The CDC, Believe Them Or Not?

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2020, 09:41 PM
John41

I trust the CDC but they are not infalable. What is remarkable are the three vaccines in phase three trials in record time thanks to the government funding and partnership with drug companies.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:00 AM

Indeed. Remember that unelected bureaucrats are everywhere in the government. Some are political animals that can influence what you see and hear. Didn't used to be like that but it's the world we live in now. I'm for a smaller government just for that reason. JMHO
Old 09-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bing is the search engine from MSN. I brought up lots of information that appears to come to similar conclusions, no matter from what news network, source or wire.

Most Americans believe that the media is not trustworthy. Well over half of Americans believe that.

I invite you to use the search engine of your choice. The same conclusions will be found.
You didn't bring up "lots of information." You didn't bring up any information at all. You brought up a list of over 54 million website links. That is what search engines do. They don't do anything else. They bring up links based on whatever you type in the search buffer. The links will be whatever websites contain the words you typed in. They typically will show up in the order of popularity.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:49 PM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klatu View Post
CDC has a new report that calls into question the whole basis for the COVID pandemic/panic strategies and control mechanisms that have been implemented. It's time to consider if the "experts" really knew enough to tell us what to do and also, was this illness more of a question of power politics than public health? Have we been conned by those who seek greater control, not greater safety?

The CDC report lists 8 serious health problems/conditions that make COVID more lethal, especially if you have 2 or more of them:
Cancer
Chronic Kidney Disease
COPD
Immunocompromised state from organ transplant
Obesity (BMI 30 or higher)
Serious heart condition
Sickle cell disease
Type 2 diabetes
Patients with these conditions account for 94% of deaths. Was Covid a factor: most likely, I would think. Did it kill them? Not on its own, it didn't.
So questions arise from this: are lockdowns of people who do not have these conditions justified?

Should the young, the healthy (of any age) who are not suffering from these conditions be kept from schools, restaurants, sporting events, cruises, airline flights, dancing in the squares, taking bus trips together, assembling in church, etc? If they should kept away, why? After all, if they contract the illness, they are very, very unlikely to die from it and may have only a mild case.

Now there are those who have a political interest in keeping everything locked down and forcing everyone to vote by mail. For everyone else, consider these two events:

Memorial Day weekend. Lake of the Ozarks. Hundreds of thousands of people came to the Ozarks. Lots of young folks at the lakes, in pools, unmasked, partying. Camden county at center of it. Fauci warned of danger. Predictions of thousands of infections and spreaders taking them back to the states they came from. Media and "experts" outraged, wringing hands, predicting death and misery. Result: perhaps one or two cases. No thousands of infections. No spreading of disease. Why? Outdoors for a lot of it, folks were young and healthy and it is was a bust for the doomsayers.
Memorial Day Lake of the Ozarks crowd reportedly led to no new COVID-19 cases

Second case. Sturgis Bike Rally in South Dakota. Over 460,000 motorcyclists came through town August 7-16. Once again, the "experts" warned of massive infections, spread throughout the upper Midwest afterwards. Should have been cancelled, they said. It's extremely reckless to bring that many people together, especially since that is a group that will not take kindly to mask Nazi's haranguing them about not wearing protective gear.
Result? A couple of dozen cases.

COVID cases linked to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally traced to three states

So I think we need less fear and more confidence. Enjoy life!!!
Way more then a couple of dozen cases. Couple of hundred is more like it. I’ll will go up. Why are colleagues closing two weeks after opening?

Use you brain for a second. You have diabetes and then get COVID and die. If you did not have the COVID you probably would not have dies. If you have a heart condition and die of cancer, you die of cancer. How much you want to believe about the lethality of the disease depends on your political leaning. Ohther countries have double digit deaths per day. The us has the highest? Why? Because people here want to politicize it and see not wearing a mask as a statement of freedom, not as a totally irresponsible social act.
I watched a program on what other country felt when they saw the news from the USA.....mass graves, crowds without masks, people crowded on beaches. They were horrified. As they should be. As we should be.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:04 AM
Sage

Mass graves? Really? If you are referring to Hart Island in New York, it has been used for over 100 years as a burial site for the unclaimed deceased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Way more then a couple of dozen cases. Couple of hundred is more like it. I’ll will go up. Why are colleagues closing two weeks after opening?

Use you brain for a second. You have diabetes and then get COVID and die. If you did not have the COVID you probably would not have dies. If you have a heart condition and die of cancer, you die of cancer. How much you want to believe about the lethality of the disease depends on your political leaning. Ohther countries have double digit deaths per day. The us has the highest? Why? Because people here want to politicize it and see not wearing a mask as a statement of freedom, not as a totally irresponsible social act.
I watched a program on what other country felt when they saw the news from the USA.....mass graves, crowds without masks, people crowded on beaches. They were horrified. As they should be. As we should be.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You didn't bring up "lots of information." You didn't bring up any information at all. You brought up a list of over 54 million website links. That is what search engines do. They don't do anything else. They bring up links based on whatever you type in the search buffer. The links will be whatever websites contain the words you typed in. They typically will show up in the order of popularity.
Yes I did so that people can see that there IS lots of information on this subject or any subject for that matter. It was an attempt to stay out of "hot water" and an attempt to show that there are many many sources and opinions on this subject. Do NOT let this white hair fool you. I "get" how it works and I made a statement with throwing the very wide and varied responses out there.

Just to remind you. You and I are on the same page with our support of the CDC. The NIH and Science in general. Why the New York Attitude???
Old 09-04-2020, 06:08 AM

It's counted as a Covid death because if you had'nt contracted Covid you would still be alive!!
Old 09-04-2020, 06:21 AM

Agree!!
Old 09-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes I did so that people can see that there IS lots of information on this subject or any subject for that matter. It was an attempt to stay out of "hot water" and an attempt to show that there are many many sources and opinions on this subject. Do NOT let this white hair fool you. I "get" how it works and I made a statement with throwing the very wide and varied responses out there.

Just to remind you. You and I are on the same page with our support of the CDC. The NIH and Science in general. Why the New York Attitude???
Because it's considered rude to respond to a question with a search engine result. It's only somewhat less snarky than posting a LMGTFY result. And since I know you are not usually intentionally rude, it seemed like you were just oblivious to the netiquette of it all.

Next time, you could just suggest they use their preferred search engine and check it themselves. Unless you're trying to point out how ignorant THEY are for not doing that in the first place?
Old 09-04-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Because it's considered rude to respond to a question with a search engine result. It's only somewhat less snarky than posting a LMGTFY result. And since I know you are not usually intentionally rude, it seemed like you were just oblivious to the netiquette of it all.

Next time, you could just suggest they use their preferred search engine and check it themselves. Unless you're trying to point out how ignorant THEY are for not doing that in the first place?
Can you direct me to the link for these Emily Post of the internet guidelines? Perhaps it is the same one who gives me new words like microagressions and new ethics like it's naughty to say that ALL LIVES MATTER?

Is it rude to use a search engine result for general information response? - Bing

Or as is often said in Ohio; "Who sez?"

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-04-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Default CDC not Biased?

Quote:
The CDC is not a political organization. It is not supposed to have a side. If you read reports ABOUT the CDC's reports and data, then sure - you'll absolutely see bias, information cherry-picked to suit an agenda.

But if you go to the CDC website and look at the actual data itself, there should be zero bias. It should represent facts. As many as possible and wherever an estimate or interpretation is made, it should be clearly stated as such.
The FBI was supposed to not be biased. How did that work out for Trump!
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, cdc, deaths, power, article

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.