CNN Plans Eventual Switch Away from Cable TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2024, 05:02 AM
Veteran member

They ran CNN into the ground. It would be still around if the executives had placed a higher priority on profits than indoctrination.

It used to be a very good network that was palatable to viewers across the political spectrum. My favorite anchor was Bernard Shaw. They also had great shows like Crossfire which I watched all the time.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:30 AM

Do people still watch tv news (oxymoron)?
Old 04-19-2024, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
They ran CNN into the ground. It would be still around if the executives had placed a higher priority on profits than indoctrination.

It used to be a very good network that was palatable to viewers across the political spectrum. My favorite anchor was Bernard Shaw. They also had great shows like Crossfire which I watched all the time.
They peaked in the pre internet days. Their Headlines News was my default channnel where I would watch Lynne Russell for hours.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:20 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
CNN was founded by Ted Turner.
Who was married to...well, if you know, you know.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisnut View Post
Personally I find the Certified News Network very enlightening as opposed to th the FAux News Network which had to pay a $897 million for its fake news regarding Dominion voting irregularities.
I find it exceptionally funny that when talking about something like CNN people Always Feel the need to insert something like Fox News instead of just defending CNN.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:53 AM

Bull ****. Was then and still now. U can’t show one fake vote that was proven. So give it a break. Oh ya. Next time u get Covid follow his suggested (on live new cast) and inject ur self with beach.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Personally I find the Certified News Network very enlightening as opposed to th the FAux News Network which had to pay a $897 million for its fake news regarding Dominion voting irregularities.
Personally I don't watch the network that lied about Nick Sandman a Kentucky school kid and eventually had to settle out of court with him. Of course they did spend 2 years spinning a wonderful tale about the completely faux Russian collusion. They deserve to be fading from existance.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post

Well said. Yes I liked Crossfire as well.
We watch FOX now, but when CNN was more middle of the road we would watch it as well. They had some good shows where they actually hit the issues from both sides. Now they have gone as left as MSNBC, and become just a Trump hate channel.

We're not huge Trump fans, but the bias at CNN is so obvious. It's a sinking ship.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:54 AM

I think you have that backwards... I've never seen any "certified" news on that channel, only untruths.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2024, 07:01 AM

When you alienate half of your potential viewership by not doing straight news anymore you get what you get. While they are to the right of MSNBC they are far left of the middle. They are a shell of what they once were.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:30 AM

Bye bye CNN...that should be final nail in the coffin for them.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:36 AM

Since we can’t get political here there is no point in commenting!
Old 04-19-2024, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman5652@aol.com View Post
Bull ****. Was then and still now. U can’t show one fake vote that was proven. So give it a break. Oh ya. Next time u get Covid follow his suggested (on live new cast) and inject ur self with beach.
Where is the "politics Police"??????????
Old 04-19-2024, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
Ooohh, I have so many jokes I could make. They practically write themselves.

But, ultimately, if CNN took itself behind the barn, so to speak, all indications are that few would miss it.
Make all the jokes you want....they are ALL going to be moving to this format, even Faux. Better get used to how that iPhone really works!
Old 04-19-2024, 07:47 AM
Default And then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
There is a place for straight news, but unfortunately, it doesn’t make money. It costs a lot to gather news all over the world. Unfortunately, it’s a financial loser, which is why opinion networks emerged. That being said, the price of cable went so high that millions cut the cord and many millions more will do so in the future. CNN has the biggest challenge because their ratings are the lowest. But MSNBC and Fox News are not far behind. Look at the average age of Fox News viewers. It’s an unsustainable business model. I think CNN will be sold. Warner Brothers Discovery can’t afford a losing business entity. But MSNBC and Fox News have challenges in the future as well if the current trajectory continues.
And then TikTok becomes the primary news source. Now that is a scary thought!
Closed Thread

Tags
cnn, eventual, switch, cable, thompson

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.