Calling Someone A Nazi

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Calling someone a Nazi because you don't like their political/social/personal beliefs totally diminishes what Nazis and Nazi Germany was like and reflects the name caller's lack of intelligence and wilfull ignorance. I have read numerous books by holocaust survivors, watched many, many documentaries on the holocaust and have personally visited the Dachau death camp. There is no way a person can understand how brutal and savage it was unless they lived it. I know I can only imagine what it was like.

In one book I read it told of how the Sonderkommando, death camp prisoners in work groups that were forced with threats of their own death to dispose of gas chamber victims, would take live babies that survived the gas and swing them by the feet smashing their heads against a post killing them. It was either this or throw a live baby into the ovens. I can go on with other stories like this but I hope you get the point.

If I were a death camp surviving Jew, a Gypsy, a homosexual, or a political prisoner it would seriously anger me to see the name Nazi used just for political character assassination against a person who is nothing like a Nazi.
Thank you.....I couldn’t agree with you more. A TV show “Station 19” compared US ICE to that of the Nazi. Have not watch the show since because it is beyond unresponsible for a TV show to make such a statement.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I understand your point of view, but not all nazis killed people. It was an ideology that led a nation to believe in white christian supremacy. That ideology sure is present in many a racist American.
For anyone to say that Nazism reflected "white Christian supremacy" is woefully misinformed.

It's well known that Adolph Hitler hated Christianity, Catholicism in particular. By contrast, it's also common knowledge that Hitler greatly admired Islam specifically for its militant fighting spirit.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
I understand your point of view, but not all nazis killed people. It was an ideology that led a nation to believe in white christian supremacy. That ideology sure is present in many a racist American.
They were all responsible for the holocaust, they supported the government that did the killing. Germans who lived in the city of Dachau claimed they knew nothing about what happened in the camp. BS, trains brought thousands of people into the camp but nobody questioned where they went because no trains took people away. The chimneys spewed black smoke with a burnt flesh odor daily. The camp was ringed with electrified barbed wire fences at least 12' high.

I do understand why many who disagreed with the regime didn't say anything. If they did they got an all expense paid vacation to the local concentration camp.

Nazism had no religion, they espoused an Aryan superiority over lesser races but they weren't Christian. The only thing religious about the holocaust was the Nazis hatred of Judaism and the people who practiced it. The Nazi leadership was either agnostic or atheist. In many countries you see elected leaders doing photo ops at a church but I've never read or seen anything similar by a Nazi leader. Hitler was definitely an atheist.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 AM

I don't think anyone survived Zyklon B to have that happen. There was one incident of a teen girl who must have been pressed against the floor and was still alive. The SK went to the SS to ask if she could be spared. The response was they would spare her being gassed again, but would receive a shot in the back of the head. Normally they would pack the chamber and throw those too small to stand on top of the standees...,its all in the book by some guy named Schlomo...
Old 07-05-2020, 11:04 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
I don't think anyone survived Zyklon B to have that happen. There was one incident of a teen girl who must have been pressed against the floor and was still alive. The SK went to the SS to ask if she could be spared. The response was they would spare her being gassed again, but would receive a shot in the back of the head. Normally they would pack the chamber and throw those too small to stand on top of the standees...,its all in the book by some guy named Schlomo...
There were many death camps in Europe during the war, what happened at one camp may not have happened at another. The author of the book was a Sonderkommando in one camp who described what he and other members had to do.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,749 Posts

During the Progrom the Jewish families were round up and had to march down the street to the train station, my mother went outside to watch. A little child was carrying an apple. She dropped it and it rolled away. As the child reached for it a Nazi soldier kicked it away. My mother picked up the apple and handed it back to the child. The soldier struck my mother with his rifle because she did that.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlbonivich View Post
I have been calling a racist numerous times because I support the President. Unfortunately the left can not articulate an argument and since history is no longer taught in school, they do not know what they are saying.
I have been called sexist because I didn't support Hilary Clinton and racist because I didn't support Obama. It's not about race or sex, it's about political ideology. I would vote for Condoleezza Rice in a heartbeat if she was running for president.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I have been called sexist because I didn't support Hilary Clinton and racist because I didn't support Obama. It's not about race or sex, it's about political ideology. I would vote for Condoleezza Rice in a heartbeat if she was running for president.
Unfortunately for us and fortunate for her is that she is too smart to open herself up to the anal probe the opposition and media will use to find anything to use against her.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:15 PM

This is history........ NAZI"s are history, YES A VERY BAD PART OF IT....... While everyone seems to be trying to obliterate HISTORY... TRY LEARNING FROM IT....... Remember .. if you vote stupid you get stupid..try ignoring stupid for a little bit longer...
Old 07-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Some years ago I attended a P-61 Reunion of WWII crews or their survivors families. At my dinner table of 8 was a German who was a Luftwaffe night fighter. He was given honorary status of the group since he did the same role as the Americans. We got into a discussion and he made it clear he was not a Nazi but he was a German. One did not need to belong to the the "party" to fight for your Country. He had a disdain for Nazi's. What hurt him the most was that for many years all Germans were considered Nazi's. What was impressive, at least to me, was the acceptance of both sides by both sides. Not sure if anyone saw the 50th reunion at Gettysburg where Confederate and Union soldiers were shaking hands and breaking bread together. I also had the opportunity back in the 80's to be at Pearl Harbor listening to both Americans who were there during the attack and Japanese who were attacking sitting together and talking about what happened that day from both perspectives. Seems those that serve sometimes have a different perspective then those that report it.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-05-2020, 05:55 PM

Read the newspapers. A clear and unfetid mind will always find the truth.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisR View Post
You can't deny the truth. Leadership has responsibilities. One is honesty. Another is freedom of speech. Restrain or manipulate either and one begins to mimic Nazi leadership philosophy.
You have got to be kidding.....that description, regardless of who you are describing does not deserve to be called a Nazi, nor any other derogative name. You need to go back to school and study your history.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
No, not many. Some are good at suggesting and convincing that it is many. But, the truth is that there are very few. Besides, even though I have known a few racially biased individuals, not one of them ever suggested ill will toward anyone, and not one of them treated anyone different due to their color. So, it is possible for some to be "racists" and be better human beings than many hypocrites that I have known throughout my life. Some of us were raised to be color blind and treat everyone as we would wish to be treated.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
They were all responsible for the holocaust, they supported the government that did the killing. Germans who lived in the city of Dachau claimed they knew nothing about what happened in the camp. BS, trains brought thousands of people into the camp but nobody questioned where they went because no trains took people away. The chimneys spewed black smoke with a burnt flesh odor daily. The camp was ringed with electrified barbed wire fences at least 12' high.

I do understand why many who disagreed with the regime didn't say anything. If they did they got an all expense paid vacation to the local concentration camp.

Nazism had no religion, they espoused an Aryan superiority over lesser races but they weren't Christian. The only thing religious about the holocaust was the Nazis hatred of Judaism and the people who practiced it. The Nazi leadership was either agnostic or atheist. In many countries you see elected leaders doing photo ops at a church but I've never read or seen anything similar by a Nazi leader. Hitler was definitely an atheist.
Thank you for clarification. I stand corrected!
Old 07-06-2020, 08:47 AM

I grew up in Germany and talked with many men who served in the wermach. Most deserted after the refused to execute POW.
Closed Thread

Tags
nazi, death, camp, calling, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.