Charges against Scheffler to be dropped

Old 05-20-2024, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
If there were emergency lights flashing I would expect any reasonable person to comply with all instructions by the first responders.
Scheffler did just that. Those who were actually directing traffic told him (and anyone else who had legitimate business at Valhalla) to drive around the accident scene...

Detective Gillis decided to insert himself into the situation... Chaos ensued...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-20-2024, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Why does this not surprise me? White and celebrity privilege. So much for law and order. If he were black, brown or hispanic, I bet the charges wouldn't be dropped.
duplicate post...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-20-2024, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Agree that in celebrity justice, it’s usually color blind. If you want to base your premise on PGA....I think Tiger , a recognizable figure to all, in the same scenario probably would’ve been spared the LPD Uber ride. No one disputes the fact that LPD didn’t know who they were arresting...and to SS credit (allegedly) didn’t name drop either. This thing is far from over.....the Tour date I’m assuming is contractual but if this lags on...could be in jeopardy
The Official PGA Car should have given Det. Gillis a clue that he had business at Valhalla... The other officers (who were actually assigned to traffic control) had no problem figuring it out...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-21-2024, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
As of yesterday, the charges were not going to be dropped. His arraignment has been moved into June.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Why does this not surprise me? White and celebrity privilege. So much for law and order. If he were black, brown or hispanic, I bet the charges wouldn't be dropped.
Oh COME ON…….does everything need to be reduced to race????Thank you for adding to the problem.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
In the case of celebrity…. Color is a non issue. If it had been a non celebrity who dragged a cop to the ground by not following the law, they’d still be in jail.
Well since we don’t have a body cam to see EXACTLY what transpired……..opinions are like (you can Finnish)….and they ALL stink
Old 05-21-2024, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
So someone gets run over by a bus….. The tragic incident complicated the traffic situation for entering Valhalla Golf Club and caused the road to close in both directions, and Scheffler “refused to comply and accelerated forward” when Detective Bryan Gillis stopped the golfer to give instructions, according to the police report.

Gillis “suffered pain, swelling and abrasions to his left wrist and knee,” the report continued.

So this golfer guy is above the law because he golfs? Interesting that all of a sudden everyone is happy the officer was hurt during the golfers decision he was above the law. But YAY, he’s getting the charges dropped since he actually did do it. That seems fair.
So this cop is above physics? Any 10 yr.. old probably knows that you can't stop a moving car by grabbing the door handle.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I can see in a way why some people don’t like police, the news report I saw never said when they ask him to comply they never told him what they wanted him to comply with. The police never told him why they wanted him to get out of the car, or what he was there for, but on the other hand they were treating him like he did something wrong before he got told what was going on!
Yeah.. One officers says one thing and another is saying something else
... Who is wrong here?
Old 05-21-2024, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,621 Times in 1,349 Posts

So just a thought, charges have not been dropped, court date moved. One says I waved car through, other grabs car to stop it from advancing.

My thoughts are opening statements. Judge dismisses case due to lack or insufficient evidence.

That way Leo’s don’t have to do the He said, He said, and I didn’t realize____________ happened. Oh I didn’t have on my cam.

Win win for department, SS case is dismissed, and Justice served, making some happy or unhappy.

Just an opinion, wasn’t on property or a witness, so speculation on my part is just that
Old 05-21-2024, 09:24 AM
Default A lot of cameras there

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So just a thought, charges have not been dropped, court date moved. One says I waved car through, other grabs car to stop it from advancing.

My thoughts are opening statements. Judge dismisses case due to lack or insufficient evidence.

That way Leo’s don’t have to do the He said, He said, and I didn’t realize____________ happened. Oh I didn’t have on my cam.

Win win for department, SS case is dismissed, and Justice served, making some happy or unhappy.

Just an opinion, wasn’t on property or a witness, so speculation on my part is just that
There were a lot of cameras there. All emergency response vehicles have cameras, I’m sure there was more than one cell phone recording and there is audio from any officers in the area. This thing will be settled soon.

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Old 05-21-2024, 09:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Was that because they never told him what happened before they charge him or started making demands. Police are usually more curious than that. But why didn’t the police ask him for ID before they tried to charge him, then they would of known he was a Golf Pro to be coming there to play? They’re must of been more to it than they’re telling us!
Old 05-21-2024, 11:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,152 Times in 576 Posts
Default Dropped

Maybe the charges are dropped after he is arraigned?

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-22-2024, 04:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,206 Times in 793 Posts

CNN is reporting there's another video.

First on CNN: Top police officials privately expressed charges against golfer Scottie Scheffler should be reduced - source | CNN
Old 05-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Press Conference. Thursday, 11:30 a.m.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	SCOTTIE MEDIA.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	104221  
Old 05-23-2024, 11:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Officer who didn't turn on his body cam, is subject to "corrective action" for not following department policy.

No video showing the start of the altercation.

"Respecting the legal process" that will move forward.

No plans to dismiss charges "at this time".

Hearing on June 3.

Last edited by BrianL99; 05-23-2024 at 11:21 AM.

Tags
charges, scheffler, dropped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.