Covid is going down BUT.....

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2021, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
You really want to beat that dead horse, don’t you?!? The article talks about how we can achieve herd immunity both with, and in addition to, the vaccine. Think for just a moment. For you to build immunity without the vaccine means you need to be exposed to the virus. If only 60% of Americans get vaccinated, the only way to reach the numbers required to achieve herd immunity is through the formation of naturally occurring antibodies from exposure to the virus. The article stressed that quicker we reach herd immunity the less time the virus has to mutate...
If you were looking for an article that supports your opinion that we should continue to wear masks, even after the distribution of the vaccine - you picked the wrong article...
The article we are discussing talks about the different types of immunity which can be achieved from vaccines. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines do not offer "sterilizing immunity". The way I understand what this article is saying is that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will not prevent a vaccinated person from being a carrier of the virus and there is the possibility of a vaccinated person to have the ability to transmit the virus.

Here is another article that supports my POV. This article mentions masking early in the article........

Why You’ll Still Need to Wear a Mask After the COVID-19 Vaccine
Old 02-08-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Have you thought this through?

30M known infected so far. Possibility of 30M more infected but asymptomatic. 450,000 deaths. 75% of population with immunity as a minimum to stop the virus.

Fun with math:

450,000 deaths from 60M infections is a death rate of .75%

75% immunity among 330M US population means about 250M will need to be infected and develop immunity.

.75% death rate in a group of 250M means 1,875,000 deaths to get to the minimum immunity level required to stop he virus.

Are you really so callous as to wish for 1.3M MORE dead just so that you don't need to wear a mask in certain businesses for a little longer?

The conspirators recorded themselves discussing their plans, publicized it two months before putting the plan into action, and then removed it to cover their tracks? Yeah, okay.
IT's BEEN A YEAR!!! And you think it will be 'a little while longer' before you are given your freedom back? In another year, if you are still wearing a mask and marching lock-step with your fellow sheep, remember this quote, "...And then they came for me."
Old 02-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
IT's BEEN A YEAR!!! And you think it will be 'a little while longer' before you are given your freedom back? In another year, if you are still wearing a mask and marching lock-step with your fellow sheep, remember this quote, "...And then they came for me."
So your answer is yes.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-08-2021, 04:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The article we are discussing talks about the different types of immunity which can be achieved from vaccines. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines do not offer "sterilizing immunity". The way I understand what this article is saying is that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will not prevent a vaccinated person from being a carrier of the virus and there is the possibility of a vaccinated person to have the ability to transmit the virus.

Here is another article that supports my POV. This article mentions masking early in the article........

Congratulations you finally found an article on the internet that actually agrees with your point of view!! It shouldn’t have been this hard. FYI, you can always find an article on the internet that will coincide with whatever your opinion is...

Last edited by Swoop; 02-08-2021 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Congratulations you finally found an article on the internet that actually agrees with your point of view!! It shouldn’t have been this hard. FYI, you can always find an article on the internet that will coincide with whatever opinion is...
Actually, she didn't

First of all, the article is from that well respected medical journal---Prevention magazine

But more important, her "quote" was that neither vaccine provides "sterilizing immunity" However, the actual article states

"Detailed data has not been released yet on whether the vaccines offer what’s known as sterilizing immunity, in which those who are vaccinated can’t contract or pass on the virus at all. Until more research is done, there’s a possibility that people who are vaccinated can still become infected without symptoms and spread the coronavirus to those who have net yet received the vaccine."

BIG DIFFERENCE THERE. Always good to change the facts to suit your own personal POV
Old 02-08-2021, 04:37 PM

the good thing that is happening is hospitalizations are down... Get your shot and feel safe
Old 02-08-2021, 10:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Congratulations you finally found an article on the internet that actually agrees with your point of view!! It shouldn’t have been this hard. FYI, you can always find an article on the internet that will coincide with whatever your opinion is...
I don't WANT to wear a mask after I have my second shot (in two days, YAY!). Believe me, I don't. Did I ever give you the impression I want to continue to wear a mask after I have been fully vaccinated? The short answer is "HELL NO".

The fact is I listen to the people who know a lot more than I do about these vaccines. The experts say to continue to mask and social distance to keep the community safe. That is why I will continue to wear a mask when I am in public spaces indoors. I never have worn a mask outdoors so will not change that habit. I do, however, stay away from people and do not go to crowded areas outside.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Actually, she didn't

First of all, the article is from that well respected medical journal---Prevention magazine

But more important, her "quote" was that neither vaccine provides "sterilizing immunity" However, the actual article states

"Detailed data has not been released yet on whether the vaccines offer what’s known as sterilizing immunity, in which those who are vaccinated can’t contract or pass on the virus at all. Until more research is done, there’s a possibility that people who are vaccinated can still become infected without symptoms and spread the coronavirus to those who have net yet received the vaccine."

BIG DIFFERENCE THERE. Always good to change the facts to suit your own personal POV
Honestly, there is nothing more I would like than to be informed that there is absolutely NO POSSIBILITY that a vaccinated person can infect someone else. I will burn my masks, really I will, if that information came to fruition.

Do you really think I enjoy masking? I can not wait for the day we can see people again without masks on their faces. Really!

Last edited by coffeebean; 02-08-2021 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I don't WANT to wear a mask after I have my second shot (in two days, YAY!). Believe me, I don't. Did I ever give you the impression I want to continue to wear a mask after I have been fully vaccinated? The short answer is "HELL NO".

The fact is I listen to the people who know a lot more than I do about these vaccines. The experts say to continue to mask and social distance to keep the community safe. That is why I will continue to wear a mask when I am in public spaces indoors. I never have worn a mask outdoors so will not change that habit. I do, however, stay away from people and do not go to crowded areas outside.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, average, cases, july, high

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.