CDC director "our data from the CDC -- vaccinated people do not carry the virus"

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2021, 06:48 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Ummmm - No thank you. My body, my choice. Ask the pro-abortion crowd.
Abortion is infanticide - or murder. We're not going there.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Actually, it’s 40 and over, going to 16 and over April 7th. Two weeks ago it was incredibly easy to get a vaccine. Signup at saferestart, signup at myvaccine.fl.gov, call your doctor, login to Publix at 7am Mon, wed, fri. Scan availability at Winn Dixie, Walmart, Sam’s Club, CVS, Walgreens. Lots of options.

Yes, 5 more days and everyone can get appointments for shots. If they don't that's on them. I don't think we need to mask up after people have had the chance to get their shots.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

We are all going to die from something. Scared? No I am always prepared.

I got mine because the govern are going to take control of what we can and can't do. Only a matter of time we will look like the old WW2 movies, show me your papers, before you go anywhere.

After a year of govern control it is getting old listening to all their misleading information.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
jswirs
Since when is it the responsibility of society in general to inconvenience themselves to protect others. Those who are vulnerable or afraid need to protect themselves, and not rely on others to protect them. This constant whining of "it's your responsibility to protect me" did not exist decades ago. If you have a problem, get it solved yourself, don't expect all of society to change their lifestyle to protect you.
As I remember learning in school about the early 1940's a whole bunch of people decided that they would take on the responsibility of protecting others even at some risk to themselves. And a whole lot of people who couldn't go that whole route were willing to change their lifestyle for the common good even at a lot of personal inconvenience. In that historical event about 400,000 American's died and pretty much all the rest were thankful that others acted "to protect me" And yes it was decades ago.

This conflict has killed more Americans and the little inconvenience asked of those at home is to wear a darn mask, social distance, and when eligible get a couple shots and still you bitch and moan about such a little act for the common good

I'll still inconvenience myself to let an ambulance pass me even though it only helps protect somebody else from harm. I'll still cover my cough to protect others. Civil society should expect that. Some of us understand that some problems are best solved not by the individual and in fact require all of us to maximize success. But you do you.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
I applaud your reasoning, with one small caveat. Once you've had shot number 2 and the requisite time has passed, you are no longer a danger (if you ever really were). So wearing a mask is simply to make others feel better, not to provide any level of protection.

The truly selfish are those that refuse to get the vaccine and except other to protect them. Now that Florida is hitting the 40+ age group eligibility, the danger within the villages has gone to NIL since everyone in TV who want the vaccine has gotten it.

I went to WalMart, Publix, and CVS and it was a walk up. All had the vaccine available with no lines.
Actually, I expect my own immune system to protect me. I don't give a **** whether you or anyone else gets the vaccine as it has no value to me.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra Freeman View Post
Because people are getting ill from variants of Covid after being vaccinated. The stats are not in as to why this is happening but it’s been all over the news.
And their own immune systems can't protect them from the variants as it has been compromised by the Moderna / Pfizer vaccines. Those who took the J&J / Astra Zeneca vaccines (or no vaccine) still have a chance to protect, boost and rely upon their own immune systems for the tsunami of variants heading our way. Don't be a lemming.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
"I really think that Darwin will weed out those that refuse the vaccine and we'll be left with those that survived."

...I really think that those that have received the vaccine may, at some time in the future, be weeded out by some virus variant because their natural immune system was compromised by the vaccine, and we'll be left with those healthy folks with a robust immune system that did not need, nor want, the vaccine.[/QUOTE]

What do you know? Another critical thinker paying attention to real scientists and not swallowing everything they hear from Fauci / CDC. Turn off CNN folks.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Well said Coffee bean... says it all. However remember, the "entitled", me first every else I dont care about. Also Florida has a governor ruled by the mighty dollar.. he does not want folk to need a passport to come to Florida and spend money. He will refuse Vaccine Passports to us all. How dare he, if we, vaccinated folk, want to travel abroad and must have a VP fine, but if he refuses to let Floridians have one he is stopping me seeing my family, when I am regarded as low risk. He, who hid is Covid Virus bout from us all.....
He didn't say you couldn't have a passport. He said that Florida businesses will not be allowed to REQUIRE a passport to enter buildings or obtain products / services. Take your passport and use it to go outside FL.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:05 AM
Gold member

