From Dr Mercola....Holidays with Covid...this is such an important reminder..

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2020, 08:32 AM

The US set the record because everyone gets tested on a whim. If your afraid, stay home
Old 11-13-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
COVID-19 has a survival rate of 99.99% for those under the age of 40. Even people over the age of 60 who aren’t residents of nursing homes have a survival rate of 98.29%, yet residents in many areas are now told, in great detail, how they can and cannot celebrate their holidays
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, loneliness had reached epidemic levels. In 2018, 54% of American adults over the age of 18 reported feeling lonely. By January 2020, it was 61% and now, nine months into the pandemic, we’ve reached 66%
Loneliness isn’t relegated to the elderly. In the 18 to 34 age group, 75% report feeling socially isolated, compared to 61% of those over 50. Among those aged 18 to 34, 19% say they’ve gone as long as two to three months without interacting with another person
10% of 35- to 49-year-olds, 9% of 18- to 34-year-olds and 7% of those over 50 say they’ve not interacted with anyone outside their household or workplace since the pandemic began
If safety requires us to indefinitely forfeit the most valuable parts of our lives, what exactly are we trying to save?

PLEASE THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHAT IS IMPORTANT!! FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WRAPPED IN FEAR, THERE IS REALISTIC STATISTICS....LIFE WITHOUT HUMAN INTERACTION IS VERY DEPRESSING! SHUT THE TV OFF, LIVE YOR LIFE!
Sad and true...BUT, we’re trying to save our lives and our future good health. ( Longterm effects of the virus aren’t known yet. That, to me, is the scary part)
Old 11-13-2020, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I've seen plenty of practicing physicians - doctors who actually care for patients every day in Primary Care, Urgent Care, ER say that this virus has been overblown. Big time.

Hospitals are not and never have been overwhelmed by this thing. Bodies are not piling up in the street. There is evidence to suggest that cloth masks and all of the hyper sanitizing and distancing that people are doing could very well be doing more harm than good. It could actually have some very serious consequences for our immune systems.

I have heard sad tales about children, teenagers and young adults who have been isolated inside their homes away from people their age since the beginning of this. They go to school virtually. They play video games and talk on social media but that's about the extent of their lives. They are missing out on so much fun and they will never get that time back. It's sad but their parents have bought into the fear hook, line and sinker and they think that they are keeping their kids "safe". That isn't safe.
Sorry I don't agree, yes the kids may be missing out by going to virtual school, but when your grandchild is diagnosed with diabetes at age 3, you can bet your damm bippy this is the best route to take. So people should think before they assume their post is a one size fits all!
Old 11-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Good to be skeptical of anything. Healthy, but even a broken clock is right two times a day.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Randy View Post
Look at the DAILY DEATHs in Florida for meaningful facts. Then analyze by Comparing to something else, like ABORTION in Florida.

There are 862,320 abortions performed a year in the US. 8.2% are done in Florida. That means there are 70,710 abortions performed in Florida Every Year. That is 193 A DAY!

Yesterday, in ALL OF FLORIDA, there were 4 DEATHS. The day before there were only TWO DEATHS in ALL of Florida. The day before that there were only 7 DEATHS from Covid-19 in the Entire State.

Why the concern and FEAR of Covid-19 when we apparently Support the killing of 193 Babies A DAY?

It's time to redirect concerns and cease the continued verbal baloney about the dangers of Covid-19.

Experience

State Facts About Abortion: Florida | Guttmacher Institute
Apples to apples ....pulleezzz!
Old 11-13-2020, 09:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I've seen plenty of practicing physicians - doctors who actually care for patients every day in Primary Care, Urgent Care, ER say that this virus has been overblown. Big time.

Hospitals are not and never have been overwhelmed by this thing. Bodies are not piling up in the street. There is evidence to suggest that cloth masks and all of the hyper sanitizing and distancing that people are doing could very well be doing more harm than good. It could actually have some very serious consequences for our immune systems.

I have heard sad tales about children, teenagers and young adults who have been isolated inside their homes away from people their age since the beginning of this. They go to school virtually. They play video games and talk on social media but that's about the extent of their lives. They are missing out on so much fun and they will never get that time back. It's sad but their parents have bought into the fear hook, line and sinker and they think that they are keeping their kids "safe". That isn't safe.
yet, not able to supply one reference for all this.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:57 AM
Unhappy Hospitals facing shortages of beds and staff

So.... ALL OF YOU WHO DENY THE VIRUS IS A DANGER: Do you want to be one of those who are having to be treated in their CAR - as was seen on television yesterday? Or would you rather be one of those who had to be ignored because there were many ahead of you who were worse off when they arrived at the ER? If not YOU, what if it were someone you love dearly. It's different when it hits closer to home, isn't it? Let's all try and stay safe and listen to the expert medical advisors. Wear a mask, practice social distancing, and find something interesting to do at home so that you don't crave risking everyone's health by going out unnecessarily - because you're depressed or lonely.
Old 11-13-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
COVID-19 has a survival rate of 99.99% for those under the age of 40. Even people over the age of 60 who aren’t residents of nursing homes have a survival rate of 98.29%, yet residents in many areas are now told, in great detail, how they can and cannot celebrate their holidays
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, loneliness had reached epidemic levels. In 2018, 54% of American adults over the age of 18 reported feeling lonely. By January 2020, it was 61% and now, nine months into the pandemic, we’ve reached 66%
Loneliness isn’t relegated to the elderly. In the 18 to 34 age group, 75% report feeling socially isolated, compared to 61% of those over 50. Among those aged 18 to 34, 19% say they’ve gone as long as two to three months without interacting with another person
10% of 35- to 49-year-olds, 9% of 18- to 34-year-olds and 7% of those over 50 say they’ve not interacted with anyone outside their household or workplace since the pandemic began
If safety requires us to indefinitely forfeit the most valuable parts of our lives, what exactly are we trying to save?

