Crt

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2021, 06:59 AM

CRT: Important to start the narrative at 1619 (not 1964) and also important to hear the narrative from 1964 ff. Have to figure out how to integrate both.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:03 AM
Platinum member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Whatever happened to teaching useful stuff like science and math?
They sure don't teach simple math anymore. Kids can't give change at retail and fast food joints. They can't tell time on an analog clock.
And making everyone a winner is actually making most of them losers.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
This thread adds no value, but the thread on: US Mayors in Support of Critical Race Theory in Public K-12 Education

had to be the shortest life thread ever.

One hell of a topic, but difficult to discuss within the site guidelines.

Apparently racism is dying out in the schools, so they need to teach CRT so the kids know what it is
Old 09-10-2021, 07:22 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
I'm thinking I was part of the problem: My daughter played T-ball. Everyone got a hit. Most hits were homeruns. Everyone was a winner.

Is that where it all went wrong??.......Everyone is equal, Everyone is entitled, Everyone is _______. Today "I identify as".

I might be the cause.
Participation trophies don’t prepare youth for the realities of the real world.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:29 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Participation trophies don’t prepare youth for the realities of the real world.
Soon they will take away Grades in school........participate & pass.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:53 AM

The funny part - was not the concept - but that so many on this site actually thought it was real in the first place - rather than a couple of looney bins on the far left that got a bit of airtime. Speaking of looney tunes getting airtime - many on this site wrote about the huge threat coming - might be the same that still believe Mr. Pillow has the real truth. Same people - same extremism. Same sources of news.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:03 AM
Default History is as important has Math and Science!

Math and science are being taught, even though some don't believe in science ( Climate Change/Global Warming & importance of vaccines).

History is also important, even the parts that are or should be embarrassing to all of us!

Quote:
Old 09-10-2021, 08:15 AM
Default Mr. "Helpful" is a Misnomer!

Based on your comments, you seem to be the cause of the problem but not the one you are rambling on about. You are the cause of spreading your narrow mindedness.

Quote:
I'm thinking I was part of the problem: My daughter played T-ball. Everyone got a hit. Most hits were homeruns. Everyone was a winner.

Is that where it all went wrong??.......Everyone is equal, Everyone is entitled, Everyone is _______. Today "I identify as".

I might be the cause.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

What’s the point in that? Almost half of the adult (and I use that term very loosely) population doesn’t believe in science.
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammaiora View Post
Math and science are being taught, even though some don't believe in science ( Climate Change/Global Warming & importance of vaccines).

History is also important, even the parts that are or should be embarrassing to all of us!
History is important
Vaccines are science
"Global Warming" is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the public, and I have explained the SCIENCE several times, you can look up my prior posts if you are interested in educating yourself.
Veteran member

Federal and state guidelines are there because of some politicians decision on how to think, they are often backed up by threat of removal of money, very similar to mask mandates now which have very little to do with teaching . Your moderator this has nothing to do with politics just an explanation of how things work
Old 09-10-2021, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammaiora View Post
Based on your comments, you seem to be the cause of the problem but not the one you are rambling on about. You are the cause of spreading your narrow mindedness.
No, that poster is NOT the cause, the idiots that developed a system of "all winners" were, are, and will continue to be the problem
Old 09-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

For whatever reasons many schools are ineffective at teaching English, history, science and mathematics. This is evidenced by abysmal student test scores. CRT which is a contrived attempt to produce excuses for lack of initiative and performance is not the answer, but sadly just adds to the problems.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-10-2021, 08:54 AM
John41

Quote:
This thread adds no value, but the thread on: US Mayors in Support of Critical Race Theory in Public K-12 Education

had to be the shortest life thread ever.

One hell of a topic, but difficult to discuss within the site guidelines.

Here’s how US students rank in math and science compared to the rest of the world. CRT calls math and science tools of white privileged.
——————-
Pew Research
How do U.S. students compare with their peers around the world? Recently released data from international math and science assessments indicate that U.S. students continue to rank around the middle of the pack, and behind many other advanced industrial nations.

One of the biggest cross-national tests is the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), which every three years measures reading ability, math and science literacy and other key skills among 15-year-olds in dozens of developed and developing countries. The most recent PISA results, from 2015, placed the U.S. an unimpressive 38th out of 71 countries in math and 24th in science. Among the 35 members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which sponsors the PISA initiative, the U.S. ranked 30th in math and 19th in science.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Here’s how US students rank in math and science compared to the rest of the world. CRT calls math and science tools of white privileged.
——————-
Pew Research
How do U.S. students compare with their peers around the world? Recently released data from international math and science assessments indicate that U.S. students continue to rank around the middle of the pack, and behind many other advanced industrial nations.

One of the biggest cross-national tests is the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), which every three years measures reading ability, math and science literacy and other key skills among 15-year-olds in dozens of developed and developing countries. The most recent PISA results, from 2015, placed the U.S. an unimpressive 38th out of 71 countries in math and 24th in science. Among the 35 members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which sponsors the PISA initiative, the U.S. ranked 30th in math and 19th in science.
And I'm sure all those nations that ranked well above us are teaching "CRT" and hand out participation trophies
Closed Thread

Tags
thread, crt, shortest, life, 1rotfl1rotfl1rotfl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.