Charges against Scheffler to be dropped

Old 05-20-2024, 08:29 AM
Default Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Why does this not surprise me? White and celebrity privilege. So much for law and order. If he were black, brown or hispanic, I bet the charges wouldn't be dropped.
Why does everything have to be turned into a race thing? It is a celebrity thing and should have been hand slapped, then move along.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,361 Times in 2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I can see in a way why some people don’t like police, the news report I saw never said when they ask him to comply they never told him what they wanted him to comply with. The police never told him why they wanted him to get out of the car, or what he was there for, but on the other hand they were treating him like he did something wrong before he got told what was going on!
If there were emergency lights flashing I would expect any reasonable person to comply with all instructions by the first responders.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Why does this not surprise me? White and celebrity privilege. So much for law and order. If he were black, brown or hispanic, I bet the charges wouldn't be dropped.
Yes, like that time OJ Simpson got away with double murder.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhtexasrn View Post
Yes, like that time OJ Simpson got away with double murder.
In the case of celebrity…. Color is a non issue. If it had been a non celebrity who dragged a cop to the ground by not following the law, they’d still be in jail.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
So someone gets run over by a bus….. The tragic incident complicated the traffic situation for entering Valhalla Golf Club and caused the road to close in both directions, and Scheffler “refused to comply and accelerated forward” when Detective Bryan Gillis stopped the golfer to give instructions, according to the police report.

Gillis “suffered pain, swelling and abrasions to his left wrist and knee,” the report continued.

So this golfer guy is above the law because he golfs? Interesting that all of a sudden everyone is happy the officer was hurt during the golfers decision he was above the law. But YAY, he’s getting the charges dropped since he actually did do it. That seems fair.
Remember that Tiger Woods was not charged when he ran his vehicle down a dangerous road and ran it down a steep embankment. Thankfully Tiger was saved when he could have died or lost his leg. No charges were filed.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:12 AM
Gold member

Agree that in celebrity justice, it’s usually color blind. If you want to base your premise on PGA....I think Tiger , a recognizable figure to all, in the same scenario probably would’ve been spared the LPD Uber ride. No one disputes the fact that LPD didn’t know who they were arresting...and to SS credit (allegedly) didn’t name drop either. This thing is far from over.....the Tour date I’m assuming is contractual but if this lags on...could be in jeopardy
Old 05-20-2024, 09:42 AM

Where's ANTIFA when we need them....."Defund the Police".
Old 05-20-2024, 10:40 AM

There were supposedly two Officers involved, one ahead saying stop and another behind telling him to move not to block traffic
Old 05-20-2024, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
It certainly didn't take this long to devolve into a woke thread about racism. Some people live to feel offended
Old 05-20-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
So someone gets run over by a bus….. The tragic incident complicated the traffic situation for entering Valhalla Golf Club and caused the road to close in both directions, and Scheffler “refused to comply and accelerated forward” when Detective Bryan Gillis stopped the golfer to give instructions, according to the police report.

Gillis “suffered pain, swelling and abrasions to his left wrist and knee,” the report continued.

So this golfer guy is above the law because he golfs? Interesting that all of a sudden everyone is happy the officer was hurt during the golfers decision he was above the law. But YAY, he’s getting the charges dropped since he actually did do it. That seems fair.
More like a cop trying to get disability!
Old 05-20-2024, 03:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,893 Times in 3,709 Posts

NOTHING dropped.

Delayed until June.
Old 05-20-2024, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,077 Times in 4,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
NOTHING dropped.

Delayed until June.
How many times do I have to tell you not to confuse people with the facts😂😂😂
Old 05-20-2024, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:

Tell me you didn't read the reports about what actually happened without telling me you didn't read the reports...

Scheffler WAS TOLD to go around the traffic, just like every other person in an Official PGA Car, or who was working the event, was told to do...

He WAS following directions. That was until Detective Gillis (who wasn't on the traffic detail) decided to insert himself into the situation...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-20-2024, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
You mean like all of those "peaceful protestors", who beat cops, burned and looted businesses during the "Summer of Love" who had their charges dropped?

-Tom Petty
Old 05-20-2024, 05:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,152 Times in 576 Posts
Default Dropped? What about the June Arraignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
His arraignment is June 3rd. That doesn’t sound like dropped to me.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Tags
charges, scheffler, dropped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.