PLEASE THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHAT IS IMPORTANT!! FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WRAPPED IN FEAR, THERE IS REALISTIC STATISTICS....LIFE WITHOUT HUMAN INTERACTION IS VERY DEPRESSING! SHUT THE TV OFF, LIVE YOR LIFE!
Lots to dislike in this one! 1st....is Dr.Mercola Scott O 's last name? Is he Scott O when he is some lighthearted, ordinary TV Land Bozzo? Does he then put on his cape and become a serious, professional DOCTOR? Why is this ambiguous? In the end summary anyway, whoever(?) it is ....they become Dr. Herd Immunity - the Doctor of DISS......DISinformation!

......Granted that COVID 19 has caused much mental anguish and stress in the UNITED STATES. It is needed to be pointed out that ALL countries are not as bad as the US. Some have been relatively unaffected - those that did not think of it as a HOAX and reacted quickly in an ADULT manner - Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Japan, and others. Canada is doing much better than the US. So, the 1st thing to remember is that CV did NOT have to be THIS bad!

Now, as to the mental stress discussed in the thread starter......."61% of adults REPORTED loneliness in Jan 2020 before CV started to hit the US." Then after CV, "66% loneliness was REPORTED". That would be a WHOOPING big difference of 5%, again REPORTED. Everyone knows that loneliness is SUBJECTIVE! So a REPORTED survey on loneliness is NOT mathematical - so a 5% difference is ludicrous to even talk about. The ONLY truth here is that people in the US SEEM to feel lonely. There are many reasons for this - CV would be ONE very possible reason. Or the reason could be that they feel alienated because their government let them down about CV and they know that other counties did NOT conceal the truth from their population and protected their citizens. It could be about US citizens being unprotected and telling surveyors that they felt lonelier after the CV quarantine - that seems reasonable.

....The apparent DISinformation of this thread seems to be to encourage older TV Landers to practice Herd Immunity during Thanksgiving, which amounts to advertizing for a "Super Spreader" Holiday......a Holiday from reason and a total disregard for Federal and Medical Advice to only celebrate the Holidays with your "regular in house relatives". And to use Zoom instead of physically traveling to a Turkey and DROPLETS....of CV.... family event. To summarize - is it better to be lonely or dead? At least, the turkey did not suffer in the hospital for a long time before dying.
Old 11-13-2020, 11:02 AM

I don’t usually get involved in this type of discussion because I know there is no convincing some people so what is the use? But for those people who quote 99% survival rates, think about those who have to fight for you to have them, how sick and for his long you may be when you get it with a possible lifetime of after effects. Think drain on the healthcare system both financially and physically. Think about the loneliness of the people isolated and fighting for their lives. What logic do you use when you selfishly say if I am afraid I can stay home so you can go out and enjoy your life without doing your part to protect me? Wear your mask so I don’t HAVE to stay home. Peace out, no replies needed.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	B6C9FBB5-3194-46D3-9382-EAC7FBA6657A.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	86936  
Old 11-13-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Older Adults and COVID-19 | CDC
Old 11-13-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:

I returned last week to support my husband, a doctor at our local hospital outside of El Paso. The Air Force and Army are here setting up tents. I can assure you that hospitals are being overwhelmed. My husband slept maybe 4 hours last night when called back in to the ER. Everyday he is optimistic that cases will slow down and every night he comes home quiet and almost defeated. A few days ago, an 18 month old baby died with Covid. If you want to see reality, come here. This is not “overblown”.

Since coming home, my husband and I have decided to forgo Sunday dinner with the kids for now. Although both of us are very healthy, one son has diabetes and the other asthma, placing them in a high comorbidity category. We know our sons are at risk and thus we are taking every precaution to protect them... yes, hook, line, sinker and the whole darn fishing boat. While we are optimistic that Covid will be managed in the near future through vaccines, etc., a few more months of taking precautions is worth the effort, in our opinion, than not having our boys in our lives for many more.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:17 PM

Let's see - an older friend died of Covid, the father of a friend died of Covid, the father of a friend has been on a vent for 2+ weeks, the cousin of a friend went on a vent two days ago, my former secretary just came home from the hospital from Covid, my childhood next-door-neighbor died of Covid. I know five other adults who have had it - two are having long-term effects. Local hospitals are at full capacity (info directly from friends who are drs, nurses, and pharmacists in the hospitals). That's just my little corner of the world.

Also, the concern is not just the death rate. The poster's comments do not address the long-term effects: lung damage, brain fog, blood clots, and things we may not yet know about.

We are in Ohio (get the TV as often as we can - two more years until retirement) and the horrible increases we are experiencing are being driven by small gatherings. They know this through contact tracing.

Depression and loneliness is real. I do not discount these for a second.

If you must get together, please quarantine ahead of time and make sure your loved ones do the same. Some families will be safe, but many others - not.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:19 PM
Default Oops

Oops. Are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macawlaw View Post

Depression and loneliness is real.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Depression and loneliness... Covid can take care of both of them. Reminds me of some ads on TV for drugs for depression, they can be lethal as a side effect, no more depression.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Once again, the remarks were in reference to the New York Yimes, not anything whatsoever to do with MSN in any [I][I]way.

"Like"' Judy..."appreciate
" real.

Not surprising.
I was replying to Orange Blossom Baby, not you.

Tags
age, pandemic, months, residents, 61%

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.