EVs pollute more than gas vehicles!

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2024, 10:16 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=Caymus;2308273]I wonder if the left's attack on Tesla will increase pollution at the factory.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...8b66c2e0&ei=23[/QUOTE

I’m so confused, I thought ‘the left’ promotes EV and renewable energy? I think the attack you speak of could be aimed at Elon Musk and his politics in general. The guy is a visionary. I mean he pushed out tens of thousands of flame throwers a few years ago, sold them out in hours and broke the internet. Now back to our mutual admiration of fossil fueled classics!
Old 03-06-2024, 10:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,183 Times in 782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
No offense intended here....but great point. Why is the Prius and in this case the Tesla so aesthetically unpleasing?
Just an observation, based on nothing more than being old and having been around the block a few times.

The folks that buy those cars, are "non-conformist" in the worst sense of the world. They think they're "special" and "cutting edge". They don't want to look like everyone else, nor be associated with the mundane or status quo (per their version of the world). They'd rather drive an ugly car, with inferior quality and design, to differentiate themselves from the masses who "kowtow to THE man".

The problem with "minorities" of any sort (not an intended racial slur or anything like that, "minority" in the true sense of the word), is they all seem to adopt some outward, defining mode of dress, buying habits or social behavior, to advertise their non-conformance. In the case of Tesla, they buy ugly cars of the new Mustang. Who of our age, would ever envision a Ford Mustang, that looks anything like the new EV Mustang?
Old 03-06-2024, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donegalkid View Post
Hmmm …. someone with some real facts, real life examples; not tabloid headlines. Well done. The tabloid article included references to an interesting study, however. Using the logic being proposed in the article (heavier vehicles burn tires faster and emit more pollution) many believers should also enthusiastically now argue AGAINST Americans buying heavier tire burning pickups and SUVs, and now argue in favor of buying lighter, smaller, gas powered cars, and certainly they would now need to lobby strenuously against the incredible proliferation of 100,000 pound eighteen wheelers on our major roadways and now also argue for increased rail subsidies to modernize US rail freight lines. More rail transport of freight and less heavy vehicle tire burners and polluters (?). Maybe a whole new generation of environmentalists will spring forth from the tabloid readers. Wow.
I agree. Especially about the improved railroad lines. Japan can produce high speed rail. Maybe the US needs to think ahead to that future. But, the US should NOT include the city of New York and other coastal cities like Miami and others on the East Coast because they will LIKELY be underwater by 2090. Take CLIMATE SCIENCE into consideration when making Federal decisions.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopat View Post
I wonder why we don't have more gasoline powered appliances and devices if they're so efficient and clean like gas powered cars and trucks.

I can think of a few:
Gasoline powered cell phone! Just fill 'er up, lasts for a week!
Gas powered flashlight! Never needs charging!

And so clean! Maybe a gasoline powered air filter! Or, hey, better yet, a gasoline powered washing machine! Dump your clothes in, they come out sparkly clean and meadow fresh!

How about a gasoline powered refrigerator! Nothing better than gasoline and a catalytic converter next to your food! Yum!
Great humor! And proves a point better than long dialog like I use!
Old 03-06-2024, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealman View Post
I have three vehicles and each has it's purpose. F250 to pull things, a 68 Mustang for Sunday drives when it is finished being restored, and a Mache to have some sporty fun. We bought the Mache for fun and transportation, not to save the planet. Nothing man-made will save the planet. Just take care of the planet the way one sees fit. It was great in the day when we could debate things openly and without ridicule. And then, when we were done debating we could still be friends. Ah, for those days!
Very correct about the good old days (1975 and earlier) when people of different views could debate and then be friends because we were all Americans.........and here comes the BIG point.........MOST all Americans THEN were the SAME financially. Most of us (The US) were middle class then (before 1975). What happened after that????? Partial answer - outsourcing and changing of the tax code to benefit the WEALTHY.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Very correct about the good old days (1975 and earlier) when people of different views could debate and then be friends because we were all Americans.........and here comes the BIG point.........MOST all Americans THEN were the SAME financially. Most of us (The US) were middle class then (before 1975). What happened after that????? Partial answer - outsourcing and changing of the tax code to benefit the WEALTHY.
Ah yes...when are ancestors came through Ellis Island, were sponsored and had jobs waiting for them in the cities and towns in which they resided. True manufacturing positions that were designed for a 30 year career with healthcare and pensions. Those earnings usually spent in those same communities further giving stability to its residents and commercial base. A guy can dream can’t he? Now where is my Amazon package!
Old 03-06-2024, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,019 Times in 2,510 Posts

Quote:
No outsourcing and moving companies overseas or south of border putting Americans out of work factory blue collar work and making CEOs and Wall Street investors rich. That’s what wiped out middle class then. The new wipe out will be AI.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Well, here's my shocked face :-|. Wait, ya mean there's been an agenda being pushed all these years? Nooooo, I don't believe that.

