CDC director "our data from the CDC -- vaccinated people do not carry the virus"

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2021, 06:34 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteone View Post
Vaccinated individuals could still get COVID from unvaccinated people spreading it.
No they cannot.

Anyone who has been fully vaccinated and is not in that 4% group, cannot get, or give, the virus at all.

But nobody knows who is in that 4% group..
Old 04-03-2021, 06:38 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I don't know the names of any of the 3,950 people in the study that prompted this thread and therefore I don't know the names of the 44 who became infected after being vaccinated... but they exist.
Nobody on here does, for sure. But 44 out of the possible 158 means that nearly a third of the vulnerable got infected.

That is why we get vaccinated - to keep that number low.

158 is 4% of the total, and the expected number where the vaccine is ineffective...
Old 04-03-2021, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Not true!

huh?
Old 04-03-2021, 06:53 AM

Amazing! We have so many epidemiologists on this site! Cool!

Hmmmm...... I think the original post asked something about why Fauci was saying everyone should just wear a mask even after fully vaccinated?

Fauci should have never ever been assigned to this in the first place....... and history will show what a mistake it was to appoint and retain someone like this to this problem - when we have so many wonderful experts and thought-leaders in premier institutions around the world - current and practicing experts that are so much better at communicating and fostering trust......

Seriously, if I was in charge - I would have never appointed or retained him - and I doubt if I would have even considered consulting him - especially with his conflicting advice. Why do people and leaders think he is the ‘end all’ and ‘know all’? Heck - I wouldn’t even want his advice if he made a house call for no charge. If he is the one and only expert on the face of the earth ..... we are doomed - and getting a vaccine or wearing masks really will make no difference.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:03 AM

If you add in the people who already were sick from the WuFlu, those who had it and didn’t get sick, those who naturally fight it off, % of people who are carriers drops dramatically. It’s over control freaks.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:05 AM

Maintain public fear and control! Period.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:07 AM

Rochelle is out of her league.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:14 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I'm CONFUSED. So if we get the vaccine (we have) WHY does Fauci and others STILL insist that we must wear masks (two), restrict travel and other activities etc etc. EVEN with SCIENCE apparently countering with scientific data - clinical trials and real-world data - HER WORDS. What ?????

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in a new interview celebrated data suggesting that those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 largely "do not carry the virus."

CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Monday that "our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus" or get sick.

"It's not just in the clinical trials, but it's also in real-world data," she added.

Her comments seemed to be in reference to a CDC study released earlier on Monday that examined Moderna's and Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccines and found that in real-world conditions, they reduced the risk of infection by 90 percent two or more weeks after the second dose was administered. The CDC said the study demonstrated that the vaccines "can reduce both asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections."

Though Walensky expressed optimism over this finding and said "we can kind of almost see the end" of the pandemic based on the rate of vaccinations in the United States, she also reiterating her concern about COVID-19 cases ticking up.

"What I really would hate to have happen is to have another oncoming surge just as we're reaching towards getting so many more people vaccinated," she said.

Walensky had previously expressed similar concerns on Monday about a potential fourth surge in COVID-19 cases, saying in a briefing she has a feeling "of impending doom" while urging Americans to "please hold on a little while longer."

CDC director: Data suggests vaccinated people largely 'do not carry the virus'

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...185100232.html
Because no one knows who is vaccinated and who isnt. We dont wear signs around our neck. Plus, just because youre vaccinated doesnt mean you cant get the virus or be a carrier. It just means you will get a milder case. Just wear your mask and distance as required and it saves all the debating about it
Old 04-03-2021, 07:32 AM

Just follow Dr. Fauci. He'll straighten it all out for you.............
Old 04-03-2021, 07:45 AM

90% of the population being vaccinated is never going to happen.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:54 AM

That’s not fake news. The fact is that the vaccines are experimental and we are lab rats to an extent due to the limited testing done and the lack of FDA approval for the vaccines. Personal choice as to whether or not to get vaccinated, and those who choose not to get vaccinated point to the lack of data testing and long term effects. That’s their choice.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
OK, fine, tell me what your point is.
My point is that the J&J is being touted as the "one and done" vaccine. OK, I get that BUT.......the Moderna and Pfizer can ALSO BE ONE AND DONE vaccines and they STILL have a better efficacies than the J&J vaccine and only one shot.

The only reason that I can see for anyone to get the J&J vaccine is if that person is leery of the mRNA technology of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. As for J&J being the "one and done" vaccine, that should not be a part of the equation because the Moderna and Pfizer can also be one and done with a BETTER efficacy than the J&J.

Hope that makes my point clearer.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblue View Post
Any idea what percent of the virus is attached to the moisture droplets? Any idea what percent of moisture droplets escape around a mask? I wore a mask in the operating room for around 38 years and had to tape the mask to the bridge of my nose to prevent my glasses from fogging. The fogging due to my breath. Not to mention moisture droplets that escape around the sides or bottom of the mask. OK trapping some of the virus in the mask is a very good thing, no argument there,
but what happens when you are done with the mask, most just place it in their purse, pocket or console of the car to be re-used over and over. Sorry I don’t have much faith in non N-95 masks that are properly fitted. Re-used masks could spread the virus and who uses a new properly fitted mask every time?
I see your point but a mask is still better than no mask no matter how you slice it. BTW, my mask never fogs my glasses and I do not wear an N95 mask. It is up to the person who is doing the best they can to keep their germs to themselves to wear a mask that does not have gaps all over the place. It is also mindful of people to wear their mask properly over their nose and mouth. Leaving the nose exposed when wearing a mask is like thumbing their nose at the world. Why bother?

All my opinion, of course.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
And you are responding to someone else quoting misinformation?

That kind of an attitude results in fatalities. Please cease and desist with the fake news.

And those that have done their homework - over 56million in the US so far, are doing just fine without those conspiracy theory comments..

And, please quote sources if you make wild and outlandish claims ...
Lab animals dying from experiments? Well, isn't that what lab animals are for? They are the true guinea pigs. It doesn't bother me in the least if lab animals were harmed or died during experiments to develop any medication or vaccine. That is their job. PETA will probably hate me for saying that but it is true.

Let the lab animals die in development of life saving medications and vaccines so human beings can LIVE. That is the order of life as I see it.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Nobody on here does, for sure. But 44 out of the possible 158 means that nearly a third of the vulnerable got infected.

That is why we get vaccinated - to keep that number low.

158 is 4% of the total, and the expected number where the vaccine is ineffective...
But, that 158 that did contract Covid after being fully vaccinated did not experience severe symptoms and require hospitalization and did not die. That is my understanding of the efficacy rating of 94% with Moderna and 95% with Pfizer in the trials.

Am I understanding those efficacy ratings incorrectly?

Tags
cdc, data, vaccinated, walensky, covid-19

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.