-14-2020, 06:23 AM
Default Staying Married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
So stay married...regardless?

Now THAT is REALLY...

Fighting Parents (click here)
Staying married is not the issue here. 75% don’t even consider getting married.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:23 AM

Know God, know peace. No God, no peace.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

a majority of single parents with children or however white on social welfare
Old 06-14-2020, 06:25 AM

I'm told that bookstores have not been looted.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

[QUOTE=ColdNoMore;1783776]What do you expect, when privileged whites are given much lighter sentences or let off...for the same things in which blacks are prosecuted & incarcerated?

Or do you think it's just a coincidence, that 70% of those cleared by DNA in the 'Innocence Project' are minorities...and 63% are black?

Innocence Project (click here)

[SIZE="3"]
Simply a coincidence?

Not a coincidence at all. When you have one group committing most of the crimes, then the majority to be exonerated by DNA evidence will be that same group.

Here's an example: You have two groups of people. Group A is convicted of committing 20% of all crimes and group B is convicted 80% of all crimes. We know that some of those convictions were wrong because the justice system nor human beings are not perfect. So we find that 5% of those convictions are overturned by DNA evidence. 80% of those overturned conviction are from group B.

The other thing here is what percentage of convictions in this country are overturned by DNA evidence? I couldn't find that but since 1989 there have been 367 conviction overturned by DNA evidence.

That doesn't seem like a large enough sample size to determine anything.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:49 AM
Default Thought to think about

When all the statues are gone, all the names have been changed of military bases and streets are done the last thing to remind us of slavery will be the constitution written by slave owners...what will we do?
Closed Thread

Tags
labels, plan, brought, plans, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.