Chicago "What are we going to have left in our community"

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2020, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Comparing 2018 to 2020 is so weak. Think about it.

"The Taste of Chicago" (worlds largest food festival) has to be experienced...to be believed.

Better bring an appetite though...and an appreciation for great live music.

We came early when they opened, walked around shopping for a while, took an architectural boat tour (I like Chicago's buildings in general, even more than the Big Apple's)..then hit them again for dinner.

I've lost track of how many times I've been there, but never timed it for "The Taste" previously...and didn't know what I was missing.

Taste of Chicago - Wikipedia
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Taste of Chicago - 2013.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	84531  
Old 06-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,081 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Go figure. Maybe it's time for you doom and gloomers to pay a visit.

Nearly 58 Million Visitors Help Set New Chicago Tourism Records, City Says – NBC Chicago
Been there, done that, not returning.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Why don't they use high pressure water hoses on the looters? Could be the 1st bath they've had in weeks.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-11-2020, 05:15 AM

Years of poor leadership and do nothing law enforcement. Zero respect for authority.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I long ago stopped reading the NY Times. But I did read Tom Cotton;s op-ed Opinion | Tom Cotton: Send In the Military - The New York Times which discussed the use of military force to quell the wanton destruction of property and restore some semblance of civil order. If you follow the link, you;ll see that the paper indicated that it should not have published this, as it didnt meet their editorial standards.. If you were a property or business owner that happened to have your house or business located on the "wrong street", you might welcome such restraint. I read in a different paper how a Philadelphia firearms owner protected his property when a group of "people" finally were successful in breaking into his store. Wonder who the second amendment folks will be voting for in November ??
Old 06-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

"The Taste of Chicago" (worlds largest food festival) has to be experienced...to be believed.

We came early when they opened, walked around shopping for a while, took an architectural boat tour (I like Chicago's buildings in general, even more than the Big Apple's)..then hit them again for dinner.

I've lost track of how many times I've been there, but never timed it for "The Taste" previously...and didn't know what I was missing.

Not this year.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:53 PM

Mayor Lightfoot will propose raising taxes.
That’ll bring the businesses back.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

...and as usual most of the so-called Media is 'shhhhhhh'. Inner city BonB shootings and murders don't serve our narrative. shhhhhh.

49 shot, 7 fatally, in Chicago weekend violence

Murders this year are already higher than they were during the same time in 2016 - Chicago's most violent year in recent memory. Overall, shootings and murders are up 50 percent compared to last year, according to the police department.

Through Sept. 20, police have recorded 560 murders in 2020 compared to 374 murders during the same time in 2019.

Four people were killed Saturday: two in Austin on the West Side and two on the South Side.

Two were killed Sunday, and another died Friday night in the Burnside neighborhood on the South Side. They were all males, the youngest being 17 years old and the oldest being 66.

A 5-year-old girl was stabbed to death Saturday morning in East Garfield Park, according to police, who arrested a potential suspect. Early Sunday, a woman in her 20s with stab wounds was pulled from the North Branch of the Chicago River.

49 shot, 7 fatally, in Chicago weekend violence - ABC7 Chicago
Old 09-28-2020, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
...and as usual most of the so-called Media is 'shhhhhhh'. Inner city BonB shootings and murders don't serve our narrative. shhhhhh.

49 shot, 7 fatally, in Chicago weekend violence

Murders this year are already higher than they were during the same time in 2016 - Chicago's most violent year in recent memory. Overall, shootings and murders are up 50 percent compared to last year, according to the police department.

Through Sept. 20, police have recorded 560 murders in 2020 compared to 374 murders during the same time in 2019.

Four people were killed Saturday: two in Austin on the West Side and two on the South Side.

Two were killed Sunday, and another died Friday night in the Burnside neighborhood on the South Side. They were all males, the youngest being 17 years old and the oldest being 66.

A 5-year-old girl was stabbed to death Saturday morning in East Garfield Park, according to police, who arrested a potential suspect. Early Sunday, a woman in her 20s with stab wounds was pulled from the North Branch of the Chicago River.

49 shot, 7 fatally, in Chicago weekend violence - ABC7 Chicago
And of course the national media could care less
Old 09-28-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

makes you wonder why it is that the city and religious leaders in Chicago haven't been able to put a stop to this killing
Old 09-28-2020, 02:16 PM

Why all the hand-wringing about Chicago, they are not even in the top 30 cities murder per capita in the U.S. Those cities are East St. Louis IL, St. Louis MO, Gary IN, Chester PA, Baltimore MD. The violence is terrible of course, but is the MSM supposed to cover every murder in all of these cities?
Old 09-28-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I have 3 framed Taste Of Chicago posters in my lanai. Great times. I brought my good Chicago memories with me!
Old 09-28-2020, 02:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Too much letting crooks get away with their actions.
Criminals have more rights than the victims. Sad
Old 09-28-2020, 02:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Seems like someone once said, not too long ago, "elections have consequences". Seems like the voters in Chicago are experiencing the consequences of their votes.

PREDICTION: All these so-called leaders will be re-elected.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet2020 View Post
Why all the hand-wringing about Chicago, they are not even in the top 30 cities murder per capita in the U.S. Those cities are East St. Louis IL, St. Louis MO, Gary IN, Chester PA, Baltimore MD. The violence is terrible of course, but is the MSM supposed to cover every murder in all of these cities?
really? Not hand-wringing, simply --- ongoing horror inner city living (and dying). The numbers are atrocious. How would YOU like to live there, or your family?
You said it - the violence is terrible. The numbers are terrible. Every single week in and week out - it's like a shooting gallery. Chicago - with one of the strictest gun laws in the country. And innocent children. Apparently the vast majority BonB and gangs shootings. My point is shhhhh from the majority of the USA Media - and most politicians. YES MSM SHOULD cover this ever-important topic. Personally I believe it is RACIST of the Media to NOT cover this intently. Are these shooting and murder victims second-class citizens??? Let's face it - if ANY ONE of these shootings were DONE by a Chicago COP ---- the MEDIA would be ALL OVER IT!!! period.

Tags
chicago, read, report, mayor, chicagos

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.