There is a lot of misinformation and missed information out there. No one is talking about or even concerned about the long term effects of the vaccine! No one has a clue and that’s scary especially since they are not true vaccines. If you are interested in some medical options that are not Dr Fauci brainwashed check out Dr Mercola’s new letter. At least you will be educated and have various opinions.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:09 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
Yes, 5 more days and everyone can get appointments for shots. If they don't that's on them. I don't think we need to mask up after people have had the chance to get their shots.
Agreed. Even with the extremely slight possibility of contracting the virus after vaccination, there are less than 10 worldwide that have died after inoculation. Nearly every positive Covid test after inoculation was the result of someone having the test down for another reason than symptoms.

We can can only contribute our part to herd immunity by getting the vaccine. Those who decline must be responsible for their own health. We should not be forced to change our lifestyle or comfort for those who decline to do so.

Last edited by Tmarkwald; 04-02-2021 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Abortion is infanticide - or murder. We're not going there.
I agree. Hate it. I was just highlighting the hypocrisy of many who do support abortion with phrases like "my body, my choice", yet insist that I (and about 1/3 of the population) not have that same choice when declining to be vaccinated.

They will say I am selfish and putting others at risk. Yet, abortion does not risk a life - it actually takes one.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:13 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default One word

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I'm CONFUSED. So if we get the vaccine (we have) WHY does Fauci and others STILL insist that we must wear masks (two), restrict travel and other activities etc etc. EVEN with SCIENCE apparently countering with scientific data - clinical trials and real-world data - HER WORDS. What ?????

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in a new interview celebrated data suggesting that those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 largely "do not carry the virus."

CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Monday that "our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus" or get sick.

"It's not just in the clinical trials, but it's also in real-world data," she added.

Her comments seemed to be in reference to a CDC study released earlier on Monday that examined Moderna's and Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccines and found that in real-world conditions, they reduced the risk of infection by 90 percent two or more weeks after the second dose was administered. The CDC said the study demonstrated that the vaccines "can reduce both asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections."

Though Walensky expressed optimism over this finding and said "we can kind of almost see the end" of the pandemic based on the rate of vaccinations in the United States, she also reiterating her concern about COVID-19 cases ticking up.

"What I really would hate to have happen is to have another oncoming surge just as we're reaching towards getting so many more people vaccinated," she said.

Walensky had previously expressed similar concerns on Monday about a potential fourth surge in COVID-19 cases, saying in a briefing she has a feeling "of impending doom" while urging Americans to "please hold on a little while longer."

CDC director: Data suggests vaccinated people largely 'do not carry the virus'

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...185100232.html
CONTROL! How far will we let them control us, "the science" notwithstanding?
Old 04-02-2021, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john41 View Post
the next surge is coming over the unprotected southern border. The covid infection rate there is 10% with the deadly brazilian variant found also. But fauci said he can’t comment on the border because he doesn’t know anything about it.
bingo!
Old 04-02-2021, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
There is a lot of misinformation and missed information out there. No one is talking about or even concerned about the long term effects of the vaccine! No one has a clue and that’s scary especially since they are not true vaccines. If you are interested in some medical options that are not Dr Fauci brainwashed check out Dr Mercola’s new letter. At least you will be educated and have various opinions.
First off, I'm not trusting a Herbal Medicine quack with my health.

Mercola.com - #1 Natural Health Website

And, the Covid 19 vaccines are very much 'true' vaccines.

Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
Old 04-02-2021, 07:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
I agree. Hate it. I was just highlighting the hypocrisy of many who do support abortion with phrases like "my body, my choice", yet insist that I (and about 1/3 of the population) not have that same choice when declining to be vaccinated.

They will say I am selfish and putting others at risk. Yet, abortion does not risk a life - it actually takes one.
Ok, I get the analogy!
Closed Thread

Tags
cdc, data, vaccinated, walensky, covid-19

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.