Sorry, it's not a FoxNews link, you can't just dismiss it because you don't like the source (ostrich syndrome).

Electric cars release MORE toxic emissions than gas-powered vehicles and are worse for the environment, finds shock report | Daily Mail Online
I don't believe much in this article. The problem that I see with electric vehicles is the limited range for long trips.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,019 Times in 2,510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopat View Post
I wonder why we don't have more gasoline powered appliances and devices if they're so efficient and clean like gas powered cars and trucks.

I can think of a few:
Gasoline powered cell phone! Just fill 'er up, lasts for a week!
Gas powered flashlight! Never needs charging!

And so clean! Maybe a gasoline powered air filter! Or, hey, better yet, a gasoline powered washing machine! Dump your clothes in, they come out sparkly clean and meadow fresh!

How about a gasoline powered refrigerator! Nothing better than gasoline and a catalytic converter next to your food! Yum!
We do everything you mentioned was made by crud oil gasoline just one of by products. Without fossil fuels NONE of them would be possible. We still be rubbing two sticks together and using jaw bone of Ashe.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
Pollute what exactly? FYI - Carbon Dioxide is the exact opposite of a pollutant.
Carbon dioxide CO2 was fine throughout most of human history. But, it has become excessive - more than can be absorbed by trees and plants. We can see trees bulldozed up here locally. The Brazilian rain forest of the Amazon has been cut down for farming. Most of this UNBALANCE has expressed itself in the last 15 years because not CO2 BUT EXCESS CO2 has gotten into the ocean and is killing the Coral REEFS. And the excess CO2 has settled around the upper atmosphere and REFLECTED HEAT back to the Earth. This keeps causing greater and greater hurricanes each year. This can be PROVEN right NOW by anybody willing to read that the Golf of Mexico is already (before summer even) at record temperatures. AND also, is the whole WORLD heating up.
.........South America's heating up is causing ALL the movement of people from Venezuela and other South American countries northward to the US. This will not stop because the planet's population is spiking upward right NOW. That means more EXCESS CO2 coming out of gasoline engine exhaust.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Carbon dioxide CO2 was fine throughout most of human history. But, it has become excessive - more than can be absorbed by trees and plants. We can see trees bulldozed up here locally. The Brazilian rain forest of the Amazon has been cut down for farming. Most of this UNBALANCE has expressed itself in the last 15 years because not CO2 BUT EXCESS CO2 has gotten into the ocean and is killing the Coral REEFS. And the excess CO2 has settled around the upper atmosphere and REFLECTED HEAT back to the Earth. This keeps causing greater and greater hurricanes each year. This can be PROVEN right NOW by anybody willing to read that the Golf of Mexico is already (before summer even) at record temperatures. AND also, is the whole WORLD heating up.
.........South America's heating up is causing ALL the movement of people from Venezuela and other South American countries northward to the US. This will not stop because the planet's population is spiking upward right NOW. That means more EXCESS CO2 coming out of gasoline engine exhaust.
.... and for EV minerals

Growth of electric vehicles endangering rain forests
Old 03-06-2024, 11:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
No matter where we all stand on this thread....I’m getting depressed by the thought of all of this producing even more bike lanes across our country. Ugh
Old 03-06-2024, 12:01 PM

Perhaps we should make an attempt to broaden the spectrum of our understanding of the complex yet positive impact that EV replacement is having on our environments and move of the puerile commentary such as "My MACHE gives me all the vroom, vroom I want without the gurgling muffler sound" or "My Prius drives on a full tank to New York and back".
The nuance and sophistication of appropriate environment modelling goes well beyond some of the shallow opinions shared here on TV pages.

Just a moment...
Old 03-06-2024, 12:05 PM

It is the truth. The production of batteries pollutes 100x more than the exhaust from any gas vehicle. You are being down a road with untruths.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:06 PM

Just a moment...
Closed Thread

Tags
evs, foxnews, link, nooooo, dismiss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.